Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

So I been frequenting Mad T- Party forthe last few weeks or so.. and I just have this one question, don'thate me for asking it, I am just asking.. after all we all have ourown opinion of Mad T-Party...but i watched the singers sing for awhile one night, and Alice was singing, she missed a note and a word,and what got me was it didn't match with what she was singing..iguess what I am trying to say is, I think I witnesed Alice lipsync(sp) to the music..because I had also seen a different Dlicethe previous week, same song, same voice, different Alice.. Am Iwrong? Does anyone else witness this? Or Believe that the track ispre-recorded? Maybe I had to many glowjitos and was seeing things??Was my eyes playing tricks on me? I know the music ( the band) is really playing, but i just wondered about the singing part..

Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

having not seen it in person but knowing disney its probably all pre recoreded

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: A Mad T-Party Question(I know I am going to get hated for asking this) but....

My partner is trying to get into the music industry, and basically any performance you see Disney or not where the singers are singing and dancing at the same time the singing is lip synched.

In the case with Disney though even if they aren't dancing I wouldn't be surprised if it is lip synched because Disney wants consistency, and lip synching would eliminate any poor performances that might occasionally happen.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My partner is trying to get into the music industry, and basically any performance you see Disney or not where the singers are singing and dancing at the same time the singing is lip synched.

In the case with Disney though even if they aren't dancing I wouldn't be surprised if it is lip synched because Disney wants consistency, and lip synching would eliminate any poor performances that might occasionally happen.
    okay pheww!! okay i guess i am not the only one then that thinks it's lip synch'd k, that makes me feel better know, specially since i observed the action taking place. I had mentioned this to somoene else recently and they came unglued and told me that the singing is live..i know the tracks are pre-recorded..the band plays live...am i the only one that has noticed this?

anybody else have thoughts?

• Minion

I always thought it was live. I can't tell you with 100% certainty but I'm pretty sure that the different Mad Hatters have different ranges. One of them was straining to hit the higher notes and had a much different sound than the first one I saw.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My friends saw right away she was...they were like wait....her lips aren't moving at the same pace.

Which leads me to ask...then why not just use the Original sounds..rather then the worst re-recorded songs?

• Senior Monorail Minion

If they're lip syncing, Disney did a really poor job on the track because personally, I think they are mediocre to just bad. I don't think they are lip synching, to be honest. I would guess they have a back up track to supplement but I think they do sing live.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    My friends saw right away she was...they were like wait....her lips aren't moving at the same pace.

Which leads me to ask...then why not just use the Original sounds..rather then the worst re-recorded songs?
    yeah i know what you mean.. okay so i am not the only one that noticed this..

to be honest, I have seen different hatters, different alice's.. and tell ya the truth the music vocals are the same each and every time, that is what made me really think about my posted question.in words i can't explain it but i thought they really were singing, but now i am not to sure.. and if they are they aren't that great and that is why they have a pre-recorded track as backup to hide the mistakes, i guess..?? except when there is a mistake, lips don't lie.. right?

---------- Post added 09-04-2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

right.. just use the original song, and lip sync that with the band playing live..totally..

I've been to the Mad T Party many times over the summer and have always enjoyed it. I personally know one of the Alices before she got the job and she has an amazing voice (and is a professional singer), but I only stay when she sings. I know they do not lip sync but I have seen other Alices and they are clearly not as talented (I know I sound bias (; ) but everyone I've brought to Mad T have really enjoyed my Alice's performance

I don't think they are lip-synching. I've been to the show numerous times, and have even watched most of the videos posted on youtube. There are numerous differences between the singers voices from show to show. Dynamics are different, vocal ranges are different, cadence is occasionally different. Is it perhaps possible that they have a sync track to use in case of emergency? Like if a performer is sick and they just can't cover the spot that night? I am just guessing, but that could explain what you saw.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Wait Billy Hill and Hillbillies are lip synching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Minion

This is very inaccurate.
    Jeff Wayne

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by napamaninsocal View Post
    Wait Billy Hill and Hillbillies are lip synching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMM NO not them, we all know they sing live..

• Hide and Seek with Anna

No they don't lip synching. I have seen them alot of times and me and my mom know a friend that is a friend to one of the Mad Hatters who also from what I have hear is also one of the Dapper Dan Guys and another one that is from 80's All Star band. And they sing there songs and play the songs by themself with no pre recoring or any of that stuff.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    No they don't lip synching. I have seen them alot of times and me and my mom know a friend that is a friend to one of the Mad Hatters who also from what I have hear is also one of the Dapper Dan Guys and another one that is from 80's All Star band. And they sing there songs and play the songs by themself with no pre recoring or any of that stuff.
    dapper dans sings, 80'z allstars sings, but they are not disney.. dapper dans is.. but 80'z allstars is not a Disney band.. they are a band that disney hires to sing and do entertainment...maybe you should just watch them sing once, just their lips..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast