Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomorrowland Expansion

So with Carsland opening up this summer and it really taking off and helping balance out the attendance and crowd issues between DCA and DLR, people are starting to talk about a possible tomorrowland expansion.

I have heard they are planning to remove innoventions, which I wouldn't really care because not enough people go there and I never go there my self. Also rumor that they might take out Autopia.

Does anyone have any further information on these rumors? or even heard of these rumors?
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• Banned User

Re: Tomorrowland Expansion

Ive been hearing these rumors for years, but never anything credible. It seems to be more wishfull thinking. Who knows.

• -

Hopefully whatever they do to expand/renovate Tomorrowland will have one cohesive theme and really tie the entire land together.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

For a land based off Tomorrow....it sure does a bad job feeling high tech...or even like fake 70's version of the future....as of now..it's the most scatteredland in the parks

• ...my first visit to DL

All I keep hearing about the "expansion" of Tomorrowland is what is going to be removed...Innoventions, Autopia, now the Peoplemover, possibly the Submarines. I'll believe that there is going to be an expansion when someone starts talking about what they are going to put IN...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1966 View Post
    All I keep hearing about the "expansion" of Tomorrowland is what is going to be removed...Innoventions, Autopia, now the Peoplemover, possibly the Submarines. I'll believe that there is going to be an expansion when someone starts talking about what they are going to put IN...
    They will probably put in character based attractions that are only loosely themed to tomorrow and will have the story spoon fed to the audience.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They will probably put in character based attractions that are only loosely themed to tomorrow and will have the story spoon fed to the audience.
    Isn't that how all of the attractions are? I can not think of a single attraction besides Tom Sawyer Island where you A are actually a part of the story.

Every ride, pirates, mansion, soarin, racers, peter pan, all of those are rides where you SIT and watch. How do we become a part of the attraction and the story???
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• ...my first visit to DL

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It's probably good not to re-enforce any of their ideas

We have not been to D-land since it's 50th Anniversary and so we are expecting a lot. Seems like there might not be some rides open during Christmas week?

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by D3COY View Post
    Isn't that how all of the attractions are? I can not think of a single attraction besides Tom Sawyer Island where you A are actually a part of the story.

Every ride, pirates, mansion, soarin, racers, peter pan, all of those are rides where you SIT and watch. How do we become a part of the attraction and the story???
    I beg to differ.

Peter Pan may be a sit and watch attraction, but the other ones definitely aren't.

Racers - you are being part of a race, with the characters from Cars getting you ready!

Pirates - you're traversing the waters as pirates duel it out, coming in close contact with cannonballs.

Soaring - you're in a hangglider, flying over California. you are the story.

You can find yourself being part of the story on almost every ride you go on.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I beg to differ.

Peter Pan may be a sit and watch attraction, but the other ones definitely aren't.

Racers - you are being part of a race, with the characters from Cars getting you ready!

Pirates - you're traversing the waters as pirates duel it out, coming in close contact with cannonballs.

Well played Chesire...well played. I was being slightly sarcastic though. I don't believe in being spoon fed lol

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I beg to differ.

Exactly. Although with Pirates now it is also partly a spoon fed "find Jack Sparrow" story now instead of imagining you are part of the pirate world.

• Banned User

The Jack story, while I don't really like it, hardly gives you any information. I wouldn't call that spoon fed by any means. As for Tomorrowland, I'd love to see futuristic movies put in. Wall E is a perfect fit, as is Tron. Original attractions are great too, but Disney's a film studio, so their properties should come first.

I wouldn't say that Pirates makes you part of the story. I do believe that you are a spectator among the pirates. You as a person are never really mentioned, only the the first part of the ride wear the jolly roger warns you about whats ahead. between that and the lift back up is all just you as a spectator.

Haunted Mansion however does in fact make you part of the story. The house lures you in with its beautiful landscape and pristine and well kept house, Once inside you realize the true nature of the Mansion. The Ghost host greets you and takes you on a tour throughout the mansion even to go so far as to accuse you for waking the spirits during madam leottas seance room "The spirits have accepted YOUR sympathetic Vibrations, and are beginning to materialize". at the end the ghost host leaves you with a curse of a ghost following you home.

• Heavy Breather

My Dream Tomorrowland:
    Things that stay-
    Star Tours, Space Mountain, Submarine Voyage(retheme it please).

Things that Must Go-
    Innovention(it just needs to go, it's really depressing), Autopia(If you have an idea for what could go here let me know), Buzz Lightyear(a Wall-E attraction of some kind to go in the space), and finally the PM tracks should be repaired and a TRON attraction will utilize them.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast