Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody else pick up trash in the park?

I know many of you won't agree, but in my opinion, it's partially the guests' responsibility to pick up their own trash (and others' trash) if they want to continue coming to a clean park.

It shouldn't be necessary to clean up after others, but sometimes it is. Sometimes people just don't understand that it's not other people's job to clean up after them, but unfortunately they don't change.

Also, there's probably a lot of kids who don't know any better and throw their trash on the ground, or maybe people who occasionally leave a cup behind on accident, I've probably mistakenly done something like this before.

When I walk around the park, I pick up any piece of trash I see and throw it in the nearest receptacle. It's a tiny inconvenience to me, and it takes no time out of my day. Pick it up, keep walking toward ride, throw it in the trash I see on the way.

I'm not looking for a Honorary Guest pin (already have one ), or for a custodian to thank me, or for a pat on the back, but it's just my way of giving back to the park that gives me so much happiness and so many memories.

I smile when I see other people doing it, and this is a rare occasion. If you're a germaphobe, I understand, and I don't expect anyone to do this even if you're not. But I wish more people would, because it's so nice to see, and honestly the world would be a much cleaner place if people treated it like Disneyland. It's a cycle. People see a clean park, they continue to uphold a clean park. That's how Walt saw it, anyway.

So, who of you all picks up trash? Or, if you don't, tell us why not

• Disney Magic is a Must

Re: Anybody else pick up trash in the park?

I pick up trash wherever I go. I have no idea what happened in my childhood that being called a "litter bug" was SUCH an awful offense. I want to help others enjoy Disney as much as I do...So I'm willing to help out. I especially want first-timers and children to be in awe of the place. CMs can't be everywhere at once- and they have big jobs, so I don't mind helping. Besides, I think wonderful guests and loving energy is part of what makes Disneyland magical.

Name:  funny-dog-pictures-how-many-times-do-i-have-to-tell-you-that-this-goes-in-the-recycling-bin.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  55.0 KB

I pick up trash a lot in ladies restrooms.
    Also just around the park. I have an ECV with a basket and because I am lower to the ground I find myself collecting trash in my basket then dumping it at the next trash can.

I also have this fear of the term litter bug, it must stem from my mom .....

Give a hoot and don't pollute! Don't be a litterbug! I too pick up trash in and out of the park...and I am always disgusted when Fantasmic is over and people leave their trash all over...so rude. Thta's why ticket prices are always increasing.
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I do but not just at the park , I blame my parents for turning me into a neat freak. For the people that litter im sure thier home looks the same
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
    I pick up trash wherever I go. I have no idea what happened in my childhood that being called a "litter bug" was SUCH an awful offense. I want to help others enjoy Disney as much as I do...So I'm willing to help out. I especially want first-timers and children to be in awe of the place. CMs can't be everywhere at once- and they have big jobs, so I don't mind helping. Besides, I think wonderful guests and loving energy is part of what makes Disneyland magical.

Name:  funny-dog-pictures-how-many-times-do-i-have-to-tell-you-that-this-goes-in-the-recycling-bin.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  55.0 KB
    I love this picture! My sentiments exactly! I pick up trash in the park because Disneyland's cleanliness is something that I genuinely appreciate, and I'm glad to help do my part in maintaining the beauty of the park.

I also live in a resort town in the mountains within walking distance of some beautiful hiking trails. It's awful how much trash you can come across on the trails, particularly water bottles. I normally try to pick them up when I see them. And don't get me started on how disgusting the shore of the lake is. It's really disheartening to see how much trash collects there. I've participated in our town's annual lake clean-up several times to do my part in perserving the beauty of my town, but I just wish that more people could realize the consequences of their laziness or thoughtlessness.

Haha! I do! I am amazed how piggly places can get when it gets really crowded! I feel that a clean part is all part of the magic. You cant just pollute the happiest place on earth! I mean, its not like a high school campus or anything! Keep it clean, because it is pretty to begin with.

good job guys! i knew we were all awesome here!

• Banned User

I'm in the minority here, but I definitely don't do this. There are plenty of custodians, I don't go to Disneyland to work. I never really notice any excessive trash anyway. Also, if I were ever to do this, is definitely wouldn't be in the bathroom. Ewwwww

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I would pick it up if I am alone, since going with friends and family would question me about why should I pick it up since they already have custodians that do the job for us and they would say it is dirty.

It doesn't matter, I would still want to do it. Since some cast members cannot go inside the queue to clean up the trash, unless they do want to. Like I remember talking with one when she is going to up the line with us.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

• Nutty about Disney parks

I swore that I once heard a story while in the CP that Walt would pick up trash in Disneyland whenever he saw litter in the park. A CM noticed this and got into a debate with Walt to the point where the CM got fired. I guess the lesson to take from that was that everyone in the park (guests included) should do our share to keep the park clean. Custodial CMs can only do so much in the parks as it is.

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Whenever I see someone throw trash on the ground I pick it up and shake it my fist at them.

• Minion

Only my own trash. Everyone else should be responsible for their own trash. If they aren't, then that is when CMs come into action to clean up after those lazy, careless guests.

• Banned User

Exactly. We're paying their salaries, I'm not doing the work. I'm there for fun and relaxation.

• Still Dizzy

I don't go out of my way too, but if I notice something (especially in a queue), I'll pick it up to throw it away.

My mom was a custodial CM so I can't help but try to make their jobs easier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast