Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,351

    Smile One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    My husband just got the devastating news that he was not the candidate selected for a job he has applied at (and thought he has a good shot at). My immediate thought it... Lets get the heck out of here and back to our happy place. We passed our dating anniversary of ten years (been together since high school) with no major "hurrah", why not celebrate out upcoming wedding anniversary in DLR?! Plus hopefully get the grump forced out of him with some youthful adventure.

    I've started a list of things we're never really done on our prior trips. Our number ones are not really possible, but the next set seems plausible: Ride in the Lilly Belle, ride in the tender seat, and ride in the wheelhouse on the Mark Twain. We also intend to hit some of the shows and rides that we often look over when we have other people with us.

    Does anyone know the best way to get these experiences to happen? What were your experiences? What "off the beaten path" experience have you had? Yes, I would LOVE to dine in Club 33 or stay a night in the dream suite, but I fully understand the reality of either of those happening. Kudos to those who have, I am incredibly envious!

    As always, any stories, opinions, and advice are welcomed and appreciated!!

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Sorry to hear the disappointing job news. The best way to ride the tender seat and the LB is to go the very first thing in the morning to the main street station and ask there if they have any registrations. The Mark Twain is easy--just ask when you get there. No need to rush or make a special trip. You can also sit in Walt's box at the Golden Horseshoe, just head straight there when you get in. If you have the money you could take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour that now allows you to see Walt's apartment.

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    20

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Go on a tour! They are super fun! When are you going?
    Mandy

  4. #4

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,448

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    This is pricy, but if you do during short hours and have time to spend in the room.

    Fairy Tale Suite at the Disneyland Hotel Disney Parks Blog

    It was about $750 per night.

  5. #5

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    If you're going for one day & night, celebrate the future in and around DCA. Start on Toy Story Mania--twice. Ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in the non-swinging car, have a drink at the Cove Bar, draw pictures of a Disney character in the Animation building, go Soarin', see Aladdin, eat at the Napa Rose (and save money for this by staying at the Paradise Pier or ???) walk around Carsland as it gets dark, see World of Color, have a drink at Trader Sam's. . . That's all I got. Don't try to do too much. Disney Resort experiences don't have to be exclusive (like Club 33, Walt's box in the Golden Horseshoe Review, the Green Room pass for Aladdin, or the Lilly Belle) to be wonderful.

  6. #6

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Sorry to hear the disappointing job news. The best way to ride the tender seat and the LB is to go the very first thing in the morning to the main street station and ask there if they have any registrations. The Mark Twain is easy--just ask when you get there. No need to rush or make a special trip. You can also sit in Walt's box at the Golden Horseshoe, just head straight there when you get in. If you have the money you could take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour that now allows you to see Walt's apartment.
    Thank you for your thoughts on the job situation. I'm hoping it will change soon, in the meantime I'm going to take advantage of his flexible schedule! You know of all the times I've been to DLR, I've never been into the Horseshoe? I just added going into Walt's box there to the list of must do's!! Thank you so much for the information!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    If you're going for one day & night, celebrate the future in and around DCA. Start on Toy Story Mania--twice. Ride Mickey's Fun Wheel in the non-swinging car, have a drink at the Cove Bar, draw pictures of a Disney character in the Animation building, go Soarin', see Aladdin, eat at the Napa Rose (and save money for this by staying at the Paradise Pier or ???) walk around Carsland as it gets dark, see World of Color, have a drink at Trader Sam's. . . That's all I got. Don't try to do too much. Disney Resort experiences don't have to be exclusive (like Club 33, Walt's box in the Golden Horseshoe Review, the Green Room pass for Aladdin, or the Lilly Belle) to be wonderful.
    You've got my whole trip planned for me! Fabulous! I will definitely be trying to do these things. We've never seen the Aladdin show, so that one I really want to hit. What is the Green Room pass?

    ---------- Post added 09-11-2012 at 10:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    Go on a tour! They are super fun! When are you going?
    I keep thinking about doing the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, but I will probably save that for one of my good friends to join in on. Have you done it?? We are going to be arriving October 4th, early enough to get most of the day in the parks, then we will leave October 5th after spending the first half of the day at the parks.

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This is pricy, but if you do during short hours and have time to spend in the room.

    Fairy Tale Suite at the Disneyland Hotel Disney Parks Blog

    It was about $750 per night.
    I hadn't heard of this!! It will have to wait until our job situation is a little more favorable, and maybe a longer trip so we do have time to hang out in the room, but this is being added to my "Someday (SOON!)" list!! Thank you!

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    778

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Ride your favorite rides, eat your favorite treats.

  8. #8

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Ride your favorite rides, eat your favorite treats.
    I think this is the best plan I've heard so far! Hehe

  9. #9

    • former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Cal. via Milw. & Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,007

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    You've got my whole trip planned for me! Fabulous! I will definitely be trying to do these things. We've never seen the Aladdin show, so that one I really want to hit. What is the Green Room pass? . . .
    The Green Room Pass to Aladdin is a rare & special treat. First go backstage with the day's stage manager, hear his brief pep talk to the cast. Then watch the show backstage, then take a tour of the theater & back stage areas, and watch the show again front and center. After the show, enjoy a glass of champagne and meet the cast, including the show's Genie.





    Please note: I just made up the Green Room Pass. I like making stuff up! My bad.

  10. #10

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    The Green Room Pass to Aladdin is a rare & special treat. First go backstage with the day's stage manager, hear his brief pep talk to the cast. Then watch the show backstage, then take a tour of the theater & back stage areas, and watch the show again front and center. After the show, enjoy a glass of champagne and meet the cast, including the show's Genie.





    Please note: I just made up the Green Room Pass. I like making stuff up! My bad.
    I was totally like "OMG! How do I get this?!" Yep. I'm a sucker! Haha

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,204

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I was totally like "OMG! How do I get this?!" Yep. I'm a sucker! Haha
    LOL me too! I was like "HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS???"

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    202

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    The only time I have gotten to ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, I had a cute 5 year old with me. The answer has been 'no' every other time I've asked. I recommend you rent a 5 year old.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

  13. #13

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,351

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    LOL me too! I was like "HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS???"
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Haha

    Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    The only time I have gotten to ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain, I had a cute 5 year old with me. The answer has been 'no' every other time I've asked. I recommend you rent a 5 year old.
    Do they have a place to rent cute 5 year olds in Disneyland? I wouldn't be surprised! I suppose I could always check Craigslist...

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    711

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    Napa Rose. Ask for the chef's counter and/or Saucy. Spend 2-3 hours wining and dining. Siiiiigh.

  15. #15

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,290

    Re: One night anniversary trip to DLR - what would you do?

    My parents went for one day and one night for their 25th anniversary back in the 90's. From what I heard about it they did Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and had dinner at the Blue Bayou. The rest of the time they hung around the hotel. I think they got a suite at the Disneyland Hotel.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.








Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas Tree Anniversary Trip Report - DLR 12/21
    By Disneyland Daddy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 11:57 AM
  2. What would you want as a third gate at DLR?
    By pianoman13 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:00 PM
  3. What would you do if you were in charge of food in DLR?
    By nish221 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 08:47 PM
  4. If you had one more day at Disneyland, what would you do?
    By Junthor in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 10:33 AM
  5. One Park In One Day - What Would You Pick?
    By SoCal in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 09:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •