Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

premium annual passport for Disneyland

Haven't been to Disneyland in about 7 years. I don't live in the LA area, but a few hours away (still in SoCal). I am in the LA area most weekends. Was wondering if it is worth it to pick up a premium annual passport so I can stop in at Disney for a few hours, whenever I am up in the LA area?

Problem is, most of my friends are not really into Disney, so I would probably be the only one going. Is it weird to be going to Disneyland alone???

I know that for SoCal residents, we can have the payment plan (with $64 down payment). When do they start charging you for the monthly payment, after you pay the $64 down payment?

• Team Hail HYDRA

Re: premium annual passport for Disneyland

welcome welcome welcome to the MiceChat family
    it is fine to go to disneyland by yourself
    you can do single rider

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Might want to get a lower pass first and if you like going upgrade (and yes you get add parking on ANY of the lower passes)

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by guineapiggie View Post
    Haven't been to Disneyland in about 7 years. I don't live in the LA area, but a few hours away (still in SoCal). I am in the LA area most weekends. Was wondering if it is worth it to pick up a premium annual passport so I can stop in at Disney for a few hours, whenever I am up in the LA area?

Problem is, most of my friends are not really into Disney, so I would probably be the only one going. Is it weird to be going to Disneyland alone???

I know that for SoCal residents, we can have the payment plan (with $64 down payment). When do they start charging you for the monthly payment, after you pay the $64 down payment?
    The down payment is 81 dollars, not 64. The down payment is the the same as the cost of a one day one park ticket.

They charge you for your first monthly payment within a couple days so you will have your down payment of 84 plus the first monthly payment within the same week.

I'd say check the blockout calendar for the deluxe first, and see if you think you'll be in the area on non-blockout days. If you aren't (or just want more freedom) then get the premium.

Going to disneyland alone is fun, but not for everyone. If you like doing things on your own then its no problem. But if you need be in company, then yea it will be weird for you. I'm fine going alone, and it definately has it's advantages (see what you want, single rider, etc).

Hope this helps.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

go for it.

once you have your card you see things a little differently. you don't feel like you have to do everything and see everything each visit. you can take you time and explore. it is nice being able to spend a few hours or half a day at the park and not feel bad about wasting the rest of the time if you were there on a one or two day ticket.

going solo depends on the person, if you are ok spending time on your own Disneyland is a great place to do it.

like others have said, which one you get depends on when you want to visit and the blockout days.

Thanks for the input.

I don't mind doing stuff by myself. I tend to be a loner and love traveling alone. Just never been to an amusement park by myself. Although, I have hung out and shopped at Downtown Disney by myself and enjoyed it.

Also, thanks for letting me know that they take out the monthly payment very quickly after the down payment. I will keep that in mind.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I just purchased a Deluxe Annual Pass with the monthly payment option. It was $87 down payment with the monthly at $31.47 (or there about). I think it's a great option for me as I'm down at the park at least twice a year and during the times when there aren't many black out days (if any at all).

Very excited to have an AP again as it's well worth the money!

Enjoy The Park solo. Use the single rider lines, wander about at your own pace and soak up all the little details you may miss when with a group of friends.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

One other question, "does your annual pass start from date of purchase" or from beginning of year?

• MaliBOOMer

One other question, "does your annual pass start from date of purchase" or from beginning of year?
    Purchase date
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I just spent two days there by myself and I had a wonderful time. I don't see anything wrong with going by yourself. Have fun!!!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I go on a weekly basis on my own , usually in the morning for a few hours. I enjoy trips with my girlfriend and family but I love the me time too
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

If you purchase your pass online, you have until I believe 12-31-13 to activate your pass (enter one of Disneyland Resort Parks). Once you activate your pass, your pass will be valid 365 days from your activation date.

Also, if you do the monthly payment option, the down payment is $87 + first months payment and the rest of the balance will be spread out over 11 months. So for a premium pass it would be an upfront fee of $133.84 with a $515.16 remaining balance.

the annual pass starts the day you first use it for entry not the day you buy it.

also, if you get one with blackout dates, your first day can be a blackout day if that helps in deciding which one to get.

• Not on the Jedi Council

I am occasionally with friends, but I usually go alone also. It's a different feeling, because you have the freedom to skip ride X if the lines are too long and not feel like you are losing out or something. You also know that one item in the store will probably be there tomorrow, so you don't feel like you have to get it today, and the food discounts help also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast