Cool Need Help Planning a B-Day Surprise for 12yo son!

Hi all. We are planning a trip to DL & DCA in the next few weeks for my son's 12th birthday. His 9yo brother will be with my wife and I as well as another family of four with similarly aged girls. He knows that he's going but for the big day but I was hoping to put a little extra Disney fun into the weekend. Other than getting him a birthday button at Town Hall what kind of fun surprises would you recommend? I was thinking something like a scavenger hunt to find a birthday present or two maybe but I'm not exactly sure how to pull that off. If you have any ideas on how to make his time even more fun please post. Thanks!

• Cast Member

Re: Need Help Planning a B-Day Surprise for 12yo son!

There's a couple really cool ways to make a birthday a million times better. For starters you could eat at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. The food is amazing and the characters will come out and talk to you. They'll even sign your table cloth for you.(You can rip it off and take it home) You can also go to City Hall and ask for a birthday call for your son and Goofy will sing Happy Birthday to him. You can also call the Dream Makers' hotline and ask them what they can do to make his birthday that much more special. And if you want to do a scavenger hunt partner up with a Cast Member once you get to the Resort to find out what they can do. (I'm not sure if they would be able to pull something like that off, but it never hurts to ask. Plus it's Disney, so something like that has no doubt come up before)

Disney Dream Makers webpage: Gift Ideas & Celebrations | Special Occasions | Disneyland Resort
    The webpage includes some things they can do and their phone number. Ask about a scavenger hunt while talking with them. They may know more about something like that.

Happy Hunting
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - ​Walt Disney