Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party

Was there in early October last year (same night as Doug I believe). It was MEGA BUSY.

I heard a CM comment during the fireworks that it was 'worse than New Years'!

The queues were all long particularly for the M&Gs.

On the plus side, the candy stations were fast and generous, the extra theming was excellent and the parade was fun (and included Miss Piggy!).

A tip - go to the gate end of Main Street for the best view of the fireworks and more importantly to avoid the crushing crowds
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I have yet to go to the Disneyland Halloween Party but I was able to go for the WDW Halloweentime party and LOVED every minute! It's a great experience and, I feel, well worth the extra money. Just be sure to get your ticket to the evening you want to attend soon! There are certain days that sell out before others.

Have a great time!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Question: do people wear any non Disney costumes. And any suggestions for two 22-25 year olds thinking about going?

• Dreaming of next trip

Yes pepople wear non disney cosutumes, some wear tshirts that have sayings on them, just make sure it fits in the guidlines for the park.

from our trip last year, there were others who were not in disney costumes also.

Does anybody know anything about the Mad T Party during the Halloween party?

• Senior Minion

I went as Fred Flintstone. It felt wrong... and yet so right!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Do they have Fantasmic showing?

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by abooch View Post
    Does anybody know anything about the Mad T Party during the Halloween party?
    Mad T Party is over at California Adventure. The Halloween Party is hosted at Disneyland, so Mad T Party would be unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Do they have Fantasmic showing?
    No. All Rivers of America attractions are not operating: Columbia, Mark Twain, Canoes, Rafts, Tom Sawyer Island, and Fantasmic.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Mad T Party is over at California Adventure. The Halloween Party is hosted at Disneyland, so Mad T Party would be unaffected.

No. All Rivers of America attractions are not operating: Columbia, Mark Twain, Canoes, Rafts, Tom Sawyer Island, and Fantasmic.
    One thing EVERYONE seems to be forgetting is that TWO of the biggest rides in the park will be CLOSED for refurbishment. All bets are off as to how two of the most popular attractions will effect crowding on open attractions.

Since Indy and Big Thunder are the top two rides in my book I'm even thinking of holding off renewing my pass till one or both reopen.

As for Mickeys Halloween - I've been 8 times. Last year was wayyyyyyyyy overcrowded and wasted much time in candy lines than riding rides. And I went on various nights. Plus the candy selection NOW is generic meaning it was exactly the same at every station. WTD.

Now in 2010 - it was great. Few people, short lines, assortment of candy. Sometimes I wonder if the posters here are just always programmed to say great things and miss the reality of the UPCHARGE especially for premium passholders like myself. C'mon people.

Bottom line last year they oversold the event and delivered less....Period. Hard for me to find that a "Great" time. Most people I know felt the same way....Did somebody say RIPOFF???

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    Yes pepople wear non disney cosutumes, some wear tshirts that have sayings on them, just make sure it fits in the guidlines for the park.

from our trip last year, there were others who were not in disney costumes also.

what are the exact guidelines? no masks or what?

Hmm, I agree, 2010 was pretty much perfect, but I thought 2011 was still really really good!

This will be my fourth year and I'm super excited. I think it's completely worth it, and the first night is only $46 with an AP.

• Dreaming of next trip

here are the guidelines for the costumes, I have seen some in the park that did not follow the rules, latter they were holding their helmet or had to modify the costume becuase security or a CM found them.
    The followin info is from the Disney website.

Costume Information
    All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:

• Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

• Insomniac

Big Thunder got moved back. Only Indi will be down during Halloween time.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by gijoeinlosangeles View Post
    One thing EVERYONE seems to be forgetting is that TWO of the biggest rides in the park will be CLOSED for refurbishment. All bets are off as to how two of the most popular attractions will effect crowding on open attractions.

Since Indy and Big Thunder are the top two rides in my book I'm even thinking of holding off renewing my pass till one or both reopen.

As for Mickeys Halloween - I've been 8 times. Last year was wayyyyyyyyy overcrowded and wasted much time in candy lines than riding rides. And I went on various nights. Plus the candy selection NOW is generic meaning it was exactly the same at every station. WTD.

Now in 2010 - it was great. Few people, short lines, assortment of candy. Sometimes I wonder if the posters here are just always programmed to say great things and miss the reality of the UPCHARGE especially for premium passholders like myself. C'mon people.

Bottom line last year they oversold the event and delivered less....Period. Hard for me to find that a "Great" time. Most people I know felt the same way....Did somebody say RIPOFF???
    Only indy will be down for that time.

For everyone else:I went last year, first night and NO ONE WAS THERE it was great i went on the Matterhorn 8 times in a row, though i did get off and get back in line so there was a 3 mins wait or so in between, i received for just me, 13lbs of candy, let me say it again THIRTEEN POUNDS OF CANDY, and it wasnt the 99 cent store stuff it was name brand lol. The longest trick or treat line was the one by the rivers of america besides that they were all pretty short. And remember POTC was down last year and thats a huge people eater

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I heard a CM comment during the fireworks that it was 'worse than New Years'!
    I bet that CM has never been on New Years Eve. The Halloween Parties have excellent fireworks that are the biggest draw of the night but the Plaza and Main Street can only hold a limited amount of people and the parties have less people in them than capacity days.

New Years Day's night is not super busy, because unlike NYE, some kids have school and parents have work the next day, so some people leave early.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast