Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Geoffry Rush?? and The voices from Nemo and Pirates?

Since Geoffry Rush did both a voice in Finding Nemo and Appeared in Pirates, I safe to assume that he'll be doing voice work for both the Pirates overlay this year and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (If his character appears in that)

Has anyone heard about the other voices from Nemo like Ellen or Albert Brookes? Will they be appear in the ride? And Will Johnny Depp or Bill Nigh be appearing in Pirates? Or Even Geoffry Rush?

Both films have great casts!

Monsters Inc seems to have all the cast members from the film....I hope they continue this with the new rides.
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Geoffry Rush?? and The voices from Nemo and Pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    Since Geoffry Rush did both a voice in Finding Nemo and Appeared in Pirates, I safe to assume that he'll be doing voice work for both the Pirates overlay this year and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (If his character appears in that)

Has anyone heard about the other voices from Nemo like Ellen or Albert Brookes? Will they be appear in the ride? And Will Johnny Depp or Bill Nigh be appearing in Pirates? Or Even Geoffry Rush?

Both films have great casts!

Monsters Inc seems to have all the cast members from the film....I hope they continue this with the new rides.
    I hope Ellen does Dory's voice again for the ride. But I bet Albert Brooks will do the voice of Merlin. I bet Merlin & Dory will be the voices that you hear in the sub as they take you out searching for Nemo. During the journey, you will probably run into Bruce the shark and all of Nemos friends from school and the Dentist Office. I bet the ride will start of with us all waving bye to Nemo as he heads off with his school chums but them you go out looking for him after realizing he is missing.

I wonder what tie ins there will be from the past Submarine Voyage ride. I bet that they will probably hide that sea-serpent somewhere in the ride.....Maybe you will even have "A Scary Encounter" with it.

• Long live the Fire Lord

I read somewhere that Albert Brooks signed something giving Disney permission to use avoice impersonator for Marlin's voice. and that's the voice you hear in the video games and stuff. Maybe other people signed the same contract?
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• șoș Tom șoș

Ellen is a great sport, I betcha she does come on board, Albert Brooks too.

I was thinking on the way down they could do a really amazing homage to the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and show wreckages of the Natualius and a dive suit next to with the name Nemo on it and have Dory read "NNNNEEEEMMMMOOOO"

...To which Marlin could say
    "Where do you think my wife got the name?"

Last edited by ah schucks; 01-06-2006 at 01:56 PM.

• Huh?

The impersonation clause is probably standard for animation when they plan on using the character in several ways in case the original voice actor can't do it, such as budgets, schedule conflicts, or death. Jon Lovitz did it for The Critic (in fact, some episodes probably didn't have Jon Lovitz for half the episode), Eddie Murphy does it whenever he's too lazy to go into work... or, in the case of Mel Gibson, just send the brother to do the work. Aaliyah's brother did some of her voice work after she died, too, but I'm sure there was no contract for that signed.

As for Ellen, she's appeared in the park attractions before, so I'm sure she'd appear in it. She's mostly a TV talk show host anymore (unless that's been cancelled), so that's not really the most demanding work.

Everything I've heard of the pirates redo is pointing to yes regaurding the use of the original voice actors. However, a lot of that could be rumour.
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm pretty sure at least Johnny Depp would do Jack's voice on Pirates. From all of the Pirates of the Caribbean stuff that I've watched, he expressed a great fondness for the ride, so I don't think he'd do anything, in his opinion, to hurt it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I bet we will only need two voice actors and the ride will be like Snow Whites scary adventure in the fact that you will probably not see Dory and Merlin anywhere but in the queue line. On this ride you will probably only hear Dory & Merlin speak to you through the speakers. You might see him in the end scene where he and Dory would say...."Oh look there is Nemo, we have to go now but thanks for helping us look for him...." Then you would see Merling hugging Nemo and you would then unload.

• /sigh

Did Ellen do Dory's voice in Turtle Talk in DCA? I only saw it a couple times, but it didn't quite sound like Ellen.
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 01-06-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Artsy Fartsy

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I bet we will only need two voice actors and the ride will be like Snow Whites scary adventure in the fact that you will probably not see Dory and Merlin anywhere but in the queue line. On this ride you will probably only hear Dory & Merlin speak to you through the speakers. You might see him in the end scene where he and Dory would say...."Oh look there is Nemo, we have to go now but thanks for helping us look for him...." Then you would see Merling hugging Nemo and you would then unload.
    That would suck. I hope Disney gets their heads in order and does the right thing. This is an E ticket ride after all not some dark ride that they could pull that off with.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

I'm pretty sure the actors' voices can only be used if that use was specifically in their contract before, otherwise they would have to negotiate for more money for the new project. If the movie has been a big hit like Nemo or Pirates then the actors have leverage to ask for a lot more money to have their voice put in a theme park ride or video game, etc. At that point, it's cheaper to hire an impersonator at scale.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Sorry to get off topic but Cuzco what the heck happened to that cat????

Back on topic, I hope they get the original casts to do their character voices again

• Closed Account

Depp will probably do the Pirates voice as he has said Jack Sparrow is the most fun he's ever had and he expressed disappointment about stopping playing the character with the third movie.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I didnt know Dory was in Crush's Turtle Talk...with that and Ellens Energy Adventure...I would say she pretty much a lock for Finding Nemo... Also, I think she has a great fondess for the character...

I wonder if any voice work has been recorded yet (Im always thinking stupid things like that, I would see James Earl Jones on those Verizon commercials and think "I wonder if hes done the voice work for Darth Vader yet"
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• Banned User

Ellen is the voice for Dory. For a while a real live actress was used. At the request of me, (I talked to the imagineer who was in charge with the project) Ellen was used. I complained that the actress they were using didn't sound enough like Ellen. Wasn't too realistic.

(Do I really believe that I was the reason? Heck no. But I like to think I played a small part in the change. )

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I bet that they will probably hide that sea-serpent somewhere in the ride.....Maybe you will even have "A Scary Encounter" with it.
    I think "that" sea serpent was taken out and auctioned off. I know for a fact that some of the other original props were auctioned off because a few of our fellow MiceChatters have some of them.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast