Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Only an APer would....

I have recently just started going to the park by myself on a weekly basis and yes sometimes I will only go there for a few hours, maybe ride the train, or sit on a bench on Main Street. I do sometimes find myself studying tiny details of the park. People in lines will stare at me...one lone teenager staring at rock work or other such items that most people carelessly pass by, for upwards of 15 minutes.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Faith.Trust.PixieDust

I have an AP, but I live almost 3 hours (depending on traffic) away, so when I go to the park, it's very rarely just for the day, I'll stay 3 or 4 days, about 3 times a year. Lol.

On the first day I'll drive down very early in the morning, usually making it to the parking garage, into the park before rope drop. Then I'll have breakfast, hit a couple of rides, do some window shopping, sit back and relax, then have some lunch then I'll kill time until it's time for me to go check into my hotel room. I'll come back in the evening for fireworks and Fantasmic.

After that first day, I don't go to the parks during the day, I'll wait and go at like 7ish. I absolutely love Disneyland at night, it's so much more magical to me. I'll watch the fireworks, Fantasmic, WoC, etc and then I'll stay at Disneyland until it closes.

I'll usually make these trips alone. While I love being with friends, having people to talk to in line, etc, nothing compares to being able to do what I want and on my own time, having the freedom to not worry about having to make sure I get the most usage out of my day ticket as I possibly can.

•   
    • Minion

- Interrupt their own day to help a tourist or first time park visitor who is totally lost, and be able to direct them to anything they need, be it the First Aid station, the Baby Center, or the first pet cemetery at the Haunted Mansion.

- Become the default tour guide at the park for friends and family visiting Southern California.

- Similarly, become the point of information for friends/relatives/co-workers who want information about anything DLR - related.

- Not get upset when an attraction they enjoy is down, because they know they will be able to come back and ride it another day.

- Decide on the spur of the moment to go to Disneyland...even after work.

- Leave the park when it's too crowded, since they know they can come back another time.

I live 3 hours away by mass transit...when my pass isn't blocked out for summer, I try to get to DLR once a month or so.

• Hooterville, USA

Drop in and have lunch without riding any attractions.

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandreport View Post
    word on the trash thing. I do this a lot myself. In fact the other day my baby's mama saw some trash on the ground outside our apartment and was all bitter and angry, and was about to walk past it. I said "you'd pick it up if we were at Disneyland. Why can't you pick it up outside your home!"
    I like this post!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• #bringevilback

I frequently stop by after work in the mornings and will go on a few rides, log between 5-10k steps, then go home and sleep the day away. It's a great place to unwind after a stressful shift and get a good walk in while enjoying the parks and a ride or two.

• Former ODV/SE CM

When I worked there I once had a guest come up to me to buy 5 frozen bananas. One for her and one each for the four people who were waiting outside the main gates since they didn't have an AP.

I also once (as an AP) went to Pizza Port on a lunch break from work (job after Disney).
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Minion

... have a favorite place to park in M&F.

as an AP holder I wont wait in line for longer than 15 minutes to ride any ride. Once all the rides > 15 minutes we leave.

• Banned User

When I lived nearby (a few years ago when I was in college) I loved to study at the park. I'd retreat to the quietest corner of the Hungry Bear Cafe and pump out essays like nobody's business. Nothing motivated me to finish work faster than Disneyland.

• Minion

...cross the yellow line.

-Try to use their discount at an ODV cart. (The Cozy Cones are simply not fair)
    -Have the whole park memorized. (I know where every single bathroom and water fountain is)
    -Have a show only day (Aladdin, Parades, 3D movies, etc.)
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    When I lived nearby (a few years ago when I was in college) I loved to study at the park. I'd retreat to the quietest corner of the Hungry Bear Cafe and pump out essays like nobody's business. Nothing motivated me to finish work faster than Disneyland.
    I knew I should have went to Calif for college haha
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

It sucks not having an AP. I guess I'm one of the rare breeds on this board. lol
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• formerly very helpful

With prices being what they are, and salaries doing what they're going to be doing, you won't be the only one for long, I'm afraid.

That said,

Only an APer would recognize the different actors who play each of the face characters.

-Head to the queue at the Tiki Room just to avoid long line for dole whip.
    -Excited with progress of construction walls.
    -least crowded bathrooms are
    -to take their toddlers to the animation studio for a break
    -walk from M&F thru Downtown Disney to Disneyland or DCA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast