End of "Magic, Memories, and You"?

I notice on the Disney Parks Blog that WDW is getting a new nighttime projection show replacing Magic, Memories, and You. Looking at the schedule for Disneyland looks like it has been taken off the schedule.

I for one enjoyed the show. It was short, had small pyros, and good music. It was a good show to watch while waiting for the crowds to die down after the fireworks and before the 2nd F! showing.

• Minion

Re: End of "Magic, Memories, and You"?

The show was surprisingly great to me. It was very simple and low-key, but it really leaves an impression on you. I've never had one of my own pictures on display, but seeing hundreds of happy kids, even if for just the second to get that shot, is pretty inspiring. I'd be okay with a new projection show, but I love the idea that people at the parks can be part of the magic each day.

• Banned User

I wish they'd projection map Sleeping Beauty's castle. I enjoyed the show at DL but it was really awesome to see the show on the castle at WDW.

• Seeker of Fun

I like the idea..but thought the way it worked out was really bad. It never seemed like a big deal to me. If you were somehow notified that you were part of the show, now that would be cool!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

I too didn't look forward to the show when it was first announced, but I fell in love the second I saw a video and heard the soundtrack. It was even better to experience in person. Sadly, the last showing occured on September 3. I'm glad that I got to see it at least once, but it will be missed dearly by me.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• Insomniac

I personally think they should do a projection mapping show in DCA since DCA has more locations that would work for this kind of thing. ToT, California Screamin', Cars Land, Carthay Circle Theater, Soarin, and Grizzly Peak would all work well for projection mapping (Matterhorn, Small world, and Space Mountain are the only buildings that it would work all that well on in Disneyland). As for Magic, Memories, and You, I'm not terribly upset that it's gone. The campaign for it didn't work all that well for DLR. The pictures of people in the shows worked better in WDW where more one in a lifetime visitors are.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Under that tree again!

The Magic, Mermories and You ended on Labor Day as was announced in the Disney Park Blog a few weeks ago.

“The Magic, The Memories and You!” our nightly projection show on Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park and “it’s a small world” at Disneyland park, made its debut back in January 2011, as part of the “Let the Memories Begin.” As that campaign comes to a close, “The Magic, The Memories and You!” will be presented for the last time on Labor Day, September 3.
    ‘Celebrate the Magic’ Nighttime Show Coming to Magic Kingdom Park « Disney Parks Blog