Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

I want to ride it now!!

Quick little something before I stroll off to work today. While in line for Space Mountain with friends yesterday morning, the man in front of me was showing some out of town folks his anual pass and what he gets with the anual pass, and this man is explaining things and stuff like that, and the conversation closes and hes standing there with his son who was about 8 or 9*guessing* and this man starts looking around and he pulls his son out of line and makes a comment "Im a anual passholder, I shouldnt have to wait in this line, I want to ride this attraction now" after hearing him say that to his son, I started to wonder, not to bash on passholders or anything of that nature, but is this the attitude of most anual passholders? I wouldn't know considering the amount of time spent backstage, I rarely am onstage and encounter guests. Has the program come to that point in which passholders think they have special privlages over others because of a special card they have? I think thats the wrong attitude to have while at Disneyland and perhaps this man should be reminded that Disney can take away passes for any given reason, perhaps he shouldn't be taking it for granted and maybe he should be happy to even be there in the first place

• Minion

Re: I want to ride it now!!

I'm an AP and I'm not like that at all. And yes, it is wrong that people feel entitled just because they have an AP

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
    Quick little something before I stroll off to work today. While in line for Space Mountain with friends yesterday morning, the man in front of me was showing some out of town folks his anual pass and what he gets with the anual pass, and this man is explaining things and stuff like that, and the conversation closes and hes standing there with his son who was about 8 or 9*guessing* and this man starts looking around and he pulls his son out of line and makes a comment "Im a anual passholder, I shouldnt have to wait in this line, I want to ride this attraction now" after hearing him say that to his son, I started to wonder, not to bash on passholders or anything of that nature, but is this the attitude of most anual passholders? I wouldn't know considering the amount of time spent backstage, I rarely am onstage and encounter guests. Has the program come to that point in which passholders think they have special privlages over others because of a special card they have? I think thats the wrong attitude to have while at Disneyland and perhaps this man should be reminded that Disney can take away passes for any given reason, perhaps he shouldn't be taking it for granted and maybe he should be happy to even be there in the first place
    to some extent... YES. because an AP (although gets more out of it, i guess) still at the end of the day pays more for admission than the regular guest... and throughout the year, probably equals or gets close to what a vacationer would pay in food and merch.

so yes. to an extent there is that feeling of entitlement to some kind of perk. but majority of APers know that there arent that many extra perks that come with the pass.

•   
    • Minion

1 bad person out of the million APs out there. Not a very good sample. Most of us on here don't act this way. I haven't witnessed acts like this either.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

I heard of these people, and as a former AP holder I never felt that way one time. AP holders get enough perks as it is which makes it worth it, IMO.
    "My wait in line should be no more better than yours."

Id say because I am an AP holder I wait wayyyy longer all across the board than the average guest. (because I am there more often and during high and low season as well as events) But I know that ahead of time when I buy my AP. I know I will visit often, wait in lines, endure closures, refurbs and construction. But I do it because I love DLR, I love being there, I don't care if I'm waiting in line, spending my hard earned money on Disney merch, or just sitting on a bench. I do it all because I love it and I want to.

I have always said, if you don't like crowds, waiting in line or spending money don't go to Disney parks hahaha

It's a theme park, there will be lines, and that's the honest truth.

• I'm wishing

That can't be true, can it? I mean, don't AP holders account for about 50% of everyone in the parks?? There are over a MILLION of us and I think we all know that, right??? Plus, the APs tend to spend less per visit than the vacationing guests, so we are actually less valued...I find the story very strange.

• Vidia's Minion

I wish I'd come across someone like this during one of my visits. I'd have some words for them for sure.

I think the phrase that is coined here is P*******

Besides since he's an AP holder he should understand the lines by now and the value of fast passes and what times of the day the line will be shorter for standby.

• Still Dizzy

Maybe he phrased it wrong. I know because I'm a passholder and I know I'll be coming back again and again, I don't really wait in any sort of significant line anymore. Either I have a fastpass, or the wait is 15 minutes or less, or I'm not going on it.

So I don't think I'm entitled to get on the ride now, but I know I don't need to wait in a long line when I can just come back another day.

Wait in line? Like a commoner? Pshaw the Lord doth not wait in line.

Actually I can see this behavior getting worse with the price increase. The more you pay for something the more you expect in return. I still remember I seen a guest yell at a CM once waving her AP in the CMs facing asking the CM if her pass means something to her. That's when I pulled out my AP and went up to the guest and said, "Nope because I have one too, so do 800,000 others too".

• The best wealth is health

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Plus, the APs tend to spend less per visit than the vacationing guests
    Pff, speak for yourself. My little Princess never gives me a break nor the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    so we are actually less valued...
    Gee, I hope not. I don't expect special treatment, but I don't want to be less valued.

• formerly very helpful

As an AP holder, I will say I AM entitled to certain things.

I get a 10% discount at certain places in the park.
    I can ride ANY ride in the park, as long as it's operating.
    I can go to Disneyland on any day, except blackout days.
    I can spend my money at ANY place in Disneyland, except Club 33.

However, I am NOT entitled to behave like a self-absorbed primadonna. I am NOT entitled to be rude to cast members or other guests. I'm NOT entitled to jump to the front of any lines.

It's a shame that some people don't feel this way,but I do think it's the noisy minimum of AP holders.

I think that if it wasn't for having their APs, those same people would be making problems over something else, anyway.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yes I am an AP...and I am better then lines......

Lol Just kidding, no an AP is just like any other ticket...through because of the higher price you do get Discounts and some special events....we wait in line like everyone else

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    1 bad person out of the million APs out there. Not a very good sample. Most of us on here don't act this way. I haven't witnessed acts like this either.
    This. In my experience and IMHO, people who have an entitlement complex or are generally unpleasant will be that way with or without an AP. Also, as with anything, the bad apples tend to stand out more than the ones who are being polite and friendly, the ones who kindly give directions or helpful hints to lost/confused park visitors, etc.

I have had several Premium APs for years (my daughter and I still do), and I find that attitude revolting. Yeah, I pay a lot for the passes, and I get a lot of perks. Free parking. Food and merchandise discounts (serious savings!). Entry 365 days a year. Perks I don't get: the "right" to be rude to CMs. A sense of entitlement. The right to push past other paying guests because I have what (as someone mentioned) 800,000 people have. There are lots of events where APs get special treatment; in the Park, we're simply Guests like any others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast