Gift souvenier question

I'll be in DL in October and I was wondering, what would be a good gift for a 27 year old male (my brother)? I buy t-shirts every time, but I want to get him something different this time. He's not into Disney at all.... Suggestions please? TIA!

Re: Gift souvenier question

hmmm.. when you say he's not into Disney at all - does that mean that he hasn't ever been to Disneyland, or really dislikes Disneyland?? If it's either of those things then my suggestion probably is terrible, but I would go with an attraction poster. You can get a really nice matted poster for under $40 (look in World of Disney in DTD or in the shops on Main Street)... I love the original attraction posters, so maybe if you guys ever went to Disneyland together as kids and you have a special memory of a certain ride...? I have about 10 different framed posters hanging in my house and I absolutely love them.

If he literally couldn't care less about Disney and wouldn't enjoy/want anything that is actually from Disneyland, I would go with some sort of sweet treat... there are lots of yummy sweets to be found all over the park that make a great gift (I always get my non-Disney-loving boyfriend some fudge or tins of rocky-road and he really enjoys it... I'm sure a brother would enjoy that as well!)
    Last edited by taylorear; 08-23-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooshka1 View Post
    I'll be in DL in October and I was wondering, what would be a good gift for a 27 year old male (my brother)? I buy t-shirts every time, but I want to get him something different this time. He's not into Disney at all.... Suggestions please? TIA!
    A date with one of the princesses?

• Disney Magic is a Must

Sometimes they have some things that are seasonal that aren't overtly Disney, such as this little day of the dead guy:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  16.2 KB

But I'm also a huge fan of the suggestion for something to eat.
    Name:  Halloween-Apples.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  140.4 KB

If he's not into Disney at all, forget Disney. I'd say, get him something at the House of Blues or ESPN Zone in dtd.

I agree that candy would be a good choice. Unless he doesn't like candy. I suppose depending on what kind of things he likes or uses, you could just keep your eyes open for something that isn't too blatantly "Disneyfied".

I'm just curious...How many souvenirs do you all buy for others? How much do you typically spend per person? In the past my husband and I bought something for most of our family, and kind of spent a lot...we can't really afford to do that now. Do you feel pressure or guilt if you don't come back with souvenirs for your family and friends?

What are some good souvenirs/gifts that are inexpensive?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    I agree that candy would be a good choice. Unless he doesn't like candy. I suppose depending on what kind of things he likes or uses, you could just keep your eyes open for something that isn't too blatantly "Disneyfied".

I'm just curious...How many souvenirs do you all buy for others? How much do you typically spend per person? In the past my husband and I bought something for most of our family, and kind of spent a lot...we can't really afford to do that now. Do you feel pressure or guilt if you don't come back with souvenirs for your family and friends?

What are some good souvenirs/gifts that are inexpensive?
    Those collectable/trading pins are fairly inexpensive (depending on how fancy you get). Maybe get one for each persons favorite disney movie or ride? Makes it a little more personal... And if you are a traveler, they take up no extra space in your luggage

• -

Well, if he is into baseball, they have several different collectible baseballs.
    Last edited by calsig31; 08-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Or maybe get him an Anaheim t-shirt. When I went to visit a friend last year at the Hilton and saw those things in the gift shop I almost passed out from laughing so hard.

I'd say a Vinylmation if they have the right style.

• Sock Puppet

Disneylandhas come out with nice baseball caps for guys. And kinda cool lookingones too..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    If he's not into Disney at all, forget Disney. I'd say, get him something at the House of Blues or ESPN Zone in dtd.
    This. If he's not into Disney, don't make him pretend to like something you get for him. Yeah, it's the thought that counts, but no one needs souvenirs from places they don't particularly like, nor do you need to spend good money on it if it's not going to be appreciated.

Another who suggests food if he's not into Disney, unless he is a geek and then of course StarWars, or some of the funky novelty toys they have..to put on his desk (if he has that kind of job). I bought the alien guy from Toy Story..and people come and play with him when they visit my desk..you just pull the toy back and it rolls forward (like the old school cars).