Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Space, Splash or Star Tours Fastpass?

I'm not sure what to expect when it comes to Oct crowds.

We have 3 days in the parks.

On day one, the plan is to get to DCA at opening and head straight for the RSR fastpass line, then get in line for Toy Story Mania. After that, we can take our time and just take rides at they come. Not all that worried about ToT.

On day two, this will be our only early morning day at DL. My plan was to head for the Matterhorn, then Nemo. Then either a FP for Star Tours or Space Mountain. Which do you suggest? Do you think there will be enough FP's to get one for each? Where should we fit Splash Mountain into the picture? I was thinking that perhaps that side of the park would not be available to us during early morning admission??

On day three, again, planning on a RSR FP, and Toy Story Mania. We thought we would just bounce around between the two parks and do all our favorites again. Any suggestions here on how to make the most of our last day?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Seasick

Re: Space, Splash or Star Tours Fastpass?

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is very popular so I would get a fastpass for that first. You shouldn't have a problem getting fastpasses for all three attractions in one day. I'd probably do Star Tours second, especially if you want to ride multiple times to try and see every scene.

What days are you going? If you're there on a Sunday night Splash Mountain is usually a walk-on close to closing time.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is very popular so I would get a fastpass for that first. You shouldn't have a problem getting fastpasses for all three attractions in one day. I'd probably do Star Tours second, especially if you want to ride multiple times to try and see every scene.

What days are you going? If you're there on a Sunday night Splash Mountain is usually a walk-on close to closing time.
    We will be there a Tues (DCA), Wed (DL) and Thurs (Both).

• Nic

After Matterhorn, and Nemo, grab a FastPass for Space Mountain, and wait for Star Tours. Then go over to Splash Mountain, it's usually a walk on till lunch time.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by produceguy View Post
    On day one, the plan is to get to DCA at opening and head straight for the RSR fastpass line, then get in line for Toy Story Mania. After that, we can take our time and just take rides at they come. Not all that worried about ToT.
    That works fine. You can slo go quickly from Rope Drop and grab another FP, GRR or CS on the way to TSMM. Ride TSMM once or twice or maybe once and CS once. If you get a FP near opening you can usually get your next one 45 minutes later when the return window opens. So you get in some other rides to fill the 45 minutes and get in the RSR FP distribution line around 45 after the hour.

On day two, this will be our only early morning day at DL. My plan was to head for the Matterhorn, then Nemo. Then either a FP for Star Tours or Space Mountain. Which do you suggest? Do you think there will be enough FP's to get one for each? Where should we fit Splash Mountain into the picture? I was thinking that perhaps that side of the park would not be available to us during early morning admission??
    This is ok, but doing Matterhorn and Nemo means you will only get two rides in during your Magic Morning. I would do Space or Star Tours first then Matterhorn then Nemo. Then get a Space FP first when the park is open for regular guests, in October this why be highly valuable, because of the Ghost Galaxy layover. If you fit in en extra ride you will probably get off Nemo during regular park hours and the Space FP may not have a return before the 2 hour minimum.

On day three, again, planning on a RSR FP, and Toy Story Mania. We thought we would just bounce around between the two parks and do all our favorites again. Any suggestions here on how to make the most of our last day?
    I would do day 1 to get RSR FP and TSMM done. Then hop to DL for the Space FP. FP collection in DCA does not effet DP collection in DL, so you can get them minutes apart.

• Minion

I would get a Space FP.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Always get fast pass first. I'd get Star tours and go right on Space. Go on Splash next, morning lines there are very short. Both Matterhorn and Nemo won't have killer lines all day where Star tours and Space will, and Splash will based on the temperature.

Have fun!!

Ok. thanks everyone! Also... do any of you know of a site I can visit that shows all the FP locations for both parks? Perhaps something that's printable so I can take it with me?

• Foolish Mortal

Get the FP for Space Mountain.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• #bringevilback

If you have early entry to Disneyland you could easily knock out the dark rides, matterhorn, and dumbo in FL along with space and star tours in the first hour if you are there when the gates open. Once the park opens you can head over to Indy, splash, btmrr, etc. when I went for my ap early entry I was able to go on 19 rides by 11, including the big 5, with space and Matterhorn twice each...

• -

Ok. thanks everyone! Also... do any of you know of a site I can visit that shows all the FP locations for both parks? Perhaps something that's printable so I can take it with me?
    If you go to the Disneyland website, and select attractions under the Parks menu, a list of all attractions comes up. On the left side, there are check boxes to narrow the search. Check the box for Fastpass and only the Fastpass attractions will be displayed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The free park maps will have you covered!

• Quality not quantity

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the FP machines in Disneyland do not operate during the early entry hour so be sure to factor that in.

Or am I wrong about that?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the FP machines in Disneyland do not operate during the early entry hour so be sure to factor that in.

Or am I wrong about that?
    When Cars Land opened, wasn't FastPass available to early entrance guests?

I don't think there'd be two separate policies for both parks.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Hall Of Promise

I too would like to know about FP during early entry. We have a Military 3-day park hopper (which I think comes with one day of early entry) and plan to take full advantage of it at Disneyland.

I like the plan that the original poster posted. I may take a few notes from it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast