Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: Dapper Days at Disneyland Park

You don't always need a salon to do your hair. YouTube is a wonderful place for tutorials and tips on how to do vintage styles. You might have to comb through a few not so great vids, but I'm sure there's something there for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    Im practicing with my hair now. I should have made an appt @ a.salon like last time, but i wanted to try on my own. There are many easy style but i have unruly hair. Lol.
    cant wait!

TOMRROW! Oh my goodness. Just finished my dress and STILL have to put on the finishing touches. I'm doing a 1950's take on the Cheshire Cat. I certainly hope it looks as good finished as it does in my head. LOL

See you all there!

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    It will be the first Dapper Day event I've ever attended!

Hooray! It's going to be such a wonderful night. The crowd prediction for the day is 4/10... how awesome is that?! HAPPY DANCE!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Minion

I can't wait to see people's expression when masses of well-dressed men and women flock to the carousel at night.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

It was so wonderful! If anyone has pics to share, feel free to post them here!

Found a couple pics from the evening. Sadly, our whole party wasn't able to make it to the Friday night event. Our group pics were from the following evening. We have a history of dressing up for the park no matter the day; it's just a great way to enjoy ourselves!

Name:  Roxy& I Day 2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  163.2 KB
    "Disneybounding" Snow White & Aurora. This is how we usually dress for our Park trips. <3

Name:  Enjoying a Dole Whip.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  79.6 KB
    Enjoying a Dole Whip in line for the Jungle Cruise. Perfect snack on a lovely warm night.

Name:  Dapper Day 2.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  62.5 KB
    With Walt and Mickey on Buena Vista Street.

Name:  Dapper Day 3.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  71.1 KB
    Our Wonderland group. Can you tell who's who?

Name:  Dapper Day4.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  84.4 KB
    Sometimes you just have to take a step back and have a read on current events.
    Last edited by CupcakeTerror; 09-11-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding pics

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post

Name:  Roxy& I Day 2.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  163.2 KB
    "Disneybounding" Snow White & Aurora. This is how we usually dress for our Park trips. <3
    Regarding dressing like this, styled to characters. At Dapper Days was there an increase in styling your dapper clothing to characters? I'm curious because I saw a few reports of what people were wearing and many people were doing this. Maybe because they made more interesting photo subjects they were or a more common site in the reports.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Regarding dressing like this, styled to characters. At Dapper Days was there an increase in styling your dapper clothing to characters? I'm curious because I saw a few reports of what people were wearing and many people were doing this. Maybe because they made more interesting photo subjects they were or a more common site in the reports.
    We usually pick a character, land or attraction to theme our clothing to on trips to The Park. My friends and I enjoy the creativity involved and the imagination it takes to come up with a fun outfit. I did see a lot more themed outfits for Dapper Day and a few that were great nods to a character without being overly obvious.

The outfits do make for more colorful photos, that's for certain!

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• ******** Gold Member

Dapper night took my Disney experiences to a new High level! Our group had an amazingly fun time, took hundreds of photos, including dapper dans & dapperettes throughout the parks. Looking forward to the February 24, 2013 Dapper Day. I'll just be more careful with choice of shoes to go with my dress. The blisters are still healing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123