Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former CM

Aladdin's 10,000th Performance!

Through the past 10 years, cast changes, refurbs, and crazy accidents Aladdin has become a staple of a day in California Adventure. Today it surpassed a new milestone of 10,000 performances! Just wanted to say Thank You and Congratulations to all of the cast and crew, past and present, for all their hard work!

"A genie grants 3 wishes, but today, we've been granted 10,000.! Thank you to everyone here for the 10,000th performance of Aladdin, A Musical Spectacular on September 8th, 2012 at the 2:25 pm performance at Disney California Adventure!"

Name:  539517_10151203564380731_126701275_n.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  98.1 KB

Anyone else get to enjoy today's show! Even with the carpet missing, there was some extra magic and energy in the air! It was definitely a good time!

• Under that tree again!

Re: Aladdin's 10,000th Performance!

There is a little blurb and a lot of comment aboutt his event in this link. Posted about 3pm on the Pacific Coast.

https://www.facebook.com/DCAToday

Great Show, I was suprised that it was only half full....

The carpet had a bunch of friends in the front row. Here she High Fives her buddy from High School.

Genie: "Poof you are the Sultan, This has not worked for you nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine times"

i was there for the 10001 show (4:45). just missed 10k

• Disneyland History Lover

We saw the 9,999th show.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Great show....going to miss it when it leaves...the Genie is just going to be the hardest thing to replace

• Knight that says Nee!!

I love the show! I am so glad it made it's 10K mark!

• Thinking about doughnuts

• film975

I'm so glad that Russ Marchand was able to perform for the 10,000th show. He's the best Genie! Hopefully the show will go on for another 10,000 more.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We were front row center for that historic 10,000 performance. It was a great show!
    It seemed like several of the actors really ramped up the performances for this historic show, especially Jafar and Genie. Genie was so owning it (as usual..lol). We liked the speech at the beginning, not too long but completely fitting. The 9,999 line by Genie was a hoot. And he was very acrobatic. Many people (including my family) gave the performers a standing ovation and as the curtain dropped for the final time, Genie was walking on his hands! This Jasmin is not my fav, and actually this is the first time we have seen her (we have not been to the show in a several months). She sang wonderfully, but she was a little quiet with her speaking lines. They have changed the revamped carpet scene again since our last viewing. It is more awkward than ever, but this particular show had this aura about it that made all these things seem ok. No matter how many times I see it, I am always amazed that I am watching a show of this caliber at an amusement park (even Disney!). All in all my 6 year old, who has seen it numerous times, still loves it. And so do her parents.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

I was also at the 10,000th performance.

Seemed like the Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie were all performers who were part of the original rotation of Aladdin. I seemed to remember them from years ago, but had not seen them (the Aladdin and Jasmine) for some time.

Nice little speech at the beginning and great standing ovation by the crowd at the end.

I really hope the rumor is true that they are bringing back the flying carpet. If so, then Aladdin will definitely once again be one of my favorite things to do at DCA. Heck, it still is one of my favorite things to do at DCA.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Awesome! Unfortunately I just missed this show by a day. =(

I did have to laugh at the "carpet" scene as there was too much fog this time and you couldn't see any of the actors as they came up from under the stage with the "Now I'm in a whole new world with youuuuu!"

• Dave

Blog Entries

The times I have been to the park have yet to see this attraction. In the opinion of those who have seen it, is it worth seeing?
    Dave

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    The times I have been to the park have yet to see this attraction. In the opinion of those who have seen it, is it worth seeing?
    Yes. It's one of the best shows Disney has ever done.

• Dave

Blog Entries

How long is it? From the sounds of it it is one of the few good DCA original attractions
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast