Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

The Wicked Witch's Scary Adventure!

It has always bothered me that "Snow Whites Scary Adventure" is presented like a kids ride. That ride still scares me and I'm twenty! I could imagine what it would do to an actual kid (me being a kid at heart). Also why is it even called "Snow Whites Scary Adventure"? She's in the ride for a total of two or three times.......INCLUDING THE PAINTING AT THE END! Where as you can't seem to get away from that damn witch! I think there should be some sort of disclaimer saying, "This ride might be too intense for some parents and WILL scare the crap out of your kids!"

Come to think about it a lot of the "dark rides" are messed up. In Mr. Toad you go the HELL! And in Pinocchio they have this carnival game that makes this terrible sound and every time it hurts my ears. Man these rides are crazy and I can't wait to ride them all again!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well part of what makes disney films timeless is that they examine the darker side of things, at least the films made when walt was still alive do. Kids can handle more than we think they can and theat's why they can't ride it alone, so parents can explain things they might not understand. The rides are based in films that aren't all happy and perky and I think Walt had a respect for children and knew they could handle it and would not apprciate the ride being dumbed down.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Well part of what makes disney films timeless is that they examine the darker side of things, at least the films made when walt was still alive do. Kids can handle more than we think they can and theat's why they can't ride it alone, so parents can explain things they might not understand. The rides are based in films that aren't all happy and perky and I think Walt had a respect for children and knew they could handle it and would not apprciate the ride being dumbed down.

I was umm......joking. I love the rides I was just commenting on how crazy some of them are!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Kids can handle more than we think they can
    Well, with the exception of my brother. He FREAKS when we get in line for the Matterhorn JUST TO GET A BABY-SWAP!!! It gets old fast.

Also, in response to your thing about the Snow White thingy, I think that I read in one of the "Behind the Ears" or something, (number 2, I think), that they changed the name to "Snow White's Scary Adventures" to ward off wimps (such as my brother), and they put that little display/pre-show in which they figured was as intense as the ride ever got.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Sorry, its been a long day and didn't catch the sarcasm- usually I am good at that- I swear.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Disney worshipper/geek

No, it's ok, I agree, but of course, I'm a coward!!!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• It's all nonsense

I'd tell my kids to suck it up and get over it if they were scared of of the fantasyland rides. with HM and Indy i can understand why a kid might be scared of those....but not fantasyland.

me and my cousin couldn't stop laughing at this ride actualy

I dunno the witch effect was pretty neat but it's very fantasyland darkrideish and old if you ask me

we found the ending to be a bit bleh

I hear there supposed to be an effect of the wicket witch falling but we didn't see it (maybe it was broken? this was years ago) it seemed to us that it implied the witch had crushed the dwarves with the stone and they lived happily ever after (it needs a final scene but there's no room)

• Disneyland Freak

It used to be called "Snow White's Adventures" but deeming it a bit scary they added the disclaimer to the title... "Snow White's SCARY Adventures"
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Sock Puppet

The ride is very scary.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I took a friend on there a few years ago for her first time (both in our 40s) and told her that it was sort of a scary ride. As we were going through the haunted forest she turned to me and stated matter-of-factly, "this IS scary... What was Walt thinking???"

LOL. I still laugh when I think about that.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    It used to be called "Snow White's Adventures" but deeming it a bit scary they added the disclaimer to the title... "Snow White's SCARY Adventures"
    I distinctly remember it being labeled on the ticket (I'm guessing it was a "C") as "Snow White's Adventure (SCARY)" as if the scary part were a warning, not just a description of the adventure .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

I went on it when I was 4 years old and had no problem with it.

• Disneyland Freak

I don't ever remember being scared of it though I remember always hating the bat rotisserie in the black forest.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

I seem to recall that the last time I was at WDW, their Scary Adventures had a disclaimer outfront that specified that it could be scary to young children. DL does not have such a disclaimer, it should. That witch relentlessly stalks you through the entire ride and must be absoulutely terrifying to the very young children that it is supposed to attract. Snow White gave me more willies than Alien Encounter.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast