Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Message Board Loyalty?

It's nice to know how many people think the same way that I do about MiceChat.

As long as MiceChat is here. I will be here as well.

I prefer this site over others because of the ease of use it offers. So many other boards are still using old technology and it is readily apparent in the emoticons and items in signature lines. Very outdated look on a lot of other boards.

I'm not going to knock content on any board, but MiceChat seems to have the biggest mix of trip planning, commentary, and questions. Most other boards are strictly one or the other it seems.

Plus, I find that the members here (for the most part) actually know what they are talking about.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

I only come here. Not out of loyalty, though. I quit the "mother" of this site when it kicked Al out of the house. (I still go that site for historical information, but not to the message boards.)

More DL-focused.
    Mods are somewhat cool.
    I enjoy the "serious" threads that have rational analysis of the business. And there are enough of these that I can ignore the less serious threads like: trip reports; "what's your favorite...?"; and "Something happened to me at DL and made me sad, so I'm going to complain here...."; threads.

However, the ads on here are getting a bit too personal (doffing my tfh). (I think this is new to me, because my web nanny has been shut off.) And the shilling needs to be cut back (imo). Yes, there are costs associated with running a web site. I'm not buying anything. Just an fyi.

Way more volume than everyplace else I've looked.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Although I'm also on Dis, I'm here much more often. I like it here more. I also post in the Disneyland forum on WDWmagic. There are only a few Disneylanders there but it's fun because we get to clear up any kind of false information and help the WDW vets with anything they need info on. Also we keep each other updated on what's going on at the DLR. This is definitely the best DLR forum, though.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I enjoy the "serious" threads that have rational analysis of the business. And there are enough of these that I can ignore the less serious threads like: trip reports; "what's your favorite...?"; and "Something happened to me at DL and made me sad, so I'm going to complain here...."; threads.

I've always liked the back-stage stories the best!

But in all seriousness, the 2005 core that made MC, set the bar extremely high. It is thee warmest site on the web. And it's thee most informative site on the web. All in all, it's number one, and the rest are a distant second.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I came here back in 2005 for the information that I felt that I needed to make a successful first trip to Disneyland. MiceChat did not fail me, and my first vacation to Disneyland was a huge success. Along with the stuff that I learned, I also had a lot of fun, and I made a lot of friends. I admit to liking the "lighter" side of MiceChat more than the serious. I know I can depend on MiceChat for letting me know what I need to know to make the most of my vacations. I have always been treated fairly, and I am never afraid to speak my mind, as long as I play by the rules. I can't imagine my days without MiceChat.

Micechat is the only Disney related forum I post on. Sometimes I'll lurk on Visions Fantastic, but it doesn't have much activity. This is one of the only internet forums that never gets trolled because it's such a friendly place. Micechatters are the only random group of strangers I feel completely safe around.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I came here back in 2005 for the information that I felt that I needed to make a successful first trip to Disneyland. MiceChat did not fail me, and my first vacation to Disneyland was a huge success. Along with the stuff that I learned, I also had a lot of fun, and I made a lot of friends. I admit to liking the "lighter" side of MiceChat more than the serious. I know I can depend on MiceChat for letting me know what I need to know to make the most of my vacations. I have always been treated fairly, and I am never afraid to speak my mind, as long as I play by the rules. I can't imagine my days without MiceChat.
    This... its because of those lighter threads/sections/forums that I have made actual friends from this site. Probably about 90% of my friends on FaceBook are from here. There are people I met on this site that I share motels with when I'm in the park, that I hang out with if I'm there, that I exchange Christmas cards and birthday cards etc with. I'm not kidding when I say that MiceChat has truly made changes and had an impact on my life.

And I love and miss all the trip reports we use to have... I don't get to the park that often... the trip reports give me a chance to at least see the park and experience it through someone elses eyes.

And thats why I stay here.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I miss many MiceChatters who no longer post on MiceChat, and most likely spend their internet time on Facebook now. Facebook isn't my thing, and so I have lost touch with a lot of great people.

Things are always changing around here and in the world, and I accept that. Each day when I spend time here I never know what to expect, and I am many times amazed at the quality of the many good people who post here.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-06-2012 at 05:07 AM.

• Disney Magic is a Must

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And I love and miss all the trip reports we use to have... I don't get to the park that often... the trip reports give me a chance to at least see the park and experience it through someone elses eyes.

And thats why I stay here.
    I will be sure to make a trip report after my honeymoon! Should I try to capture anything in particular for the micechatters? I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!

I spend much more time here but i also go mouseplanet and dis but here most and when on my phone mouse wait

I frequent 3-4 sites daily or weekly, but I really wish there weren't quite so many. There's just so much info out there now, it's hard to stick to a single source. I would like to know why Al moved from MP to here all those years ago, though...just a curiosity as to the backstory, really...but regardless, I still read both.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    However, the ads on here are getting a bit too personal (doffing my tfh). (I think this is new to me, because my web nanny has been shut off.) And the shilling needs to be cut back (imo). Yes, there are costs associated with running a web site. I'm not buying anything. Just an fyi.

Way more volume than everyplace else I've looked.
    It's a real catch-22 though. The volume is because many users visit MC for free, which does require advertising. If the entire site were subscription-only, you wouldn't have nearly the number of people, and thus the variety of conversation, than you do now. Nothing's for free. You either pay for it yourself, or it's paid for on your behalf by advertisers. I have AdBlock on Chrome and the rest I just skim over. I do appreciate that the ads are relevant to the site. I'd rather see an ad for sponsorship by HoJo than some random eyebrow-plucking service in Texas or a tennis summer camp in upstate New York (not joking--I've gotten those on other sites).

• Sock Puppet

We have BST guide to the park and threads that all pertain to that along with threads for all the new things in BST..where as other discussion boards do not. So to me that is pretty cool.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Message Board Loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    If only Magic had the passion Micechat has for what is right for the parks. WDW would be in much better shape.
    If only everyone had MiceChatters' passion, Disney would be run and supported by a million Walts and everything we do everyday would be a whole lot easier and more pleasant because everyone would live and work with integrity. My original reason for choosing MiceChat, after involvement with two or three other sites, was that MiceChat has overwhelmingly the most active and knowledgeable community for the Tokyo Resort, which is where I live and first visited a Disney park in 2008. In fact, most of the folks participating in the Tokyo forums on other sites were, it turned out, these same people, only the quality and tone of their posts always seemed to be both more in-depth and more passionate here. Plus, everyone here is nearly always very friendly, though not afraid of heated discussion. I've had some stressful conversations, but only twice have I felt that someone really crossed a line. And sadly, despite all the talk about people on DISboards being "not so nice," I have to admit that one time I completely misread the intentions of someone from DISboards and totally overreacted to a post myself; it happens.

What I love about MiceChat is the kind of people it seems to attract. Conversations get heated because people are bothering to speak with real intelligence from the bottom of their hearts. People here tend to really CARE. Not just our fantastic mods, everybody.

I'll finish with a point about those wonderful moderators and organizers, though. Being the best place to talk about TDR also made MiceChat pretty much the only place to talk about Duffy in 2008, two years before Disney took him back from Oriental Land Company. There was always judgment and conflict around my instant favorite character, and the MiceChat admins always let the conversation happen, but paid attention. When finally, almost two years ago, a whole group of Duffy fans were getting some unnecessarily-aggressive-but-not-quite-TOS-shattering heat from a whole group of "haters," MiceChat admins made a safe space for our fandom to grow. It's buried in the merchandise section and we don't have flashy "NEWS" and "CHAT" thread headers like the big, sexy theme park boards. But it's the only one of its kind in the world, and that community has become larger, stronger, and more vocal than I think could ever have happened without it. I honestly believe the MiceChat Duffy forum has been and still is vital to the character's inevitable breakthrough success. Duffy is the kind of character who needed — and still needs — to be championed, and MiceChat is the kind of place that believes in championing Disney, as long as you're not tearing someone else down and your heart's really in it.

That's what I love about MiceChat; there's plenty of diversity and variety, and a very large group of regular posters truly love at least one park or one aspect of the Company or the legacy with a fiery and determined passion that inspires others to care, too. This community reminds me constantly that no matter what kind of corporate decisions are ever made, Disney will always be more than a media corporation simply because this community exists. The thing I think is not an important part of Disney, or even "not Disney," is someone else's bedrock of intense fandom, and suddenly Vinylmation or the Fairies line mean more to me, too. Okay, maybe not the Fairies! MiceChat is, on the whole, filled with a pleasantly diverse group of dream-believers who really care about the how's and why's of Disney magic, and that makes it home for me.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 09-27-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Couple missed words.:blush:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast