Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Update on fantasmic Eels

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    We don't know what is really going on behind closed doors and it's not reasonable to be making so many assumptions that "Disney doesn't care." There are reasons behind everything. It could be budget, priorities, staffing, safety and so on.

Fantasmic is fine the way it is and I agree, people who have seen the show over and over and over and over are the ones that are really complaining. The people who travel to a Disney park for a memorable vacation are the ones Disney is REALLY catering to... not the APs.
    This. Nice post.

Anyone find a video of the performance where the eel failed?

• On Autopilot

I didn't even know they brought the eels back.

Whelp.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Jet skis with huge shells over them... That's the problem. Swamping them
    After reading this with your avatar in my peripherals, all I can imagine is the Jet Skis sounding like Light Cycles... and lit up like them... all on the Rivers of America... at the same speed as F&S moved in the show... I need sleep!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post

The show lasted quite a few years without them, so it's not a key part of the show.
    Um...they were only put in a few years ago. Did you mean months?

---------- Post added 09-13-2012 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    They need to bring back F & J at some point. That's actually one of my favorite parts of the show. I understand leaving them out for a while, but permanently removing them? No excuse for that, they have plenty of time to fix them.
    Exactly! There's NO excuse. They worked several times. Get it together, Disney.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    The show lasted quite a few years without them, so it's not a key part of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Um...they were only put in a few years ago. Did you mean months?
    The show opened in 1992, the eels were added in 2009. So no, I don't think they meant months. The show was fine opening day until '09 without the eels, I'm sure it will be ok now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL
    Sometimes it's not as easy as just "getting it together." You have no idea what the exact reason was for them not returning, other than speculation from the Internet.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I find it funny when people say stuff like this about Disney. With so much going on in the parks and money being what it is (a pain) it's fiscally not possible to fix every little detail within a short amount of time. I could understand the statement if the whole show were suffering from the omission of the eels but, on the contrary, the show is doing wonderfully well without them.

The reality is there are TONS of excuses as to why things don't work... really reasons more than excuses.

Since we're not part of the Disney Parks Team and working on F! personally, all that we have is speculation and subjective opinions. Best to sit back and see what happens. Could be that F & J will be brought back with newer tech that works in the ROA.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Pilot EdForceOne

It's not the first show effect they've ever thrown up their hands on. Some ideas just don't work in the real world and at some point the company owns up to it and moves on.

Fans need to learn to move on too
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

If you've seen Fantasmic! in Florida, you would realize how spoiled we are at Disneyland. The projection domes at World of Color were the result of poor design, not lazy maintenance. If any of you ever get a chance to stay in a hotel room that overlooks the Paradise Pier lagoon, you'll notice workers out there every night working on that mess of fountains. Those techs have a lot of work to do every night. The magic carpet works, but the powers that determine safety at the resort (Disney, OSHA, etc...) are still making decisions, which is never a fast process for a large corporation that operates in our litigious world.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I it feels like its time for Fantsmic to go down for a referbishment for a couple of months why they do an over haul of the show. The ears was a great addition to the show. But it was about every time I saw the show this summer its had one or two problems, but the issues where overcome for the next visit. If they would simply rewire the entire show and upgrade the entire equipment as well as the water floats it would be up to its zenith. At least its not the WDW show...

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I it feels like its time for Fantsmic to go down for a referbishment for a couple of months why they do an over haul of the show. The ears was a great addition to the show. But it was about every time I saw the show this summer its had one or two problems, but the issues where overcome for the next visit. If they would simply rewire the entire show and upgrade the entire equipment as well as the water floats it would be up to its zenith. At least its not the WDW show...
    I believe they just recently did a huge rehab last year when they added the new Murphy dragon. My memory could be way off though but I'm sure it was closed for a couple months. Probably too soon to shut down the show again.

Welcome to Micechat btw

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's not the first show effect they've ever thrown up their hands on. Some ideas just don't work in the real world and at some point the company owns up to it and moves on.

Fans need to learn to move on too

No, you are missing the point.

Disney needs to learn NOT to eliminate features, without offering something better in it's place.

It took WAY too many years for them to find something to replace the F! Ursula float, in the first place.

Disney just won't admit declining by degrees, but when the put they start advertising something else, it's likely guests are getting short changed elsewhere, and that's why guests speak up.

It's not a matter of guests not moving on, it's a matter of a degraded show that Disney decided on.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    No, you are missing the point.

Disney needs to learn NOT to eliminate features, without offering something better in it's place.
    They were an addition.. losing them simply takes you back to where they were prior.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

You must have missed the part where they were replacing the long lost Ursula float.

Either way, it's Disney giving a downgraded show.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    You must have missed the part where they were replacing the long lost Ursula float.

Either way, it's Disney giving a downgraded show.
    Disney never made that association to my knowledge. Just because they were in the same segment doesn't make them replacements. It's like people that insist Pooh's playground 'replaced' 20k.. 20k and Ursela were long gone. They added to this segment, didn't work reliably, so they are shelving it.

IMO - I'm fine when they've made the effort and found it's just not reliable. It frees them to look at the next thing.. not spend all their time and resources on something they've decided is dead-end.

Maybe this segment will get something new in the future.. we shall see.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast