Can you suspend an AP?

My daughter is trying to decide whether she should renew her AP or not. It runs out on Sunday, and she would like to renew it immediately. However, she will be spending 4 months abroad studying in England from January through April. So I told her it might be better to wait until she returns. But it got me to thinking, I wonder if there is any sort of system setup for an AP holder who is out of the country and unable to use their pass for a certain period?

Any help or knowledge would be appreciated!

• Minion

Re: Can you suspend an AP?

Quote Originally Posted by h2opolodad View Post
    My daughter is trying to decide whether she should renew her AP or not. It runs out on Sunday, and she would like to renew it immediately. However, she will be spending 4 months abroad studying in England from January through April. So I told her it might be better to wait until she returns. But it got me to thinking, I wonder if there is any sort of system setup for an AP holder who is out of the country and unable to use their pass for a certain period?

Any help or knowledge would be appreciated!
    No. Basically, if she thinks she will visit a few times before she leaves, she may as well renew. I know there are many people who only visit 2-3 times a year with their AP. I can imagine the number of people who would suspend their AP if they couldnt visit for a month, and extend their contract.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The Tomorrowland One

Call the AP Hotline and ask them. I know they set up exceptions for military service commitments and the like. Wouldn't hurt to ask, the worst you can get is an apology about how they don't make exceptions for that.

Oh, and call the actual AP Hotline or Guest Communications, not the general ticketing information line. I'd post the number, but I can't find it right now.

I know that if she is going to do the payment plan, that if the payments aren't being made, then her pass will be blocked out until they are payed. If payed all at once, it can't be cancelled. My friend's cousin moved to California for a couple of months and got a pass, but then ended up moving back to Pennsylvania so when they tried to get rid of the pass, they were told that they had to finish paying for it.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

Thanks, friends, for the advice! She will have to decide whether it is worth it or not.

• Rock Star Minion

She can just go twice as often until January. That way she gets her (your?) money's worth.

OTOH, not having a pass for four months is not the end of the world.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

yeah id say have her wait. there is no way to suspend a pass.. just don't buy it till she gets back