Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Halloween Party Advice Needed!

Thx guys for the info.
    As for the Fireworks narration, it is projected onto the SW facade. I saw it on youtube, unless they don't do that anymore. It's just that the person who recorded it, didn't pan back towards the castle. And I couldn't think/remember if one could see tinkerbell/zero/flyer-du-jour from there if they simply turned around.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    My mom and I (16) will be attending the October 12th Halloween Party. This is our first time at any special event at the parks, so we are really excited! We will be there during the morning, but will probably be taking a break and coming back around four. What is the best route to go for dinner? Also, what should our "plan of attack" be for the party? Our main goals are fireworks, parade, and characters. We may go on a ride or two or stop at a trick-or-treat station, but we are fine missing those if that has to happen.
    I always eat at the Plaza Inn on Main Street near the Tomorrowland Entrance. It's the best place to be when the day guests are leaving the park. You'll have a chance to order some nice Halloween deserts. My daughter loved them.

Definitely go to the treat stations. You'll get a ton of candy. Bring an extra bag like the grocery store recycling bags to store your extra loot. The flimsy bags that they hand out will not last. They won't question you. They will happily fill all bags in your hand.

The parade was very good. I only saw it on my way out since my wife felt sick so we left early.

Definitely visit a few rides, but don't make it a priority. Go on the rides that are short. Peter Pan was a long wait (45 minutes), but everything else was short.

Dress up. I didn't, but many people were decked out with the best costumes. The men were wearing detailed period costumes. The women were wearing Cinderella and princess costumes.

Overall, it was a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    This is my first time this year... I will be there on the first date and I know things can change from year to year, but about how many candy trails are there?
    Are they worth waiting in? Is there any theming along the trails or stuff to see? Are there trails that come back each year that are better than other trails?

If the only pay off is candy, I may end up limiting my trail-blazing.

Also, from the Small World Promenade, can you see Zero flying thru the air? I ask, b/c someone in my party is crazy-insane and wants to see him (or is it a her?) at all costs. She doesn't care about the fireworks. I wanted to see the fireworks from SW area b/c I simply never have done that before. Hoping for a compromise.
    Watch it from the hub. The Halloween show is probably the most hub centric fireworks show other than Remember. ZERO alone is well worth it. He looks aweeesome!!!!
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Thx guys for the info.
    As for the Fireworks narration, it is projected onto the SW facade. I saw it on youtube, unless they don't do that anymore. It's just that the person who recorded it, didn't pan back towards the castle. And I couldn't think/remember if one could see tinkerbell/zero/flyer-du-jour from there if they simply turned around.

While It's a Small World (IASW, or SW) is used for projections for I believe all the firework shows it not a good alternative to the hub. Depending where you are tall trees along the Small World Plaza will block your view of projections on the Matterhorn or Characters flying in the sky. Also low fireworks are blocked. Another problem is the high fireworks are above and to the left of the Small World facade, very high up.

From in front of the Castle you can see everything in view which is ideal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12