Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mark VII

• Banned User

The Mark VII

Ok we know the Monorail is going to get new Trains in 2007 but does anyone have a picture of the Drawing of the Mark VII as Al has only provided a description. Anyone want to draw what they think they will look like.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: The Mark VII

Where did Al post a description? Are they going to have a bubble top as in the Tomorrowland 98 drawings?

I am really excited about the new trains. I like the current design but I think it is time for a change. A lot of great things are going to be happening in the next couple of years.

Does the name, "Disneyland Resort Line", make any sense? .... unless Disney thinks that there may be another line in the future?

• Banned User

Ahem... it's borrowing the name from Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Ahem... it's borrowing the name from Tokyo.
    I considered that possibility, too. Disney is so devoid of imagination anymore that the company seems to plagiarize itself all the time. But, I wonder, though, if Disney has something more in mind. "Line" suggests that there is more than one, and I know that Disney was postponing building new trains until it could decide on a master plan for the way that the monorail might be used in any future expansion.

• Banned User

Does anyone have drawings of what they are going to look like or of what they think they might look like?I also think the name change is stupid because i like the name Disneyland monorail More(in my opinion so nobody throes tomatoes at me.)

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    Does anyone have drawings of what they are going to look like or of what they think they might look like?I also think the name change is stupid because i like the name Disneyland monorail More(in my opinion so nobody throes tomatoes at me.)
    No, you're definitely right.

The Disneyland monorail is famous, and the word, "monorail", is so associated with the system that I don't understand the reason Disney would change the name of the service without including that word.

The word, "monorail", is vitally important to marketing the hotels.

• The one, the only...

I agree. Dropping the name "monorail" seems stupid. The name gave it class. Who want to ride the "resort line?" How unimaginative! Old trains would be given wonderful names like "orient express" or "golden Zephyr." Monorail still holds the aura of new and exciting. People at WDW love riding the Monorail. Disneyland also has the history of being the first daily operating Monorail in the world. Why would you want to rename it? (except if you are an over-paid marketing person who want to justify your salary!)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

^ I agree. Dropping "Monorail" from the name of the attractoin doesnt make sense. The Disneyland Resort Line sounds too sterile... too ...ugh.

The only way I would consider supporting this name change is if they added a Monorail station inside DCA. Then it would truly be Resort transportation. Right now, you only have 2/3 of the major parts of the Resort.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    The only way I would consider supporting this name change is if they added a Monorail station inside DCA. Then it would truly be Resort transportation. Right now, you only have 2/3 of the major parts of the Resort.
    I suggested in this recent thread that instead of rebuilding Tomorrowland Station, Disneyland should build a new station in the Main Entry Plaza between the two parks: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17032.

One can get to Central Plaza from the entrance of Disneyland by taking the Main Street Vehicles. Guests can also reach points West, North, and East in Disneyland from the entrance by taking the Disneyland Railroad. So, guests should be able to transfer to one of these two systems to reach Tomorrowland, instead of by taking the monorail directly. In that way, the monorail can be reconfigured to connect the hotels to both theme parks.

The monorail is very important to the marketing of the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel. If Disney builds more hotels on the West side of Disneyland Drive, the service will become even more valuable.

• Having a Grand Day!

I'm not very happy about loosing my dear Leer Jets for a set of Bubble Topped Cadilacs on beamway. There's something appealing about a sleek, streamlined white train rather than a bright red, over rivited, bubbled top outdated monster with Tail Fins.

The drivers hated the bubbles anyway - they heated up quite quickly.

If I was in charge, I'd work to bring the trains in line with the Mark VI, my favorite train type.

Last edited by drnilescrane; 01-06-2006 at 11:54 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I suggested in this recent thread that instead of rebuilding Tomorrowland Station, Disneyland should build a new station in the Main Entry Plaza between the two parks: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17032.

One can get to Central Plaza from the entrance of Disneyland by taking the Main Street Vehicles. Guests can also reach points West, North, and East in Disneyland from the entrance by taking the Disneyland Railroad. So, guests should be able to transfer to one of these two systems to reach Tomorrowland, instead of by taking the monorail directly. In that way, the monorail can be reconfigured to connect the hotels to both theme parks.

The monorail is very important to the marketing of the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel. If Disney builds more hotels on the West side of Disneyland Drive, the service will become even more valuable.

I'd prefer if they just added a station inside DCA. I think the Monorail is a valuable asset to Tomorrowland and having a station inside the park is really a wonderful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    I'm not very happy about loosing my dear Leer Jets for a set of Bubble Topped Cadilacs on beamway. There's something appealing about a sleek, streamlined white train rather than a bright red, over rivited, bubbled top outdated monster with Tail Fins.

The drivers hated the bubbles anyway - they heated up quite quickly.

If I was in charge, I'd work to bring the trains in line with the Mark VI, my favorite train type.

Meh. I don't find anything about the current monorail trains to be "sleek" ... their appearance is dated, theyre rickety, and bulky. I'd prefer the "retro-future" style the new ones are going after before the current style anyday.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

The problem is that there can only be two stations with the existing length of guideway that the system has.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast