Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Disney parking structure closed?

Ah, memories of the Sticky and Friends thread....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Stop global whining!!!!!!

We arrived at 12:30 and was sent to Simba parking, I was on the Mickeys ferris wheel and I saw no parking on the top and that was about 6:00 pm.

Visit me at: Gabriel Felton

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    They may of been diverting traffic to other parking, to save room in M&F for later arriving APs. This tactic is used now and then when they expect a lot of late arriving grounds. This way when a big amount of cars show up, they can disperse to many parking areas and not to just the last place with room.
    So are you staying that those arriving early are not allowed to park at the closest, most convenient parking area? That doesn't seem fair if that is the case.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    So are you staying that those arriving early are not allowed to park at the closest, most convenient parking area? That doesn't seem fair if that is the case.
    No they are allowed to park at the Toy Story Lot, the most convenient parking, try it out if you haven't.

Yes usually not first thing in the morning but shortly after they divert traffic to other lots. Doing this keeps Ball from backing up in major ways when the after 5 locals show up. For some reason locals think Mickey and Friends is the parking, even when signs direct them elsewhere, so they try to head of the problem this ignorance creates.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    No they are allowed to park at the Toy Story Lot, the most convenient parking, try it out if you haven't.

Yes usually not first thing in the morning but shortly after they divert traffic to other lots. Doing this keeps Ball from backing up in major ways when the after 5 locals show up. For some reason locals think Mickey and Friends is the parking, even when signs direct them elsewhere, so they try to head of the problem this ignorance creates.
    Toy Story most convenient says YOU. Isn't that a matter of opinion?

I can certainly see them diverting traffic if it's a safety issue (traffic backing up to the freeway).......but if there is no good reason other than "anticipation", Disney customers should be able to choose where they want to park. This would be like airlines selling early ticket buyers seats in the back of the plane while releasing the front seats/best seats to last minute buyers.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Hold on there .... you didn't get there early by yourself! Somebody else built that alarm clock that woke you up at that ungodly (for a day off) hour, somebody else brewed that triple venti latte that kept you awake, you need to share the wealth of your good fortune ......

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh
    For some reason locals think Mickey and Friends is the parking, even when signs direct them elsewhere, so they try to head of the problem this ignorance creates.
    It wasn't that long ago that APers were told their free parking was only at M&F
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    It wasn't that long ago that APers were told their free parking was only at M&F
    Closing in on 2 years ago, then they expanded the Toy Story lot and it became regular everyday parking that AP holders could park in.

• I'm a Lutheran

I've had to park at the Toy Story Lot before...I do prefer Mickey & Friends over Toy Story, but it truthfully wasn't that bad. We did brave the line to take the bus, but on the way back, we walked. The walk isn't that bad. We weren't terrifically tired either, so no biggie. We did see a rather disturbing occurrence in the darkened corners of the lot (no one had left yet, so all the cars were sitting there empty)...while passing through it, a nineteen-year-old girl and her boyfriend were arguing in the car with the door open. She screamed at us to call the police (we did but unfortunately couldn't get the license plate number in time). Her boyfriend slammed the door and turned on the car. We could hear screaming and thumping inside. It was pretty bad. Of course we don't know if anything happened as we were only able to give a vehicle description. :/
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

They're building a loop.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12