• HYDRA

Re: Oh-ver-rated! *clap* *clap* "clap-clap-clap*

^yes i agree
    buzz and nemo
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Done with MC.

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    For me, it is every single parade ever. They are boring and get in the way.

Wife says I'm a party pooper..

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Hands down...Space Mountain. Always thought this was the most overly praised and overrated attraction between the two parks. To me, it comes off as so minimal and almost hokey. The music is enjoyable but other than that, I can't find too much I like about the attraction. Just my feelings and I know I'm obviously in the minority.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post

Wife says I'm a party pooper..
    My wife and I are like-minded when it comes to parades.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Hands down...Space Mountain. Always thought this was the most overly praised and overrated attraction between the two parks. To me, it comes off as so minimal and almost hokey. The music is enjoyable but other than that, I can't find too much I like about the attraction. Just my feelings and I know I'm obviously in the minority.
    It looks like there's at least 2 of us in the minority. I used to love Space Mountain. But now that they have changed it I don't like it any more. I really miss the glowing red orb and the "chocolate chip cookie" flying through the "sky". Why they decided to take all of this out and replace it with nothing but stars, I can only guess.

"I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Seeker of Fun

So let me ask the question: Not that I disagree with some of the posts, but if you don't like a half a dozen attractions, why is Disneyland so special?

(I know it is..just want to ask the question..is everyone a captivated audience, myself included?)
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    So let me ask the question: Not that I disagree with some of the posts, but if you don't like a half a dozen attractions, why is Disneyland so special?

(I know it is..just want to ask the question..is everyone a captivated audience, myself included?)
    I agree with you, I feel like some people's list are:
    Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn, Pirates, Peter Pan, Mark Twain, all the parades, the fireworks, the castle, Small World, etc.

But Haunted Mansion is OK.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• The doctor is in

I think Disney Parks are more environment and atmosphere than anything else. Even if you only love a couple select rides and the rest are just alright you still manage to have an awesome day.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Buzz isn't overrated. It just isn't good at all.

I'm not sure one can consider Buzz *over* rated, since not many rate it to begin with.

I'm with the Soarin voters though. The popularity of this ride baffles me greatly.

I saw a little hate for Peter Pan. This I don't get either. I know it's short, but every time I ride I feel like I just got baptized in Disney Magic.

My vote for a Disneyland attraction would have to go to Star Tours. Mostly though because it makes me nauseated. If it didn't , I might like it more. And I'm a huge Star Wars geek too, so this makes me very sad.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Easily, for me it's Haunted Mansion Holiday (which I'm pretty shocked no one has mentioned yet)...

I really liked it when they were changing it up every year, but for a good long while now aside from the Gingerbread house it's almost the same exact attraction, stays an ungodly long amount of time and the graveyard scene is absolutely ruined in every way. Too bright, too cheap looking.

It wouldn't be so bad if the line wasn't so absurdly long, as everybody and the mothers just eats this thing up, but I don't see it anymore. Yet I know people enjoy the hell out of it so more power to them!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I'd say it's a love hate thing...either you love it or hate HHM as an APer....I love it since I see the normal mansion over 6 times a years and it did get a few small additions 2 years ago but yeah....I do wish they would add more to it each year to make it feel more "unique"

The Little Mermaid: too lame
    Its a Small World: too annoying
    Tiki Room: too fowl
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post

I don't hate any rides (apart from JJ and heimlich's snooze snooze train). I just feel that some rides are not as wonderful as popular opinion says they are.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    I saw a little hate for Peter Pan. This I don't get either. I know it's short, but every time I ride I feel like I just got baptized in Disney Magic.
    Spot on.
    I can't agree with you about Soarin' (I think it's swell), but you nailed exactly how I feel about Peter Pan. The queue is TORTURE, but once I'm flyin' over London...I'm a gonner..."baptized in Disney Magic" indeed!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast