Thread: Early closings?

• We set sail for the sky

Early closings?

Does anyone know why Disneyland is closing at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday, 10/15 and Friday, 10/19 respectively (according to the online Disneyland calendar)? Thank you!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Early closings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    Does anyone know why Disneyland is closing at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday, 10/15 and Friday, 10/19 respectively (according to the online Disneyland calendar)? Thank you!
    Well, I know regular hours are back in effect right now (10 am - 8 pm) during the week. I'm not sure why they are closing so early on a those two specific days though. I guess if they are going to close a little early for special events/maintenance issues now is the time.

They closed at 5 yesterday (9/6) due to the Cast Member Service Awards.

Actually I just called them and asked. They're closing early for Mickey's Halloween Party, on each of those nights. So basically if we want to stay in Disneyland between 7 p.m. and midnight on Friday we have to pay another 64 dollars per person. I've visited the park almost exclusively in October for the past 7 years and I've never run into a situation like this. Maybe I've just been lucky every other time, but it seems... wrong that they should close the park five hours early for one of these events and then charge normal admission.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Actually I just called them and asked. They're closing early for Mickey's Halloween Party, on each of those nights. So basically if we want to stay in Disneyland between 7 p.m. and midnight on Friday we have to pay another 64 dollars per person. I've visited the park almost exclusively in October for the past 7 years and I've never run into a situation like this. Maybe I've just been lucky every other time, but it seems... wrong that they should close the park five hours early for one of these events and then charge normal admission.
    That makes sense. For some reason I didn't put the two and two together. Glad you got an answer at least. Unfortunately, Mickey's Halloween Party is a separate ticketed event and it's kind of shame that folks in the park that have bought tickets on the days they close early can't get at least a discount into the event. Hopefully you can plan your trip around the early closure days.

Monday night is no big deal, but I'm upset about Friday night. That is our last night and we always like to spend it in Disneyland, riding our favorite rides one last time, etc.

• Sock Puppet

Yeahthe closing early is due to Mickey's Halloween Party

Monday night is no big deal, but I'm upset about Friday night. That is our last night and we always like to spend it in Disneyland, riding our favorite rides one last time, etc.
    Same exact thing is happening for our trip. That friday, our last night, is the first Halloween Party. I was originally upset because it meant no Fantasmic! at all during the trip. But, I bit the bullet, bought us all the extra tickets, and we'll enjoy the Halloween show. Gonna sneak into the park that Sunday before just to catch Fantasmic. Yup... I'm using a whole day on our park hoppers just to see Fantasmic because the Halloween Party bumped our chance to see it Friday.

Disney got me.

Quote Originally Posted by pushforth View Post
    Same exact thing is happening for our trip. That friday, our last night, is the first Halloween Party. I was originally upset because it meant no Fantasmic! at all during the trip. But, I bit the bullet, bought us all the extra tickets, and we'll enjoy the Halloween show. Gonna sneak into the park that Sunday before just to catch Fantasmic. Yup... I'm using a whole day on our park hoppers just to see Fantasmic because the Halloween Party bumped our chance to see it Friday.

Disney got me.
    I'm sure they'll get us, too. We'll probably just buy the tickets for the evening and then wait to enter the park until 4. On a positive note, I called up Disneyland just to say that I didn't think it was fair to charge regular admission on the Halloween Party dates, and they are sending me 4 fast passes and VIP tickets for the fireworks and World of Color. I have to say I did not expect that! DL definitely has excellent customer service reps.

• A Weather Eye Open

You say you've been every October for the last 7 years? Well, the last 2 years they have held the Halloween Party in Disneyland and that park has closed early every Tuesday and Friday in October, plus some other days. If it didn't have a negative effect your trips in the past two years, I'm sure it will be fine.

As for charging regular admission... They don't charge more in the summer when fireworks and every show is playing and park hours are 8-12, and less in the fall weekdays when the park is open 10-8. Charging less for limited hours is just not something they do, even if the difference is several hours. ESPECIALLY since most guests will have park hoppers and will be able to enjoy the beautiful new DCA until either 8pm or 11pm those same nights, which is normal hours there.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)