Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Insomniac

Random Bugs land idea.

I've been doing homework all day and I'm pretty tired so bare with me. I had a random idea for what to do with a bug's land. A bug's land is small, and most people consider it a kiddie area. With Cars land becoming a major new addition to the park, a bug's land seems like an after thought. I had a random idea that a bug's land could make way for a much larger Hollywood/ aviation themed area. Condor Flats is supposedly being looked as an area to slowly become a part of grizzly peak, so expanding the aviation concept has merit. The remake of Rocketeer that is in the works would be the perfect tie between Hollywoodland and this new aviation themed area. Also with pixars Planes coming out, it would serve as a good barrier between Cars land/ Hollywoodland.

All the rides, except flik's flyers would be demolished. Flik's flyers would be reskinned to resemble a zeppelin ride with Art deco stylings that would blend well with ToT. The rest of the area would be rethemed to a 1940's Los Angeles airfield. An airstrip would run from FF, along the side of ToT to the back of the property (where the parking lot is now). This airstrip would have multiple hangers, air control towers, ect that housed shops, attractions and restaurants. The new area would include 2 new rides: a Planes kiddie coaster and a Rocketeer E-ticket using the pandora's box ride system. The area would also have room for Sarge's off road boot camp (aka autopia 2.0). A bug's life theater would be repurposed for one Man's dream. The show would have an entrance in CCT which would then be rerouted into the bug's life theater.

Anyways just a super random idea I had.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Random Bugs land idea.

I personally think it should be turned into a Northern California mining town set during the California Gold Rush (yes, Frontierland is kind of similar, but this could be done in a much different style) and set around one major E-Ticket in lieu of Pirates and Mansion, that E-Ticket being an animatronic-heavy, elaborate dark ride through the Gold Rush, taking many an influence from Western River Expedition. But, hey, that's just my two cents.

Good ideas though!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• the rum is always gone

I think A Bugs Land should be demolished. Yes, it can stay for now so that there is not empty space sitting there, but I think a better transition between Hollywood and Carsland could be created with a better themed land. I do like the idea of a California mining town, but I feel that could be better tied in with Grizzly Mountain (and can fit in the space were the Redwood Creek is).

That whole back corner of the park could be developed into a large land perhaps something along the line of exploration/technology/WWII. I like the idea of a Rocketeer based ride (perhaps that could be a B or C ticket). I think Disney could come up with with some great rides that incorporate some advanced technologies but set in the 1930s (much like the beloved stories of Rocketeer, Captain America are). However, I would oppose Marvel in DCA and would like Disney to come up with some original stories/rides to be included in the land. Something along the lines of Port Discovery at TDS, but not so much incorporated fantasy and more realism/revisionist history.

As for what to do with ITTBAB, I say demolish the building and put an outdoor "drive in theater" there, showing short 1930s films or even CarsToons that are done in the style of "Time Travel Mater". That way it helps create a smoother transition between the Carthay Circle Theater and Carsland.

• Senior Minion

I seem to spend most of my time on MiceChat pointing out to people that a large portion of the guests of DL are kids and that the likes of Bug's Land is both attractive and valuable to them and their parents.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The land is small...BUT thanks to the Bugs Theater there is a way to fit an E ticket in there (of course you'd also need to have it surface to make the ride over 4 mins long) but the space is there for one E ticket and a small land

i really dont see why people hate bugsland so much. I think the place looks great and the foliage in that small land has really created an awesome transition between TOT and Carsland.

The only problem i see is the location for the entrance of the bugsland theater. It is not visible to most guests walking thru the path. re-doing the entrance area would help that attraction quite a bit.

I also think that once the fastpass machines are not needed anymore that area along with a portion of the bugsland theater outside queue could be turned into a more productive piece of space

•   

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I personally think it should be turned into a Northern California mining town set during the California Gold Rush (yes, Frontierland is kind of similar, but this could be done in a much different style) and set around one major E-Ticket in lieu of Pirates and Mansion, that E-Ticket being an animatronic-heavy, elaborate dark ride through the Gold Rush, taking many an influence from Western River Expedition. But, hey, that's just my two cents.

Good ideas though!
    Whoa, hey, now THAT's a good idea. The mining town would be a good transition from the departure of the Hollywood area and into the desert of Radiator Springs. I would imagine it would be mill wheels, and water sluices with panning for gold type attractions but that's kind of dated. Still, the idea is solid and fits.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I seem to spend most of my time on MiceChat pointing out to people that a large portion of the guests of DL are kids and that the likes of Bug's Land is both attractive and valuable to them and their parents.
    Not to mention too small an area to do anything with any real impact.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I've been doing homework all day and I'm pretty tired so bare with me. I had a random idea for what to do with a bug's land. A bug's land is small, and most people consider it a kiddie area. With Cars land becoming a major new addition to the park, a bug's land seems like an after thought. I had a random idea that a bug's land could make way for a much larger Hollywood/ aviation themed area. Condor Flats is supposedly being looked as an area to slowly become a part of grizzly peak, so expanding the aviation concept has merit. The remake of Rocketeer that is in the works would be the perfect tie between Hollywoodland and this new aviation themed area. Also with pixars Planes coming out, it would serve as a good barrier between Cars land/ Hollywoodland.

All the rides, except flik's flyers would be demolished. Flik's flyers would be reskinned to resemble a zeppelin ride with Art deco stylings that would blend well with ToT. The rest of the area would be rethemed to a 1940's Los Angeles airfield. An airstrip would run from FF, along the side of ToT to the back of the property (where the parking lot is now). This airstrip would have multiple hangers, air control towers, ect that housed shops, attractions and restaurants. The new area would include 2 new rides: a Planes kiddie coaster and a Rocketeer E-ticket using the pandora's box ride system. The area would also have room for Sarge's off road boot camp (aka autopia 2.0). A bug's life theater would be repurposed for one Man's dream. The show would have an entrance in CCT which would then be rerouted into the bug's life theater.

Anyways just a super random idea I had.
    I think it is a GREAT idea Bronco. I would enjoy that.
    Stop by our website at http://disneylandblackoutdates.com to check
    your blackout dates, get up to date info about Disneyland, and to just say
    hi.

"I only hope
    that we never lose sight of one thing -- that it was all started by a
    mouse."
    - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    Not to mention too small an area to do anything with any real impact.
    Ohhh no the space is there...remember the theater underground is huge and could be more then enough area for a small ride....make it go above ground and you can a 7 min dark ride...if in a style of say Pirates boat system

You'd still have land for many nicely themed buildings in the land, it is a small space but if used right we could see the next Pirates ride over in DCA

Messing with RCCT or BL while Goofy's Sky School and the mess over in HL still stand is a bad idea.

Exactly.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Messing with RCCT or BL while Goofy's Sky School and the mess over in HL still stand is a bad idea.
    I think the plan is to replace Sky School first and also the old Mailboomer area....and heck even add one new attraction to Hollywood before even working on Bugsland..it's a good place holder but many of us see the potential of a more "everybody" attraction there then a whole lands for small children

• Dave

Blog Entries

I agree. It seems well liked by most and until carsland (Which I have yet to see) was the best themed land in the park. Also why through out the baby with the bath water. I really happen to like the area myself even if it does remind me a little of Gilroy Gardens. I think some smalll changes are all that are needed; such as turning Hymlich's train ride into an interactive dark ride or enclosed coaster going into the ant colony.
    In the end I am a little bias, A Bug's Life is my favorte Pixar Film followed by The Incredibles!
    Dave

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^see for me...i was never against the theme but as my Dad put it "you mean the train ride that goes no where, does nothing and is set at a speed of 2 miles and hour..I'll pass"

If the land was like Fantasyland and made for kids and adults I'd be good with it (i'd say Carsland does this well) but as is...just something I'd like to see go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast