• Unhelpful User

Sad How 9/11 affected Disneyland that day and what could of been?

First my thoughts and prayers to all the families of 9/11, what an Erie morning that awful day seeing the historic twin towers burning burned down to the ground in new York , I can't Imagine how the people of new York felt that day seeing the beloved city burned down , on that day I rememberEd about our local land marks such as DL and other parts of the city and thought
    theres no way DL is opening they shouldn't , for other parks such as Wdw which were already open was too late I can't imagine having a great time at Disneyland that day and I commend DL for closing that day not only for safety reasons but for the victims of 9/11

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: How 9/11 affected Disneyland that day and what could of been?

This was posted really recently here by someone else on MiceChat. I thought it was worth another repost..

9/11 at Disneyland, - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It was bad for business for most traveling, I remember going two weeks after 9/11 and ALL ride's were walk on's, went on Big Thunder over 10 times without waiting

I remember hearing about Disneyland not opening that day. That kinda caught me off guard because who would ever think to do something evil to the happiest place on earth?

I had just turned 18 a few days before the 9-11-2001 terrorist attacks. It woke me up. It introduced me to the real world. And to this day, I still get emotional about it. Not necessarily just because of the tragic loss, but mostly because how everyone dropped their differences that day and the weeks following and really pulled together. Politics meant nothing. There wasn't much hate to be found in this country. While the circumstances were extraordinarily tragic, our reaction was nothing short of magical.

But more to the point of this thread, I found another thread on the same topic for anyone interested:
    Disneyland on 9-11?

---------- Post added 09-11-2012 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    This was posted really recently here by someone else on MiceChat. I thought it was worth another repost..

9/11 at Disneyland, - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More
    wow - that's a very good read. thanks for reposting!!

• Blew By You

The one thing I remember was that Americans were not allowing themselves to have fun again. There were memorials after memorials, documentaries, 24 hour news, etc, about the events during the first week or two following. President Bush basically had to say don't let them win by giving in to their tactics. So theme parks, sporting events, cultural events, and other leisure activities became necessities.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    The one thing I remember was that Americans were not allowing themselves to have fun again. There were memorials after memorials, documentaries, 24 hour news, etc, about the events during the first week or two following. President Bush basically had to say don't let them win by giving in to their tactics. So theme parks, sporting events, cultural events, and other leisure activities became necessities.
    Yes. I think people genuinely felt BAD for resuming any kind of FUN. I did this to myself after my Dad passed away. But life does go on and President Bush was right... if you alter your life because of their actions, in a way, they win.

I am glad Disney opted to open their parks on 9-12-2001.