Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: A solo trip at Disneyland

i need to do a solo day soon. you guys seem so stoked to go by yourself pretty cool. i kinda went once but it was because none of my friends wanted to go to the ap preview for the cars merchandise. i was in the parking lot and out of the parking lot within an hour so i hustled. maybe ill take a solo run in october!

While I enjoy going with family and friends, I love going by myself. There is something so peaceful and relaxing about it. I especiallly love mornings in the off season, when there is no one there.. I just grab a cup of coffee and enjoy Main Street, nothing gets better than that.

I've enjoyed solo visits many times. I usually go for Gay Days (twice a year at Disneyland, annually at WDW). There's a special friendly camaraderie, then, so I often have conversations in lines with other red shirts. I've made some delightful friends, too, and like hanging with them in the afternoons. In the mornings while solo, though, there's a nice freedom to making my own plan, moving as quickly (or not) as suits me. At those times it really *can* be all about me! >;o)
    Michael
    San Francisco

Before DCA was built, I went by myself and had a wonderful time doing all the things I like to do like spending as much time in the stores as I wanted. Just riding the rides or not. I even took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour even though the cast member doing the tour seemed amazed I was by myself and kept asking me if I was REALLY by myself. You don't have to have an entourage or children to have fun in the park. And I got to eat when and where I wanted, even the bad stuff like churros. Highly recommended for all adults.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    Solo trips are also a great time to ride my fave attractions over and over again. Silly, yes, but lots of fun for me! I think my limit was 7 times on Haunted Mansion
    A person after my own heart!

I go on that quite a bit when I make solo trips

I went to the DLR about a month ago, before I started my ICP, I didn't go on every attraction because I felt I wouldn't enjoy it as much, but I spent so much time wandering the park and heading down every alley and lane to find some of the great hidden treasures of the parks.
    http://camsidsneyadventure.blogspot.com
    ICP - Character Performer August 2012-2013

i always go with the family and one day they all slept in and i woke up early. i went to thr park by myself with a cup of coffee and god the things you see when you take your time in great. the detail that goes into the park is great. i tried to be walt and look around and see how i can make it better for familys. the ideas in my head are great. what a great time and i am glad i did it.

I love going alone...i take in all the shops and eat what I want and take all the time in the world..*_*

---------- Post added 08-31-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

i like going by myself..i shop,eat ice cream, and take all the time I want. Single rider lines are great too! Next time I am going to try for my own boat!

• Disney Dreaming

I most always do the park by myself! I come from NYC at least once a year - not a big WDW fan - and I just love walking around at my own pace, doing whatever I want to do. I love taking pictures and can stand in the same spot, just shooting away till I'm satisfied I've finally gotten my shot! It is so much better when you don't have to worry about someone else's agenda, and you can see whatever you want, even if it's just meandering around Main Street looking at the windows. I loved Buena Vista Street and was just so happy to be hanging around there, watching everyone coming and going. I also did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on my own, and was fine about it. Most people are friendly, and I can always start up a conversation on line and not feel strange about waiting by myself. This time I did the Tiki Room twice in a row, not the most popular attraction, but it's the one I geek out on - I just love it! So, I can indulge myself, have a great time, never feel lonely, and just have a great time at my own pace. I recently did the parks with a friend and she barely even cracked a smile, so being on my own is a lot better, especially if you are not loving the same things I do.

After reading all of these inspiring posts, I've added going solo to Disneyland to my bucket list. I can never get enough of this park. I always enjoy visiting in the off-season so I don't have to fight crowds. Going solo would certainly be a new and great adventure. I love sauntering through the park, taking in all of the sights and chatting with the cast members to learn new bits of trivia. Disneyland truly is my happiest place on earth.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Welcome to the meandering club.

If anyone has any schemes.....eh,..... I mean ideas of how I can leave my wife at home and go to Disneyland by myself, please pass them on. I'm usually alone in the mornings in the parks anyway because I'm an early riser and she likes to sleep in. But 3 days or so in Disneyland by myself, I could really do it....along with my friends Karl Strauss and Trader Sam.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

My First Birthday Spent at Disneyland Resort (Warning: Many Sort-if-ish-Big Pictures)

Spent a whole Birthday at Disneyland alone, and it was awesome.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am planning a trip to the Florida parks in April. I will be staying off property. So my fellow traveler is my ride to the parks, as well as my companion. I hope that I haven't made a mistake after all my many solo trips to Disneyland.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123