Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fastpass Rules and Time

So I've heard rumors where DLR is thinking about enforcing the fastpass return time like WDW.

Is this true or do they still let you come back anytime after the original time?

And are any rides "disconnected," still from the system?

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Fastpass Rules and Time

They do not enforce return times and probably never will until they get an Xpass system like WDW.

As far as disconnected rides, last I heard they were all connected. Even Roger Rabbit.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

I have heard of FPs being enforced at RSR, and I definitely think they will eventually all be enforced, probably soon, once TDA sees how it goes with WDW. The unenforced return times is a loophole in the system that I don't believe will remain open in perpetuity.

It's only enforced in RSR then so far?

I was wondering since I would like to ride RSR at night but what if I had fastpass for earlier time.

• Minion

It's all been anecdotal, but based on what I've seen around online, RSR is hit and miss as far as enforcement, and they tend to be much more lenient when the ride has closed down multiple times during the day.

• -

I hope they start enforcing sooner rather than later.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Silent Lucidity

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I hope they start enforcing sooner rather than later.
    Why is that? I like the idea that I am not tied to a return time. I understand why they restrict you to a beginning start time, but giving guests more flexability for their return is great! If you are in Critter Country when your FP for Space Mtn, the hour window, is about to expire; it's great that you don't need to run across the park for fear of missing your window! I like the FP system as it is.

• Quality not quantity

The main change I would like to see is a touch screen added to the Fastpass machines allowing guests to pick which attraction the want a fastpass for. I hate having to run back an forth across multiple parks to make the best use of the system.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    The main change I would like to see is a touch screen added to the Fastpass machines allowing guests to pick which attraction the want a fastpass for. I hate having to run back an forth across multiple parks to make the best use of the system.
    True. But it forces you to maybe stop by a store or an odv cart and buy something. Remember, this is Di$ney we're talking about...

Only thing I have concerns about it is if i get a fastpass for midday say and I would like to ride RSR at night. Hope they let me use it after my time window passed.

• Minion

As of the end of July, California Screamin' was disconnected from the rest of DCA.

• The doctor is in

I don't see why this is a problem. Isn't the point of a FP to come back during the time it gives you?

• #bringevilback

They way the system is designed it is only truly effective if return windows (start and end) are enforced. Otherwise you end up with longer lines late in the day when people finally get around to coming back to the ride. I'm all for enforcing the window!

• Knight that says Nee!!

They were not "enforcing" the one hour window on Saturday when we used our fast pass on RSR.

As far as if they should, I say no. Or at least I agree that the it should be an open ended return time rather than a tight box of one hour. I am on vacation and enjoying the park and I do not need a strict itinerary pushed on me because of a ride return time. "No kids we can't go to that show because it will end after our return time for space mt." No thanks. I would prefer the freedom of an open ended return time. This would still alleviate some of the stand-by line crowd but also allow people who choose to use the FP system to enjoy a vacation with out pressure to meet a narrow deadline. That's just my 2 cents (before taxes)

•   
    • Minion

they aren't enforcing it on any attractions. Any enforcement of it is all speculation and rumor the crops up on forums from time to time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast