Cool So Audio Animatronics...

Well I just love them. I wish there was just so many more of them and not limited to rides but just as park atmosphere as well. Their awesomeness gets me every time, though I hear they are really expensive and I'm sure they must be hard to construct. I just hope AA technology will keep improving and we'll be able to see many more in the near future.

So who else loves AA's? Any favorites?

Re: So Audio Animatronics...

I love the Animatronics in Radiator Springs Racers and The Little Mermaid. They take my breath away and make me smile every time
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    Well I just love them. I wish there was just so many more of them and not limited to rides but just as park atmosphere as well. Their awesomeness gets me every time, though I hear they are really expensive and I'm sure they must be hard to construct. I just hope AA technology will keep improving and we'll be able to see many more in the near future.

So who else loves AA's? Any favorites?
    you and me both my brother. If you get a chance get to WDW; there still some there that are not here (Carousel of Progress, Country Bears, Spaceship Earth, etc.) but they are going fast. One of my big regrets in life is that I missed some of the classic AA filled attractions at Epcot before they changed (Horizons, World of Motion, etc.).

Last edited by skoolpsyk; 08-24-2012 at 06:55 PM.

• ~

AA's have always fascinated me. They're so effective at bringing a character to life and dramatically enhancing the story of the ride. I would love to learn more about them and how they work.

Any AA is a friend of mine, but I do have a few favorites. I especially love newer AA's as they are becoming more and more sophisticated and believable.

I love the Ursula on TLM. The ride might be only mediocre, but that Ursula is fantastic. The fluidity of her movements, her impressive size, how she looks like she jumped right out of the film, she's definitely my favorite part of the ride. I always find myself straining for a final glance of her as the clam shell moves away from her and into the next scene of the show.

As much as I hate the addition of Jack Sparrow on POTC, I have to admit, the AA Jack bares a striking resemblence to his real-life counterpart. But that's the only positive thing I have to say about his presence on the ride.

I haven't been to Cars Land yet, but I saw Red at the D23 Expo last summer and he was pretty impressive and I'm looking forwad to seeing the other AA's on RSR.

Of course, I love all the birdies in the Tiki Room, and good ole' Honest Abe, for their history and importance in the development of AA's.

Another AA that I like is Ross on Monsters Inc. Another ride that I'm not fond of, but I like the interactive aspect of her and would love to see more AA's interact with the guests.

I love the wise-cracking droid in the queue for ST:TAC. He might not be very revolutionary or cutting-edge, but he makes me smile. I love it when the line stops when I'm right next to him so I can enjoy all his snarky remarks.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the dinosaurs on the train. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I don't know what it is about dinosaurs. I just love those giant lizzards. Totally my favorite part of the train ride.

Speaking of dinosaurs, the last one that I have to mention is Lucky the Dinosaur. Of course, I've never seen him in person, but just the idea of a free-roaming AA makes me tingle with excitement!

My fav. AA is at Spaceship Earth in Epcot. The blacknimatronic girl with the fro in the computer room. obsessed with her! She is my fav.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Love the audio-animatronics as well. Wish I could've seen Dr. Honeydew and Beaker before they went over to China.
    Oo-de-lally!