• World of Color

Thumbs down Why did Disneyland close early tonight (August 17)

I just got back from the park right now and I noticed that disneyland closed at 11 today than the usual time 12 midnight was there any speacil event going on tonight or did they just decided to close early tonight

• Observer

Disney is scheduled to close early this whole week

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Why did Disneyland close early tonight (August 17)

I guess they expect less crowds because next week they close at 10 PM some nights....which I'm only OK since I'm going and have work the next day and would not stay til Midnight anyway

• I'm a Lutheran

I've stayed until midnight once, heck, even fifteen minutes after for Main Street. Didn't really care for it...not saying it wasn't fun or anything. It's probably because I randomly got stick towards the end of the night...
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• SORCERER

Its been scheduled like this for awhile,

I believed they switched it to 11pm after LA County and Orange County started school early this year, so way less annual passport holders coming in, typically AP holders come in latter in the day to avoid early morning crowds and stay till midnight. Plus Disney is saving allot on labor by not staying open an hour later, its honestly only worth it to them if the parks going to be relatively packed still. Sometimes when it gets to 11:45 (like a few days ago) there was more employees than people in the park.

Even DCA switches back to 10am opening on some weekdays in September.
    Last edited by BradleyC; 08-18-2012 at 10:22 AM.

• Sock Puppet

main reason is due to alot of schools are back in session starting next week, also its because summer is coming to a close and their midnight hours are during summer and weekends

i noticed that this week too. family is visiting and we have been enjoying the parks. I am OK with it closing an hour early BUT DCA closes at the same time!! So this creates a huge mess as both parks are being emptied and tram lines were impossible! Heck we walked to the parking structure with a huge endless line of people. felt like main street on the streets of Anaheim! xD

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Its been scheduled like this for awhile,

I believed they switched it to 11pm after LA County and Orange County started school early this year, so way less annual passport holders coming in, typically AP holders come in latter in the day to avoid early morning crowds and stay till midnight. Plus Disney is saving allot on labor by not staying open an hour later, its honestly only worth it to them if the parks going to be relatively packed still. Sometimes when it gets to 11:45 (like a few days ago) there was more employees than people in the park.

Even DCA switches back to 10am opening on some weekdays in September.
    We will see....but I think MANY AP's are in College or older (unless you've got some nice parents) so....we will see but I see the parks still being packed because of all the Ap's coming to Carsland for the first time...or second (having to wait 2 months)

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I don't think Disneyland would close at 11 P.M just for a special event. If they close early for a special event, they would close at least at 8 P.M.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I am not a Krusty Krab

well its been a busy summer, even Mickey needs a vacation! so he and Minnie closed early so Mickey would take Minnie on a date around the park and enjoy a romantic night together

thats why i think they closed early

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."