• Hooter!

Going with family this weekend for a birthday... Restaurant suggestions

Hey everyone, I thought I'd ask the board for your favorite sit down restaurants at the Disneyland Resort (DL, DTD, DCA).

We're going for my brother's birthday (16) and we want to have a good sit down dinner. Would love to get everyone's feedback of restaurant and favorite dish. Thanks!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Going with family this weekend for a birthday... Restaurant suggestions

I have had amazing meals at the Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans and althought it is outside of the park, The Cheese Cake Factory.

Blue Bayou or Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. I like the Roasted Beef Strip Loin, Tesoro Island Chicken or the Filet Mignon at Blue Bayou. The Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is all you can eat. The lunch includes chicken, ribs, cole slaw, baked beans and corn bread. The dinner adds sausage and corn on the cob. I hope your brother has a great birthday!

• -

The crabcakes at the Blue Bayou are awesome as is the ambiance. Catal is elegant and has great views of Downtown Disney. If it is for a birthday, you could always do Rainforest and finish the night with a volcano for dessert.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm wishing

Blue Bayou was my favorite, unlike some, I really love the food and think it's worthwhile...and you can't beat the location!

Carthay Circle Theater is great and sooo beautiful inside! If you haven't been there yet, you have to try it soon. It's about the same price as Blue Bayou, and if you go for dinner and each order a dinner and EITHER an appetizer or dessert, then you will each get preferred viewing for World of Color.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Blue Bayou was my favorite, unlike some, I really love the food and think it's worthwhile...and you can't beat the location!
    The Blue Bayou has long been a favorite of mine, both for the the food and (as Julie mentions) for the Disney location! Nothing can be better than to eat next to the water inside a Disneyland attraction.

There are a lot of other fine places; I've been pleased with many of the restaurants in Downtown Disney, for example (such as Rainforest Cafe or Jazz Kitchen), but for a special occasion I would prefer Blue Bayou.
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

•   

The best dinner I ever had was at the Napa Rose. Pricy, but well worth it.

I celebrated my 16th birthday with hot chocolate and appetizers at the Cove Bar while watching World of Color. Can't wait to plus that experience on my 17th birthday! For your brother, I would say Big Thunder Ranch (but only because that's the only sit down restaurant I've been to). Though, the food really was good.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

• formerly very helpful

If you don't mind leaving the park, I really enjoy Storyteller's at the Grand Californian. It's got good food, and nice ambiance, but it isn't too pricey.

• Please pull the yellowtab

I used to be all for convenience and dined exclusively within Disneyland and DCA, but I learned the hard way that most food offerings were not worth the price for it's poor flavor and quality. Now I am no foodie, but for the price Disney charges for it's food, it better be delicious.

If you don't mind walking a little further, I would recommend dining at the restaurants at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. From Disneyland's entrance, 5 min. walk. From DCA's (hidden entrance/exit) to Grand Californian Hotel, 30 second walk. The ambiance is more laid back, which I appreciate after running around chasing after fast passes and standing in lines for rides all day.

My favorite restaurant at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is the Storyteller's Cafe! I've received nothing but excellent service by cast members there. Moreover, I have never been disappointed by anything on the menu. My lunch time favorites are the margherita pizza, corn chowder, and warm chocolate brownie. Dinner service favorites: lobster cobb salad and chicken quesedilla. There is also a dinner buffet.

The only hiccup in service I received was when my sister and I were left unattended for 25 minutes after being seated and when they suddenly realized their mistake, Storyteller's manager came to our table to apologize for the poor service and said our meal was on the house.

Napa Rose is next door to Storyteller's Cafe and is very good as well. It is only open for dinner; pricey but well worth it for the service and food.

However, if you have a tight schedule and would rather stick to the parks: Cafe Orleans (located in Disneyland's New Orleans Square),Plaza Inn (ONLY for their amazing fried chicken, don't bother with the rest of their menu; located in Disneyland's Main Street) and Carthay Circle (located in DCA's Buena Vista Street).
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 09-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.