Crowds Levels Week After New Years

I was hoping that the collective wisdom would be available to educate me on the crowd levels expected for 1/2 - 1/6. I have looked at Touring Plans and other crowd predictors, but wanted some on the ground experience information. Holidays extend through the 6th, black out dates for the two lower passes are in effect through Saturday so is there a decent chance that the crowds will drop off?

We normally make our trip the at the end of the second week through the second week end of December and have found this week/weekend quite manageable. What are the thoughts of the collective voice of Micechat?

• Silent Lucidity

Re: Crowds Levels Week After New Years

When my daughter was younger, we would plan our annual DL vacation for that period following Christmas break, after schools start back up... Same reason we are flying out tomorrow, after schools have started in fall.

My fear is that since the First is on Tuesday, schools are still out the rest of the week, crowd levels will be high, especially with Carsland now open...

The week after New Year's is usually one of our favorite times to go. The holiday events are still in full swing but it's much less crowded then the 2 weeks before that. It's still crowded, but nothing like the week between Christmas and New Years.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by folsom View Post
    I
    We normally make our trip the at the end of the second week through the second week end of December and have found this week/weekend quite manageable. What are the thoughts of the collective voice of Micechat?
    I think you mean during the third week of December. In that case you may find it a little more busy going after New Years Day. Prepare yourself that it's going to be bad.

• Minion

It will be very busy at least through the 4th. We are there every year through the 3rd, and it is still very crowded through the 3rd. Many Rose Bowlers stick around after the game and go to the park for a few days. It isn't as bad as the week between Christmas and NY, but it is still as bad, if not worse than Summer crowds. And expect it to be worse than normal because a lot of people are going to be thinking Cars Land will have died down and it will be a good time to go. You have no idea the number of times I hear "I didn't think it would be crowded, I thought people would be home with their families for Christmas" each year.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.