Thumbs up Incredible Home and in park film footage from Vintage Disneyland!! 1950's and beyond

Hello Friends, I am copying this from my previous thread but cutting out most of the talking and getting straight to the links
    Please enjoy and add to the list!

9-1-2012- Fixed and Added Original Matterhorn footage with Walt Disney riding the original single Car Bob sled with the Shah of Iran and His wife! (Lots of great vintage footage in that link)

-added a 1970's Matterhorn Mountain single bobsled youtube video link.

7-15-2012- added Walkthrough of Monsanto house of the future link!!!! placed in the category "Rides videos and films including extinct attractions"

<<<<ALL VIDEOS ARE CATEGORIZED BY DATE BELOW Enjoy! Please add to the list!>>>>

Introduction:

Let's start with a short clip from Walt about Disneyland and quality: Walt Disney speaks about Disney Land - YouTube

Now let's hear Walt give his opening day speech: Disneyland Dedication - YouTube

Let's move onto a interesting 2 minute montage captured on 16mm film!! in 1956 by Jeff Altman's Grandfather to set a little of the tone. Disneyland 1956 16mm rare yellow train cars, Walt Disney and much more

Let's read some quotes from Mr. Walt Disney himself about Disneyland and why he created it and how Disneyland is the "Star" of a "Show"
    Walt Disney Quotes

Disneyland History film with Walt narrating (Behind the scenes of original land, construction,
    and explanations of ideas and lands!
    Construction History of Disneyland

DISNEYLAND OPENING DAY 1955 FULL ABC BROADCAST!!!!

Walt Disney talks about Disneyland and the Worlds Fair. Lots of discussion about Disneyland and behind the scenes. Walt talks about adding new animals to the Jungle Cruise and about opening Submarine Voyage. Walt talks about the Dinosaurs created for the Prehistoric show at the Worlds Fair.

Dianne Disney shows and talks to us about her father Walt's apartment above the Firehouse.

Of course there is much much more then this. I just wanted to start getting these items down. Please add to the list and share your special links or articles about the magic of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom (Disneyland)

Special home movie documentaries, MUST SEE

"Disney Land Dream" 1956-
    Dr. Robbins Barstow 1956 family trip to Disneyland. Narrated by Dr. Barstow in 1995 while he was in his mid 70's the Film has been entered in the National Film Registry in 2008.
    Dr. Barstow passed away in 2010 at the age of 91 but leaves behind this treasure of early Disneyland and California in the 1950's for his family and for the world to see.

Chris Zabriskie "Disneyland 1990"
    Break out the Kleenex, this is a VERY VERY powerful, beautiful and deeply touching and moving. Chris wrote the score and provided the narration. The original footage was shot During a trip to Disneyland in 1990 that Chris and his family took and video'd. Chris's sister has special needs and would watch the original family trip video over and over again all through her childhood.
    Special Awards: Vimeo weekend project Memories revisited: winner-

Home Movies and park film's from the decades.

1950's

Disneyland 4th Anniversary ABC special 1959

Home movies of Disneyland in the 1950's
    Disneyland 1957 Color Home Movies - YouTube Shot by Robert E. Lorey.

1957 Disneyland home 16mm footage:

And here is a a privately created video about Disneyland construction with historic footage and clips.
    Disneyland 1954 construction footage and photos!

1960's

Walt Disney Rides the original Matterhorn With the Shah of Iran and His Wife! Lots of INCREDIBLE MAtterhorn footage!

1960's Disneyland world of color clip, lots of great vintage shows and attraction footage

Louis Armstrong- Disneyland 1962 Mark Twain night Voyage

Tommorowland Terrace- Disneyland "Date Night" 1962

Vintage Disneyland barbershop quartet:

1966 home 8mm footage of Visit from a Foreign visitor! Great footage- (High quality 8mm transfer Video has Added soundtrack, modern music)

00:00 to 00:15 - Castle
    00:16 to 00:18 - Carousel
    00:19 to 00:23 - Skyway
    00:23 to 00:31 - Fantasyland crowds, Characters (Pig)
    00:31 to 00:34 - Matterhorn with skyway in foreground
    00:35:to 00:45- Dumbo various
    00:46 to 01:13 Skyway Fantasy land to tommorowland through Matterhorn Mountain, Great shots of lagoon, atopia and some panoramics.
    01:14 to 01:17 Space man in Tommorowland
    01:18 to 01:22 Model airplane flying in Tommorowland
    01:26 to 01:28 Rocket jets (On ground)
    01:29 to 01:47 Motor Boats- Ride view
    01:48 to 02:04 Small wold que
    02:05 to 02:08 Skyway bucket shots
    02:09 to 02:10 Story Book Land
    02:11 to 02:14 Chicken of the sea pirate ship sign, pan down.
    02:18 to 02:47 Castle, Marching band, Matterhorn exterior.
    02:47 to 03:09 Train on board footage, various shots of passing New Orleans square and river.
    03:10 to 03:23 Main street, Yellow covered vehicle, Omnibus, Driving down main street.
    03:24-to 03:39 Frontierland various,
    03:40 to 03:47 Pack mules
    03:47 to 03:54 Rivers of America (mark Twain/Canoe)
    03:55 to end Cascade Falls!

Gala Day at Disneyland film, 1960 (Walt introduces three new attractions, Matterhorn, Submarine Voyage and Matterhorn)

Tommorowland 1967: Tomorrowland 1967 (part 1) - YouTube

Home Movies of Disneyland - 1960's - YouTube Low quality transfer.

1970's

Disneyland Showtime 1970's Part 1 Kurt Russell, The Osmond Brothers and E.J. Peaker! Front entrance, Vintage Main Street, vehicles.

Disneyland Showtime 1970's Part 2 Vintage crowds, New Orleans Square Bachelors!, Tea Cups, vintage FantasyLand ,Indian Village dancing,

Disneyland Showtime 1970's Part 3 Barbershop Quarter, Singing around the park, Keel Boats, Skyway, Tommorowland Terrace, Fireworks.

Disneyland Showtime 1970's Part 4 Music concert in Tommorow land, plus at 7:30 minutes, behind the scenes at the building of Haunted mansion, inside the WED workshop!

Disneyland Showtime 1970's Part 5 Animatronics behind the scenes, Pirates characters, Haunted Mansion!!!! And more!

Home film footage shot by RegionsBeyonds Grandfather! Lots of great various shots of the Park and all her different Lands.

A day at Disneyland- Version 1: 8mm Film sold at the park in the 1970's

00:00 to 00:37 Fly over of the Entryway and footage outside the tunnels.
    00:38 to 01:25 Main Street 1970's, Shops, Vehicles, Characters along with aerial footage of Hub
    01:26:to 02:53 Fantasy Land Aerial footage and then attraction footage, including Skull Rock and Chicken of the sea pirate ship. Continuing to Small world.
    2:54 to 03:17 Early Monorail (Yellow with Dome) passing Matterhorn,
    3:18 to 03:40 Matterhorn single car! Ride footage
    03:43: to 03:55 Submarine Voyage and Lagoon footage
    03:56: to 04:19 People Mover on ride footage-
    04:20 to 04:20 Tommorowland Autopia Footage
    04:21 to 04:31 Flight to the moon footage!
    04:32 to 04:37 ROCKET JETS above People mover platform!
    04:38 to 05:25 Mark Twain, CASCADE PEAK!! Natures wonderland Mine ride footage!
    05:26 to 05:45 Adventure Land, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise
    05:55-to 06:03 New Orelans Square, Cafes.
    06:05 to 06:17 Pirates of the Caribbean
    06:18 to 06:39 Haunted Mansion on ride footage
    06:40 to 7:10 Bear Country and Bear Country Jamboree

A day at Disneyland Version 2 (1970's)

00:00 to 1:05 Front gate credits
    01:06 to 01:43 Main Street with voice over discussing "..quaint unique nostalgic shops"
    01:44 to Adventure Land, Jungle Cruise:
    02:14 to 02:20 Swiss Family Robinson Tree House
    02:21 to 02:36 Pirates of Caribbean
    02:37 to 02:48 New Orleans square, unique shops and eateries.
    02:49 to 03:00 Haunted Mansion
    03:01 to 03:21 Bear country, Mile long bar exterior, Steam train
    03:22 to 04:08 Sailing ship Columbia- Rivers of America, Cascade Peak.
    04:09 to 04:41 Golden Horse shoe Revue, Frontierland,
    04:42 to 05:47 Fantasy Land, Tea cups, Carosel, Dumbo, Snowhite, Mr. Toads (exterior) Peter Pan, Captain Hooks Pirate ship/Skull Rock, Story Book land and It's a Small World.
    05:48 to 06:10 Matterhorn (Two car)
    06:11 to 06:34 Tommorowland, Skyway, America Signs, Space Mountain.
    06:35 Disneyland Train- Main Street station.

A day at Disneyland version 3 8mm (With Subtitles)
    00: to 21 Arial Footage of front entry
    22- Mickey on Steam Train, Steam train footage on Grand Circle tour. On board train footage.
    01:28 Train passes through small world
    1:36 Train through Tommorowland
    1:43 Train returns to Main Street station.
    1:55 Mickey de boards train,
    2:05 Mickey walks through main street
    2:20 Mickey, Goofy and Donald walking around.
    2:30 Main Street U.S.A arial footage
    02:25 Adventure Land, Bazar, ]Jungle Cruise,
    03:15 Swiss Family Tree House
    03:26 Pirates of Caribbean original front entrance,
    03:38 New Orleans Square, Shops, Royal Street, Antiques one of a kind shop
    04:01 Haunted Mansion
    4:10 Bear Country
    04:20 Rivers of America, Columbia Sailing Ship.
    04:48 Frontierland, Golden Horseshoe and shooting gallery.
    05:05- Fantasy Land, Teacups, Dumbo, Skull Rock, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Storybook land,
    05:48 Skyway from Fantasyland, through Matterhorn to Tomorrow Land
    06:05 WED Way people mover
    06:12 Space Mountain
    06:22 Flag Retreat!

Disneyland in the 1980's
    Park produced:

Disneyland 1980 25th anniversary, Souvenir Film- Shot in 1979, released for the 25th anniversary of Disneyland. Lots of construction clips, behind the scenes, Vintage shows and attractions, and fun 70's music.

You must watch the video from the 1980's
    Disneyland in the 80s.. Part 1 - YouTube

Main Street 1980
    At the 1:35 mark you will see the "American Egg House" eatery on Main Street.
    1:57 Tobbacco Shop.
    2:25 Carnation Flower for sale
    2:43 Original Penny Arcade
    2:56 Live Glass Blowing

New Orleans Square
    6:18 One of a kind shop in New Orleans Square
    6:57 Making Glass cups.
    8:35 Haunted mansion graveyard scene (Before Scrim was added)

Bear Country
    8:45 Country Bear Jamboree
    10:08 Mile Long Bar
    10:57 Rivers of America, Water Falls
    11:14 Fort Wilderness Tom Sawyers Island

Part 2 Disneyland in the 80s.. Part 2 - YouTube

Part 2 3:52 Walt's Story about Disneyland
    5:30 footage of building the Park.
    7:00 Opening Ceremony Small world in the 1960's
    7:12 Original Autopia (Tommorowland)
    8:07 Skyway
    8:12 Submarine Voyage
    8:20 America Sings
    10:47 original Space mountain entryway,

1990's

A day at disneyland - 1991 full edition (video starts at 17 seconds)
    A Day At Disneyland Full Video( 1993-1994 version) - YouTube

-----------------
    Ride videos/films/links to articles: Including Extinct attractions

For a full overview of each attraction along with pictures and summary
    Visit the one, the only, the incredible Yesterland! Pictures and summaries of old Disneyland shops and attractions: Yesterland - Disneyland History & Other Disney Park History

Once your done reading everything on Yesterland, assuming the internet is still around by then Check out these incredible vintage on ride films and videos taken by guests over the years.

Adventures thru inner space: Disneyland

ADventure thru innerspace- Fan animated CG recreation:Adventure Through Inner Space Full Virtual Ride-thru - YouTube (Hat tip:ChristianAdams)

Haunted Mansion Hat Box Ghost 1966

People Mover: PeopleMover Ride - YouTube

Matterhorn Mountain opens ABC broadcast at Disneyland in the 50's- First climbers

Walt Disney Rides the original Matterhorn With the Shaw of Iran and His Wife! Lots of INCREDIBLE MAtterhorn footage!

Matterhorn Bobsleds 1970's Single Car vintage Disneyland ride film!!! With original attraction audio!!!!! Wow!

Mine Train thru natures wonderland: Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland - YouTube

Monsanto House of the future: part 1
    part 2

Tahitian Terrace:Tahitian Dance at Disneyland - YouTube

Submarine Voyage: Opening day: Walt Disney
    Submarine Voyage Dedication WITH MERMAIDS - YouTube

Submarine Voyage 1959 RIDE THRU!!!!! WOW!

Ride Thru:DISNEYLAND SUBMARINE VOYAGE RIDE April 1988 - YouTube

Swiss Family tree house: Swiss Family Robinson Tree House - YouTube

Star Tours (Original) Full film-

Tommorowland 1967: Tomorrowland 1967 (part 1) - YouTube

FLYING SAUCERS!!!!! Tommorowland

Walt Disney discusses Behind the Scenes of Enchanted Tiki Room! Backstage from original TikiRoom!!!!!!! Old control systems and description of operation.

Golden Horseshoe Revue: The Golden Horseshoe Revue (Part 1) - YouTube

Tom Sawyers Island: Fort Wilderness: Yesterland pictures and summary.
    Fort Wilderness at Yesterland

Celebrity Musicians playing at Disneyland in the 60's

In the days of old Disneyland used to host very very famous celebrity musicians at the Plaza Gardens and on the Mark Twain among other venues in the park.
    Disneyland stayed open till 2am and was a very popular place to take your Date.
    Relive the magic here (these were filmed for the Wonderful World of Disney program in 1962)

Louis Armstrong- Disneyland 1962 Mark Twain night Voyage
    Tommorowland
    Terrace- Disneyland "Date Night" 1962

Vintage Disneyland barbershop quartet:

Late 1980's or early 1990's Disney Channel videos that some Chatters really like:
    ---------
    Disney Sing along songs at the park Disney Sing Along Songs - Disneyland Fun (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube HatTip JerroDRagon
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-02-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Re: Incredible Home and in park film footage from Vintage Disneyland!! 1950's and bey

What an extensive collection! Thank you for re-posting and keeping this list!

Right now, I am on a clumsy kindle. But I work nights and tomorrow night I feel I'll be wasting a lot of time on these

• formerly very helpful

Re: Incredible Home and in park film footage from Vintage Disneyland!! 1950's and bey

That's an incredible supply of videos! It will take quite a while to work through all this.

• Indiana Scott

Those are wonderful!

• Seeker of Fun

Wow. This was amazing. Great post, thank you!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

This will take a few hours of well spent time.

Thanks gang, I am so glad you like these. Please feel free to post more links, I can edit and add them to the original post.

Thanks again!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Thanks gang, I am so glad you like these. Please feel free to post more links, I can edit and add them to the original post.

Thanks again!
    Nice job!!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Parking Lot > DCA

Thank you so much! Can't wait to watch all of these!

Great post. Spent too much time watching videos. Unfortunately, the Old Matterhorn video was removed from youtube. I would have liked to see that. I do remember when the matterhorn was hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    Great post. Spent too much time watching videos. Unfortunately, the Old Matterhorn video was removed from youtube. I would have liked to see that. I do remember when the matterhorn was hollow.
    Thanks! Sorry for the broken link. I fixed it. THere is now a awesome Video of Walt Disney riding the Matterhorn in 1962 with the Shah of Iran, Amazing footage.
    Also added a great link to the 1970's Matterhorn single bobsled Disneyland created film.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

This is so awesome. Thank you very much CAspace for all your time and effort. No big deal, but the Plaza Gardens- Disneyland "Date Night" 1962 footage is not Plaza Gardens. It's Tomorrowland. You can see the Monorail Station and the Skyway in the background. =)

You earn a +1 reputation from me sir, and a well deserved thank you. This is going in my bookmarks tab for sure.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Thanks gang for all the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    This is so awesome. Thank you very much CAspace for all your time and effort. No big deal, but the Plaza Gardens- Disneyland "Date Night" 1962 footage is not Plaza Gardens. It's Tomorrowland. You can see the Monorail Station and the Skyway in the background. =)
    Thanks so much!
    Good Catch! I will update the heading to Tommorowland Terrace!

Good eye!