Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• B.T.

Half Marathon Weekend and New Camera Gear!

Hello all. The family and I made a trip down from SF bay area to DL this last weekend. I had two goals. First was running the 5k. This is our second time. The other goal, was testing out my new camera gear. I purchased a Canon 5d MKII, Canon 16-35mm L II Lens, and a Promote Control (I like HDR photography) about 4 months ago and was dying to take them to the park.

I'll keep the TR short and sweet becuase i am really want to share my photos. DW and I sent our 2 year old son down with the grandparents on Thurs. morning. They left about 5 a.m. The wife and I had to work a half day, so we jumped on a plane at 1:00 and were at our hotel by 3:00. We stayed at the Grand CA. I love that place. Trip went well. We had lots of family time, and I loved every minute of it. On Sunday, the wife and I even meet up with some MC'ers at the noon meet and greet while the little one was taking a nap with the grandparents.

On Sunday night, everyone was very tired and turned in a bit early. I finally brought out my new gear and went off alone to close down the park. I was a happy man. Below are some of the photos I did. Most are bracketed shots using the promote and 5-9 exposures. Most of them were also taken at 16mm, so I could try some wide angle, full frame, goodness. Boy did I have fun. i hope you enjoy.

Thanks for taking a look!
    Last edited by llamaboy; 09-05-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Re: Half Marathon Weekend and New Camera Gear!

Great stuff!

• love my friends

wow beautiful pictures

Friends for life

• Former ODV/SE CM

Those shots are awesome!
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Elk Grove Chris

Very nice!
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• B.T.

Thank you. I know these are typical shots everyone has these in their portfolio. =-\

• Circle of Ancients

Great pictures. It was nice meeting you at the meet on Sunday!!!

• Future Imagineer!!

Quote Originally Posted by llamaboy View Post
    Thank you. I know these are typical shots everyone has these in their portfolio. =-\
    That doesn't make them any less gorgeous! Plus I like to think every photographer does a slightly different angle or different perspective which makes them your own

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• B.T.

Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    That doesn't make them any less gorgeous! Plus I like to think every photographer does a slightly different angle or different perspective which makes them your own
    Thanks for the encouragement!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us llamaboy! I'm particularly interested in your last shot of the fireworks above the Mark Twain. Was there no Fantasmic scheduled for last Sunday night? It has become an increasingly rare sight to see the lights on the Mark Twain during the Fireworks as 1) The Mark Twain is usually parked behind TSI after it's performance in Fantasmic, and 2) If there is no Fantasmic, the Mark Twain usually keeps making laps after the fireworks and they turn the lights off of the Twain in order to allow guests on board to see the fireworks better. This is the first time I've seen the lights on during the fireworks in two years. I'll try to pencil that date in for next year and hope for the best. Good to know that this particular scene is still available during certain times during the year.

• B.T.

Smile Re: Half Marathon Weekend and New Camera Gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us llamaboy! I'm particularly interested in your last shot of the fireworks above the Mark Twain. Was there no Fantasmic scheduled for last Sunday night? It has become an increasingly rare sight to see the lights on the Mark Twain during the Fireworks as 1) The Mark Twain is usually parked behind TSI after it's performance in Fantasmic, and 2) If there is no Fantasmic, the Mark Twain usually keeps making laps after the fireworks and they turn the lights off of the Twain in order to allow guests on board to see the fireworks better. This is the first time I've seen the lights on during the fireworks in two years. I'll try to pencil that date in for next year and hope for the best. Good to know that this particular scene is still available during certain times during the year.
    Thanks Mac Daddy! Your photos have always impressed and inspired me. I am flattered you liked these.

For the fireworks shot, I kinda cheated. It was actually taken on Thurs. Aug 30th. I was in the park that night with the DW and only was able to set up a couple of shots before she got bored--Heh. This was one of them. We just happened to be walking along ROA when the fireworks started. I noticed that fantasmic was not showing and the MT was parked. I then remembered seeing that shot on the this board and quickly set up using a gorilla pod on the railing. I used my promote control to fire continiously while the show was going on. Then once the show was over, and the lights went back on, I took a series of 9 bracketed shots to process as an HDR photo. That is why you see the lights on in the final photo. I then overlayed the best fireworks shot I got onto the processed HDR and layermasked the sky in. It was a bit of a pain brushing around the trees and smokes stackes, but I took my time because I knew it would be worth it.

Honestly, I don't remember if the lights on the MT were on during the show. I will go back and look at the original shots when I get home tonight and let you know.

• B.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I looked at my raw photos. Here is my un-edited photo of the fireworks. I was wrong. All the lights were on.

nice pictures, thanks for sharing with all of us

• formerly very helpful

That's a whole lot of pretty!

• Nic

Wow! I love all your photos. Was Disney not crowded that night...? I think that's the first time I've seen the Teacups empty.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast