Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Finding Nemo - How Does the Track Work?

Hi all! New here and this is my first post. I've been lurking around the forum for a while and couldn't help joining

I've always been curious about the ride layouts at Disneyland and how they fit so much into what seems to be such a small space. I looked up Disneyland on Google maps (definitely don't do this if you don't want the magic ruined for you!) and I came to understand how many of the other rides work. However, I'm still completely stumped about Finding Nemo. Sure they have that rock construction that the subs go into and come out of once the ride is done, but it looks too small compared to the length and detail of the ride. I feel like the ride would last a maximum of five minutes if it's on a straight track going through the "rock tunnel". Does anyone know exactly what happens and how they've managed to make it so that the subs are in there for so long?

• Certified in everything

Re: Finding Nemo - How Does the Track Work?

The track is kind of in a big "L" shape (if that makes any sense), and it makes its way under the Autopia track, which is pretty large (try checking it out on google maps).
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Welcome! There are numerous places to find track layouts, a google search will get yiu there. I know the subs have a show building which Autopia crosses over several times.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Insomniac

The sub building goes all the way up to the parade road/ backstage road next to its a small world. You can see the maintanance bay just off the road if you look on google maps.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

someone recently illustrated the layout in another thread.... I just can't remember which one :/
    Anyone remember seeing this?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by chaelxo View Post
    Hi all! New here and this is my first post. I've been lurking around the forum for a while and couldn't help joining

I've always been curious about the ride layouts at Disneyland and how they fit so much into what seems to be such a small space. I looked up Disneyland on Google maps (definitely don't do this if you don't want the magic ruined for you!) and I came to understand how many of the other rides work. However, I'm still completely stumped about Finding Nemo. Sure they have that rock construction that the subs go into and come out of once the ride is done, but it looks too small compared to the length and detail of the ride. I feel like the ride would last a maximum of five minutes if it's on a straight track going through the "rock tunnel". Does anyone know exactly what happens and how they've managed to make it so that the subs are in there for so long?
    Check out the map of outlines..
    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

And checkout this map layout of the original subs
    Submarine Voyage Map | Disney by Mark
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

Thanks for linking to me!

So that's how they do it - sneaky. Thanks all for clarifying!

• Dave

Blog Entries

That is one cool map. After looking at it I am conviced that if DL had thought ahead before building Downtown Disney they should have expande the Adventurland are and made Downtown alittle smaller there by adding more room for future attractions in that cramped end of the park. Thanks for the map

---------- Post added 08-21-2012 at 02:18 PM ----------

Ok i know this thread is about the sub track but man I for got how long the People MOver track is, and I keep hearing there is all this room in Fronterland for another E attration but I just don't see it. Tell me how I am wrong and is there an updated version of that google map since the completion of DCA?
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 08-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Dave

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

My mind is blown! Thanks for the link! Now I know

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    That is one cool map. After looking at it I am conviced that if DL had thought ahead before building Downtown Disney they should have expande the Adventurland are and made Downtown alittle smaller there by adding more room for future attractions in that cramped end of the park. Thanks for the map

---------- Post added 08-21-2012 at 02:18 PM ----------

Ok i know this thread is about the sub track but man I for got how long the People MOver track is, and I keep hearing there is all this room in Fronterland for another E attration but I just don't see it. Tell me how I am wrong and is there an updated version of that google map since the completion of DCA?
    The room in Frontierland is Circle D corral (behind BTRJ/ festival area). It's that large backstage area with a couple small buildings and a horse corrals.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    The room in Frontierland is Circle D corral (behind BTRJ/ festival area). It's that large backstage area with a couple small buildings and a horse corrals.
    But by building there wouldn't that remove the horse corrals. My concern is would that be an end to the horse drawn attractions which bring Mainstreet alive. Much like the lack of the Keel Boats on Rivers of America has done. Bring back redesigned boats would add so much to that area miss the river traffic.
    That said the whole trck thing for the subs is amazing with as much space as itakes up I doubt the subs are going any place
    Dave

• Insomniac

It was looked at as future expansion space by Lasseter/ other execs supposedly a couple years ago. If they did expand into the Circle D, the horses would be trucked in from an offsite location everyday (Disney does have property not attatched to the resort directly).

Since we're talking the submarine track...how do they electrify the track under water to drive the new electric motors?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    Since we're talking the submarine track...how do they electrify the track under water to drive the new electric motors?
    The track isn't electric.. the track is basically a slot the subs are guided by. The subs are self-powered. They have batteries and are charged at the loading area by inductive charging. That was what they added when they converted the subs to electric, from their original diesel they were from the original attraction.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast