• done

January and February offers for DL annual passholders

I was browsing around the AP area of the Disneyland website and found these offers that people might find interesting. The January spotlight offer seems a bit odd as I wouldn't think it would be necessary, but the February offer is good, even though Rancho has recently changed their menu.

January spotlight offer

Enjoy Reserved Seating at the new Animation Academy in the Disney Animation attraction in Disney's California Adventure® Park. You'll learn first-hand what it takes to be a Disney Animator! Pick up your tickets on the day you plan to attend by showing your valid Annual Passport at the Guest Relations Lobby in Disney's California Adventure® Park.

Offer valid Mondays through Thursdays from 1/2 - 1/31/06, excluding 1/16/06. Valid Annual Pass required at time of reservation. Limit 4 tickets per Passholder per day. Ticket may not be sold or transferred for commercial purpose. Availability limited to 10 guests per show. Offer restricted to show starting 10 or 30 minutes after each hour. Offer, park operation hours and show times subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission required.

February spotlight offer

Receive a FREE Crispitos dessert with the purchase of an adult entrée and beverage at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Disneyland® Park. Indulge in one of our new "El Fuego Grill" specialties, like the tantalizing Citrus fire-Grilled Chicken or spirited Carne Asada and Red Chile Enchilada platter, or another popular favorite. Simply present your valid Annual Passport when ordering to receive your free dessert.

Offer valid from 2/1 - 2/28/06. Valid Annual Pass required at time of purchase. Must purchase one adult entrée and a beverage at Rancho Del Zocalo Restaurante to receive one free Crispitos dessert. Limit two free Crispitos desserts per transaction. Offer, location operating hours and item availability subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission required.

Village Haus dining pin

With the debut of the "new" Fantasyland, the Village Haus Restaurant opened to Guests on May 25, 1983. First known as Village Inn Restaurant, the restaurant's intricate European woodwork and stained glass windows create a cozy dining atmosphere. Each pin will be back-stamped with "Official Pin Trading 2006," and will be available (while supplies last) exclusively to Annual Passholders beginning Sunday, January 15. One pin will be provided with each single food purchase of $30.00 (before tax and after any applicable discount)at the locations listed. Just present your valid Annual Passport at time of purchase to receive your pin.*

Annual Passholder dining pins are available at these participating Park and Resort Hotel dining locations, except where noted above: Plaza Inn, Carnation Café, Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, and Blue Bayou Restaurant at Disneyland® Park; Ariel's Grotto, Pacific Wharf Café, Taste Pilots' Grill, plus the Vineyard Room and Wine Country Trattoria at the Golden Vine Winery at Disney's California Adventure® Park; Disney's PCH Grill and Yamabuki restaurant at Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel; Goofy's Kitchen, Hook's Pointe and Granville's Steak House at the Disneyland® Hotel; Storytellers Café at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®.

*We regret that pins are in very limited supply, are subject to availability, and may sell out quickly due to their popularity. Pins are only available to Annual Passholders in person during regular operating hours. Qualifying purchase for pin must be made during promotional period beginning Sunday, January 15, 2006; purchases made prior to Sunday, January 15, 2006, do not qualify for pin. Qualifying purchase excludes alcoholic beverages. Offer, details, and participating locations subject to change at any time without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Separate theme park admission may be required.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: January and February offers for DL annual passholders

Thanks for the heads up! That citrus fire-grilled chicken at Rancho del Zocalo sounds delicious - I'm definately going to have to try it next time I go to the park!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• done

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Thanks for the heads up! That citrus fire-grilled chicken at Rancho del Zocalo sounds delicious - I'm definately going to have to try it next time I go to the park!
    Here's a warning - it's ok but not nearly as good as it sounds. I had it on NYE. Here's a picture of it.

Here's an excerpt from my NYE trip report:

I had particularly enjoyed the garlic chicken and garlic shrimp that had been on the prior menu, so I'd been disappointed when I'd heard they'd be taken off the menu. I decided to try the new citrus chicken on the menu, but even by Disneyland dining standards, the price seemed a bit steep for what you got, especially since it was much blander now with just rice and beans, whereas the chicken plate previously came with a black beans and corn salad and a side spear of grilled pineapple. The chicken tasted fine, but I don't know that I'm likely to order it again. I'll probably opt for another selection, but I don't think I'll be suggesting Rancho as a meal destination much.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: January and February offers for DL annual passholders

Darn, loved the Garlic Shrimp/Grilled Chicken combo plate....and all the goodies that will it! Citrus Chicken just doesn't sound like it could even come close to replacing it!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette