Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16

    • Queen Elsa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,813

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    I have and yes one of the Mad Hatter's also sings with the Dapper Dan's when he isn't the Mad Hatter and one of the March Hare plays in the 80's All Star Band. My mom can tell if singers Lip Synching she hate Lip Synch singers. And beside our family friend that we know is also a singer and he use to be part of the band Instant Replay so he would no as well cause he was ask to be part of the Mad T Party to but he told them that he couldn't cause of time reasons.

  2. #17

    • Production Designer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    925

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    The music is pre-recorded. Some are actually playing, but it's on top of the pre-recoded music. I believe the keyboard player isn't really playing though because I saw him stop to fix something and the keyboard music kept going.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    My friends saw right away she was...they were like wait....her lips aren't moving at the same pace.

    Which leads me to ask...then why not just use the Original sounds..rather then the worst re-recorded songs?
    With originals come royalties with cover comes a free bad performance!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    339

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My partner is trying to get into the music industry, and basically any performance you see Disney or not where the singers are singing and dancing at the same time the singing is lip synched.

    In the case with Disney though even if they aren't dancing I wouldn't be surprised if it is lip synched because Disney wants consistency, and lip synching would eliminate any poor performances that might occasionally happen.
    I don't know that it's so much a consistency thing, as there are a lot of live performers in the parks where you're hearing their actual voices, as others have pointed out. Aren't you hearing live voices in the Alladin show? I would think that the little nuances that each performer brings would be a reason to not have them pre-recorded. Having them lipsync probably does mean that there's going to be a difference as to what they have to pay them, and that might have been an issue when deciding how to present the show.
    Anyway, I don't see why the original poster was thinking that they were going to be hated just for noticing that Alice is doing a "Milly Vanilly" thing.

  5. #20

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,679

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Wait Billy Hill and Hillbillies are lip synching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was referring mostly to pop. Other genres generally don't do this. Although I do remember hearing a story that one of the orchewstral classical pieces played during President Obama's inauguration was "instrument synched" because it was so cold that day that the instruments would have been grossly out of tune had they been allowed to play live.

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    This is very inaccurate.
    Would you care to educate me, please?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    I don't know that it's so much a consistency thing, as there are a lot of live performers in the parks where you're hearing their actual voices, as others have pointed out. Aren't you hearing live voices in the Alladin show? I would think that the little nuances that each performer brings would be a reason to not have them pre-recorded. Having them lipsync probably does mean that there's going to be a difference as to what they have to pay them, and that might have been an issue when deciding how to present the show.
    Anyway, I don't see why the original poster was thinking that they were going to be hated just for noticing that Alice is doing a "Milly Vanilly" thing.
    Perhaps consistency was the wrong choice of word. I do know that Disney likes to control all aspects of the show as much as possible. For example I have a friend who applied to be a Santa Claus during the holiday season. He had a real beard and used to be a Santa Claus at South Coast Plaza -- a major venue for a mall Santa Claus. Disney turned him down because of the real beard, stating that they want their Santa Clauses to all have a fake beard and therefore a consistent look. (Did I just write consistent?)

    I am sure that the T Party show is similar. I am not accusing every show to be lip synched, because the performers don't move around quite as much as a performer such as Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga. But in those instances where they would be out of breath or have difficulty staying in tune, a back up track is not that unheard of.

  6. #21

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lo Cal
    Posts
    158

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Perhaps what you are noticing is not lip synching, but evidence of that vile, nasty, evil software program called Autotune. Is Alice is being sloppy, Autotune is fixing it for her on the fly. An Alice with good pitch & strong voice, hitting her notes, wouldn't trigger the program, but go off a bit & it will kick right in. A trained ear will be able to pick up the modulation easily. It isn't that hard to notice. Unfortunately a lot, if not all, of today's music is processed with software such as this.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    As has been previously mentioned, all live-singing at Disneyland is in fact live. No lip-synching.

  8. #23

    • hogwarts + disneyland = ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    pigfarts
    Posts
    605

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    either way, the music is bad. i very rarely venture to that area of the park at night ever since mad hatter moved in.

    flower gleam & glow...

  9. #24

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sacramento, ca
    Posts
    279

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    as long as you tell me aladdin is sung live lol

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    61

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    So I been frequenting Mad T- Party forthe last few weeks or so...
    And herein lies the crux of the issue. I don't think Disney intended 'Mad T-Party' to be viewed an excessive amount of times by the same person. I believe Disney is thinking that the average guest will see 'Mad T-Party' once or twice and that's it. As a result, the magic stays magical and doesn't become mundane and obvious.

    This reminds me of the time I visited Knott's Berry Farm way back in the 1980s as a naive fifteen year old. There was a hypnotist performing and I went to see him. The show was exciting, it was exhilirating and it left me wanting more so i promptly stood in line to get front row seats for the next showing. As the show progressed and it was time for audience participation I noticed the hypnotist selected the same people from the crowd that were selected in the previous show. I was confused, I was a little hurt and most of all I was angry.

    The point of my story and yours as well, is that sometimes, we're not supposed to see the 'Man Behind the Curtain'. In fact, it's better if we don't because it's preserves the magic and keeps us starry eyed. Shakespeare asked the question "Can one desire too much of a good thing?" and the answer is a resounding yes.

  11. #26

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
    And herein lies the crux of the issue. I don't think Disney intended 'Mad T-Party' to be viewed an excessive amount of times by the same person. I believe Disney is thinking that the average guest will see 'Mad T-Party' once or twice and that's it. As a result, the magic stays magical and doesn't become mundane and obvious.

    This reminds me of the time I visited Knott's Berry Farm way back in the 1980s as a naive fifteen year old. There was a hypnotist performing and I went to see him. The show was exciting, it was exhilirating and it left me wanting more so i promptly stood in line to get front row seats for the next showing. As the show progressed and it was time for audience participation I noticed the hypnotist selected the same people from the crowd that were selected in the previous show. I was confused, I was a little hurt and most of all I was angry.

    The point of my story and yours as well, is that sometimes, we're not supposed to see the 'Man Behind the Curtain'. In fact, it's better if we don't because it's preserves the magic and keeps us starry eyed. Shakespeare asked the question "Can one desire too much of a good thing?" and the answer is a resounding yes.
    This doesn't make sense... Disney had over 1 million AP's (mostly local) who come frequently. They knew the fan base for these parties would be more towards locals/ AP's and therefore would be viewed semi-frequently. DLR has enough of its consumer base that visits frequently that they designed an entire attraction reboot around them returning multiple times a year (Star Tours: The Adventure Continues). Mad T Party was designed to be a party atmosphere (where merch and booze could be sold to AP's) that would give more SoCal teens/ young adults a reason to visit the resort. Also I've heard that Mad T Party may be here for up to 3-4 years so if a guest visits once every 2 years they have already reached the limit, you say, Disney thought people would attend MTP. The problem with Mad T Party is not that people visit often, it is that the entertainment just isn't as good as it should be. WhoRU is fun once (but kinda creepy IMO), the band sucks, the DJ has a worse venue than they did for ElecTRONica, and the Mad Arcade is a chuck-e-cheese want to be. How do they honestly expect this to last longer than ElecTRONica?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  12. #27

    • some assembly required
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    nowhere in particular...
    Posts
    687

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    This doesn't make sense... Disney had over 1 million AP's (mostly local) who come frequently. They knew the fan base for these parties would be more towards locals/ AP's and therefore would be viewed semi-frequently. DLR has enough of its consumer base that visits frequently that they designed an entire attraction reboot around them returning multiple times a year (Star Tours: The Adventure Continues). Mad T Party was designed to be a party atmosphere (where merch and booze could be sold to AP's) that would give more SoCal teens/ young adults a reason to visit the resort. Also I've heard that Mad T Party may be here for up to 3-4 years so if a guest visits once every 2 years they have already reached the limit, you say, Disney thought people would attend MTP. The problem with Mad T Party is not that people visit often, it is that the entertainment just isn't as good as it should be. WhoRU is fun once (but kinda creepy IMO), the band sucks, the DJ has a worse venue than they did for ElecTRONica, and the Mad Arcade is a chuck-e-cheese want to be. How do they honestly expect this to last longer than ElecTRONica?
    While I agree that it was designed w/ locals in mind, where did you hear that it was to stick around longer than two summers? Just curious b/c I heard that in June 2014, we will def have another "party".
    ~Jay

    "Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)


  13. #28

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    I'm pretty sure it's live cause they were doing soundcheck during afternoon while I was there.

    I don't think it would be needed if it's not live

  14. #29

    • Queen Elsa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,813

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    The other night my mom when back to it and she also hear that the Mad T is sopost to be there for at less 4 years.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110

    Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

    Well unless I know nothing about guitars, the guitar players DEFINITELY not really playing. I'm not so sure about the lip-syncing, but if disneylandfan95 says it's live, there you have it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Does anyone know what happened on the Mad Tea Party?
    By SydneyMouse in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
  2. [Question] Mad Tea Party Spinning Speed
    By SS77 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
  3. [Question] 2007 Pirate and Princess Party Question
    By jmg4194 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
  4. I know FOR SURE that I sound VERY stupid asking this, but..
    By WDWGirl in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 04:59 PM
  5. I know I'm going to get blasted for this question!
    By spunkymonkey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •