Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sock Puppet

Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    The music is pre-recorded. Some are actually playing, but it's on top of the pre-recoded music. I believe the keyboard player isn't really playing though because I saw him stop to fix something and the keyboard music kept going.
    that's funny... yep that would give me the idea that they aren't really playing..
    Quote Originally Posted by logicspeaks View Post
    Well unless I know nothing about guitars, the guitar players DEFINITELY not really playing. I'm not so sure about the lip-syncing, but if disneylandfan95 says it's live, there you have it.
    i've seen note fumbles, i watch very closely...well i still believe only half the show is live now.. an the 80'z allstars again is not a disney owned band they are just hired by disney, it's different then the mad t party band which are cast members of the disneyland resort and the music is pre-recorded like a click track i am sure

• Nor Cal AP'er

Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

So how long is the Mad T Party scheduled for it's stay?
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grin Without a Cat View Post
    I don't think they are lip-synching. I've been to the show numerous times, and have even watched most of the videos posted on youtube. There are numerous differences between the singers voices from show to show. Dynamics are different, vocal ranges are different, cadence is occasionally different. Is it perhaps possible that they have a sync track to use in case of emergency? Like if a performer is sick and they just can't cover the spot that night? I am just guessing, but that could explain what you saw.
    This. ^ For one thing, in a small venue like this where the crowd is right up next to the stage...why go through the trouble of lip syncing? If you've got talented players and singers and a good sound tech, lip syncing is just a waste of time and talent. I'd say there was a 99 percent chance that the T Party band and the Tomorrowland bands are performing live. You can EASILY tell that the instruments are live and even if there WERE some bizarre way for them to lip-sync, you have the thorny issue of having at least TWO distinctly different Alices and Hatters, if not three. You're going to tell me that they recorded two distinctly different Alice voices? Why on earth would they do that?

The only reasons to lip-sync would be:

a) Your singers suck, so you'll need to record someone else to make them appear to sound better.

b) The acoustics suck and your band and vocals will probably sound bad no matter what, i.e. the Super Bowl.

c) You're singing live into a television feed and your overall performance will sound suckish if it's not mixed properly before you send it out.

d) The singers are dancing and can't support well or give enough power. As no one is really dancing in this show, it really isn't an issue here.

A company like Disney is perfectly capable of finding singers who can blow the roof off of that place, and these Hatter Band kids can SING. They don't NEED lip-syncing, so why go there?

As for around the parks....
    Parades? yes.
    Princess shows where everyone is dancing? yes.
    Mickey and his hip hop friends? yes.
    Non solo backgrounds in Aladdin? Yes.
    Voices of Liberty? NO.
    Dapper Dans? NO. (Although some people on here actually tried to back that up, LOL.)

Hatter Band? NO.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.

To quote Sheldon Cooper "You know how I now we're not in the Matrix...If we were, the food would taste better!"

So...I don't think they're lip synching, but I'm certainly no expert. But if they were, are they really purposely TRYING to make it sound bad?

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• Minion

Is the dancing pre-recorded?

I'm just gunna say I do not care much for Mad T Party. I think removing electronica was a big mistake. I watched MTP for about 5 minutes before I couldn't take anymore. Whether they lip sync or not I think its just another waste of time and money.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    While I agree that it was designed w/ locals in mind, where did you hear that it was to stick around longer than two summers? Just curious b/c I heard that in June 2014, we will def have another "party".
    Not necessarily trustworthy sources, but I have heard it from multiple places... Doesn't mean it's true, but I have heard it. I never claimed I heard it from an insider.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Sock Puppet

hm-mm i haven't heard that the time frame on MTP is even expected.meaning i have not heard one. doesn't mean it not true or not.that is something to research or ask a CM, that is if they even know.

i do have to say i am sorry i started this thread, i just had simple question, i didn't do this to get into a heated discussion or anything, i didn't wanted to be hated for just asking the question after what i had experienced.so forgive me and maybe we can move on as i think i have my answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123