Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Word to newcomers: beware of advocating the cloning of attractions on MiceChat... it can only lead to mean spirited arguments LOL.
    Newcomers?

How about beware of anything you say here on Micechat as people always take thing the wrong way.

Anyway, how about something ORGINAL!!!! No movie-based rides or clones!!! Something that the world of Disney has never seen before or the world in fact??? Something that can only be ridden at Disney's California Adventure and no where else, like the Matterhorn. It seems that not only Disney has lost a sense of originality, but seems all of Micechat too.

• Man O Lantern

I have three kids and they aren't even slightly interested in the Muppets. I love the Muppets and I'll drag them to the Muppets 3D thing....but they'd rather not go. We have a season of the Muppet Show on DVD, we have other movies like the Muppet Movie, Muppets Take New York or whatever....but my kids have never liked them as much as my husband and me.

I'm not sure why Disney would base anything else on the Muppets. Not that things need to be wrapped around the interests of children....I just see the Muppets as youth-oriented, but it seems like only adults really adore the Muppets anymore.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I have three kids and they aren't even slightly interested in the Muppets. I love the Muppets and I'll drag them to the Muppets 3D thing....but they'd rather not go. We have a season of the Muppet Show on DVD, we have other movies like the Muppet Movie, Muppets Take New York or whatever....but my kids have never liked them as much as my husband and me.

I'm not sure why Disney would base anything else on the Muppets. Not that things need to be wrapped around the interests of children....I just see the Muppets as youth-oriented, but it seems like only adults really adore the Muppets anymore.
    I'm guessing due to the lack of programing with the muppets. I grew up with the Muppet movies along with Muppet Babies on tv. They just need more exposure and now with them being part of Disney, maybe they'll get more.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• șoș Tom șoș

I guess I say leave the backlot alone for now...walk away let it settle, focus on the rest of the park and come back in 5 years and see what to do then. I wish they would hire "extras" to meander around the area and have a fake film crew filming and the rest of the cast, "Making" creatures, make up, drawing, painting, etc...make it seem more like a studio backlot where all these rides are indictive of an area where multiple productions are occuring at the same time.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    How about something ORIGINAL rather than a movie-based or a clone? How about something based on HOLLYWOOD! That is, after all, what the district is called.
    They did, it was called SuperStar Limo....and everyone hated it
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I think that where Terminator is they should put a War of the Worlds show there, Have the robots from the movie come out of the sides like the terminators and have them blow up everything and have live actors on stage from the film, I think that would attract a lot of people. Terminator has been there too long like Backdraft.
    nevermind, I thought we were talking about Universal Studios...

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I guess I say leave the backlot alone for now...walk away let it settle, focus on the rest of the park and come back in 5 years and see what to do then. I wish they would hire "extras" to meander around the area and have a fake film crew filming and the rest of the cast, "Making" creatures, make up, drawing, painting, etc...make it seem more like a studio backlot where all these rides are indictive of an area where multiple productions are occuring at the same time.
    If your fantasy is to be an actor, that sounds fun. I believe most people don't care about the behind the scenes of movies. If they did, USH would be more popular. People don't want the movie fantasy revealed, they want to BE IN THE MOVIES. They want to be a the right had of Indiana Jones when he discovers a new artifact. They want to ride a broom with Harry Potter. They want to fight and beat the Terminator. They don't want to see how the Terminator was made! They don't want to see how fake and phony Hollywood really is!

That is why the whole "Hollywood Studios" or "Hollywood backlot" is such a bad attempt at theming. I would rather recreate a street as if it was Hollywood of the 1940's. Don't break the illusion by making fake store fronts. Don't make a store themed to be a Movie Theater be a Wiener stand! That would not exist either in 1940's or even on a real Hollywood backlot!

Someone once said that movies are like sausages, you are better off not knowing how they are made.

That is why I think they have a long way to go in making that area fun.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    That would be a great idea for a ride, however it doesn't fit California. It should be in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Liberty Square. DL has a thrilling ride of Indiana Jones, and now WDW could get a form of it, but with a cool new theme...National Treasure.
    Too late - WDW already got a version of Indy with a "cool new theme" - DINOSAUR at Animal Kingdom

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

I believe that Armagedon was planned for the millionare building but the movie wasn't a hit like they expected so they stuck the top-rated show in the building instead. What I would love to see happen is once the Timon lot leaves for DCA expansion, DCA would also expand into the Timon tram area. They could make a fun fake backlot tour kinda like the Great Movie Ride, but focussing on fake films rather than coppies. Instead of an Indy room it could be a generic Adventure flick room where you could expand your own ideas on the genre.

The ride could board in the Millionare building, go through the backlot (tram area) and enter some soundstages (Hollywood and Dine). I would have one room dedicated to the film they are currently pushing (Chicken Litte/Narnia a few months ago, maybe Pirates now) something that is current and fresh and replaced by something else before it becomes dated. I would also love a tour of the animation dept where the animated characters freely walk around and schmooze between takes. Here Mickey would jump out from behind the camera of his directorial debut and talk to the tram a la Turtle Talk or Roz. The tram could also make a wrong turn into the Villian's ward where the Disney Villians sit between takes.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I wouldn't call DINOSAUR a cool new theme. I think I preferred the ride when the park opened and was called Countdown to Extinction (although I'm not sure how or if it is different) simply because it wasn't tied to the movie. I'd like to say, having seen Indy with the lights on and pictures of DINOSAUR with lights on, Dinosaur looks pretty cheap in terms of how the Imagineers created the "jungle", but I must say, when your vehicle is speeding through it and it's dark and there are things going on all around you, it really is hard to tell.

• ...TWO BITS!

Found this bit from mouseplanet. I think it was from 2002.

"Now it looks like Armageddon will not be going into DCA any time soon. Probable reasons include development costs of a new attraction. It now appears that instead we will get a theater designed for a kid friendly show."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/update25.htm#Mar8

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123