Disneyland Hotel Booked?

We are going to DLR the last week of September for about a week. Afterwards, we are heading up to Northern California to visit family. On our way back home (out of state), we are planning to return to DLR for a last day.

We WERE planning to stay at Disneyland Hotel. I've always wanted to do it... just once! The days we'd need to stay are October 2nd thru 4th... Apparently, Disneyland.com and all travel sites say the hotel is completely booked.

This is quite a bummer!

Anybody know any way that I may be able to try and still get a reservation? I know it's a longshot, but if there's a waiting list for cancellations or any way, I'd really appreciate knowing.

Thanks!!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disneyland Hotel Booked?

What is unsual about your party? I can offers from Disney. Yet only at concierge level at the DLH. The GCH and PPH have cheaper rooms available.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    What is unsual about your party? I can offers from Disney. Yet only at concierge level at the DLH. The GCH and PPH have cheaper rooms available.
    My party is simply 2 adults and 1 child age 6. I can't see any offers available for DLH oct 2nd - 4th. Concierge or otherwise. But i'm sure concierge would be outside my budget anyway.

I understand GCH and PPH are available - but from what I've seen and read, GCH and PPH hardly even seem "disney" - DLH has the extra "magic" to keep the immersion.

If there is no way to catch a room at this point, I guess we'll just have to look to Harbor Blvd... It's not the end of the world or anything, just a real bummer for us.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by pushforth View Post
    My party is simply 2 adults and 1 child age 6. I can't see any offers available for DLH oct 2nd - 4th. Concierge or otherwise. But i'm sure concierge would be outside my budget anyway.
    I was wondering if you were looking for something special like a suite for 6 people. I went to disneyland.com and put in the dates and it was giving me options for the Concierge Level rooms at over $500 per night.

If you want the super disney touches of the DLH, and can't afford them this time, the other hotels won't provide them. I'd agree to start looking across the street.

All three hotels actually offer a very Disney environment. The difference with the Disneyland hotel is nostalgia along with a more family environment because of some of the offerings which include goofy kitchen. The other two seem to offer a more quiet environment especially the PPH because it is the farthest away. If there are rooms available in the other two I think you would definitely enjoy them. also don't forget that the PPH and GCH have rooms that offer great views of WOC
    The reason you might be having some problem finding rooms during that time could be because there are several events going on during that time at The resort including the gay day Anaheim which starts the weekend of the 5th but many people arrive early

Maybe this is a silly question, but have you tried calling the Disneyland Hotel directly to inquire about availability and/or a waiting list? They don't release all their inventory to external travel sites, and you might just find out there's been a cancellation that isn't reflected online. Internet sources are a great convenience, but sometimes human-to-human will get you solutions you can't access in the virtual world.

Is there anything else going on that week other than gay days that weekend?

• Knight that says Nee!!

I agree with Baloo...any of the three hotels in the resort will give you Disney "atmosphere". I have stayed at all three over the past few years and was pleased with each as far as the service and atmosphere goes. GCH might be outside your budget if DLH Concierge level is. DLH is always thought of as the one with all the theme but really it is just the oldest one and has nostalgia on its side. All three are very well themed and will provide that "Disney feel."

Bear in mind that the time block you want is during "gay days" and also, I believe, encompasses some Halloween season events and so it will be a crowded time and the hotels will be booked fast.

Thanks everyone. We'll call DLH and see if there are any options. I guess we just had our hearts set on staying at THE Disneyland Hotel, and if it can't happen, we'll just find a less expensive option on Harbor Blvd (which is closer than PPH), and maybe splurge a little more at the park with the money saved.

---------- Post added 09-06-2012 at 10:40 AM ----------

Wait - just thought of something... If we stayed at a resort hotel, we can get in an hour earlier with the "extra magic hour" option. That might be worth it! Especially if we stay at GCH (that day, only DCA is scheduled for "extra magic hour").

Quote Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
    Is there anything else going on that week other than gay days that weekend?
    I am going the last week of September and it has several conventions/large groups coming to Anaheim...I know this because I am going to be there from Sept 28 to Oct 5th with a group of around 325 people. Also some AZ schools have fall break that time and it will just be generally busier due to cars land and pass holders coming back. Plus Halloween parties start so lots of people will be coming down for that.

Gay days is the week after, but it still looks like there will be at least one large convention of realtors and an auto show at the convention centre that week/weekend.

From the reasearch I have done it's going to be a busy fall at the DL resort.

Weird!

So last night there were no DLH rooms available. Through Disneyland.com or third party travel sites. This morning, same thing. GCH and PPH only.

We called DLH and they said there was nothing that they could do but to just keep calling and checking for cancellations.

Well, 30 minutes ago, I went back to Disneyland.com too see the GCH prices, and DLH was available! Not only that, they were showing $200 cheaper!!

So I jumped on it! And now, I have our reservation.

Here's hoping they didn't just double book a room.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by pushforth View Post
    Weird!

So last night there were no DLH rooms available. Through Disneyland.com or third party travel sites. This morning, same thing. GCH and PPH only.

We called DLH and they said there was nothing that they could do but to just keep calling and checking for cancellations.

Well, 30 minutes ago, I went back to Disneyland.com too see the GCH prices, and DLH was available! Not only that, they were showing $200 cheaper!!

So I jumped on it! And now, I have our reservation.

Here's hoping they didn't just double book a room.
    That's great! Perhaps they had a large group cancel and so had to make deals to fill the rooms...who knows, enjoy your trip!