Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Rank Fantasyland Dark Rides From Favorite to Least

Snow White's Scary Adventures is truly a masterpiece, if not the single-greatest Fantasyland dark ride of all time. Although the 1971 Snow White's Adventures of WDW was by far the greatest, the DL original (and 1983) version will always prevail as the best. It's a perfect collaboration of suspense, horror, the macabre, and storybook charm. I highly recommend looking up footage of the 1971 WDW SWA. It's terrifyingly bizarre.

1. Snow White's Scary Adventures
    2. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    3. Peter Pan's Flight
    4. Alice in Wonderland
    5. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• formerly very helpful

1. Peter Pan
    2. Pinocchio
    3. Mr. Toad
    4. Alice In Wonderland
    5. Snow White

Ariel isn't in Fantasyland, but if it was, it would be number 2

• Bring back the Keelboats!

1. Peter Pan
    2. Mr. Toad
    3. Alice/Snow White
    4. Pinocchio

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Supertank View Post
    Mine:
    1. Mr Toads
    2. Alice in Wonderland
    3. Peter Pan
    4. Snow White
    5. Pinnochio
    This is my list exactly!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

1. Peter Pan's Flight
    2. Alice in Wonderland
    3. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    4. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    5. Snow White's Scary Adventures

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

Mr. toad
    Peter Pan
    Pinocchio
    Alice in Wonderland
    Snow White

• Dive ..... Dive.....

1. Snow White Scary Adventures
    2. Alice in Wonderland
    3. Peter Pan
    4. Mr. Toad
    5. Pinocchio

---------- Post added 09-02-2012 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Snow White's Scary Adventures is truly a masterpiece, if not the single-greatest Fantasyland dark ride of all time. Although the 1971 Snow White's Adventures of WDW was by far the greatest, the DL original (and 1983) version will always prevail as the best. It's a perfect collaboration of suspense, horror, the macabre, and storybook charm. I highly recommend looking up footage of the 1971 WDW SWA. It's terrifyingly bizarre.
    Couldn't agree more.

• I'm a Lutheran

Finally, a fellow Scary Adventurer! For all of your enjoyment and education, here is a rather gritty but extremely awesome video of the 1971 Snow White's Adventures, the very incarnation of the dark ride in which inspired much of the 1983 Snow White's Scary Adventures (Tony Baxter played a great part in its installation in Florida). Before 1983 and a massive amount of inspiration from 1971, DL's Snow White and Her Adventures was a truly bizarre sight. None of the classic elements we know now were there. The Queen did not face the mirror then rapidly turn around to reveal the Witch. Instead a rather crude Witch figurine and a talking skeleton took her place. A falling gate almost crushed riders, and there was no happy ending in sight. A rather well-known mistake in the 1955 original was a sign pointing towards the Queen's Castle reading "Witch's Cottage." Oops.

Here is a video of the 1971 classic. Enjoy the horror.

Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

Too difficult. It's like choosing your favorite child. I always liked the take off on Peter Pan and the flight over London. Snow White...well, it's a classic and has a dark tone to it that is suspenseful. Pinocchio is colorful and has some neat effects. Alice is wacky and falling down the rabbit hole while emerging out on the vine was always unique. Toad....well, it's Toad. A classic, and one of my faves as a kid. Each has its own unique qualities and styles.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Finally, a fellow Scary Adventurer! For all of your enjoyment and education, here is a rather gritty but extremely awesome video of the 1971 Snow White's Adventures, the very incarnation of the dark ride in which inspired much of the 1983 Snow White's Scary Adventures (Tony Baxter played a great part in its installation in Florida). Before 1983 and a massive amount of inspiration from 1971, DL's Snow White and Her Adventures was a truly bizarre sight. None of the classic elements we know now were there. The Queen did not face the mirror then rapidly turn around to reveal the Witch. Instead a rather crude Witch figurine and a talking skeleton took her place. A falling gate almost crushed riders, and there was no happy ending in sight. A rather well-known mistake in the 1955 original was a sign pointing towards the Queen's Castle reading "Witch's Cottage." Oops.

Here is a video of the 1971 classic. Enjoy the horror.

Holy cow I didn't realize it was that horrifying!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Disneyland History Lover

Good thread topic.

1. Peter Pan's Flight
    2. Snow White's Scary Adventures
    3. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    4. Alice In Wonderland
    5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

The usual suspects...

1) Peter Pan's Flight (you are in the air!)
    2) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (insane ride to hell)
    3) Alice In Wonderland (nice touch - you go up, down, and outside a bit)
    4) Snow White (less Snow - more dwarfs)
    5) Pinocchio (nice song but ZZZzzzzz...)

Here is my twist, if they would have put Pooh where it belongs (with this group), I would have made Winnie the Pooh #2 - great color.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Mine are:

Alice in Wonderland
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• I'm a Lutheran

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Holy cow I didn't realize it was that horrifying!
    Indeed. Other elements that made the ride truly terrifying (that aren't really seen in the video) was the lack of Snow White making an appearance, the wicked transformation of the Queen, the falling laboratory shelf, the Witch on the boat, the moving trees, the lack of music, the rather macabre sequence in the Dwarfs' Cottage where the stair-climbing dwarfs examined an evil spirit lurking in their bedroom, the Witch making several surprise appearances in the subsequent forest, and the intense chase through the diamond mines where the Witch made attempts on riders' LIVES, one of the most notable being the pushing of a jewel-filled mine car towards guests. The most memorable portion of the ride would naturally be the Witch murdering riders by dropping a giant gem on their heads while shrieking "GOODBYE, DEARY!" Alas, we'll never see a Disney dark ride like this again.

It's safe to say that Tokyo and California boast the best of the Snow White attractions. Come the early 90's, WDW's Snow White went into a refurbishment to rid of the bizarre fright fest and turn it into a more charming tale featuring a happy ending, more appearances by Snow White, and three scenes with the dwarfs rather than one. DL as we know boasts a nonstop thrill ride with countless appearances by the Witch, the best elements of the 1971 WDW attraction (although the Witch's attempts at murder would be the best in my opinion), and a somewhat suspenseful ending which leaves one wondering whether or not a happy ending ensued or not. Tokyo does likewise but retains many of the elements of the 1971 Snow White, including a lack of music in the haunted forest, the ride starting directly in the castle, and an ominous finale.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being killed off in a Fantasyland attraction aside from Mr. Toad.

1. Peter Pan
    2. Mr. Toad
    3. Alice
    4. Snow White
    5. Pinocchio

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast