• Mischievous Mouse

WOC reservations on a weeknight Sept. 17-21, is it even necessary?

Whe it was new to us, 2 years ago, we reserved the picnic lunch, but we plan on seeing it in the week, and see F! and FW on the weekends. (btw, is the weekend shows and weekday show any different?)

Thanks

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: WOC reservations on a weeknight Sept. 17-21, is it even necessary?

As long as you know you'll be in DCA reasonably early (morning through mid-afternoonish) to get FPs from the GRR machines, you should be fine. The advantage of the picnics is to guarantee you a FP when you know you'll be arriving later or when you're not sure when you'll get there. Also, it has been reported that the picnic FPs get earlier entry to the viewing area than the regular FPs -- but at a non-peak time, that may not be a huge advantage. Picnic FPs are reported to be Yellow. If you really want Blue, go to the machines in the morning, since Blue is supposed to be the first FP color given out.

As far as I know, the WOC show is the same weekdays and weekends. Since you last saw it, a "Brave" segment has been added.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by PascalGal View Post
    As long as you know you'll be in DCA reasonably early (morning through mid-afternoonish) to get FPs from the GRR machines, you should be fine. The advantage of the picnics is to guarantee you a FP when you know you'll be arriving later or when you're not sure when you'll get there. Also, it has been reported that the picnic FPs get earlier entry to the viewing area than the regular FPs -- but at a non-peak time, that may not be a huge advantage. Picnic FPs are reported to be Yellow. If you really want Blue, go to the machines in the morning, since Blue is supposed to be the first FP color given out.

As far as I know, the WOC show is the same weekdays and weekends. Since you last saw it, a "Brave" segment has been added.
    Thanks!! very helpful.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Can someone confirm that Picnic fastpasses get early entry over regular WOC fastpasses. That wasn`t the case the last time I did WOC. Also, when they tried to give me a yellow section with my picnic , I asked for blue because I wanted the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Can someone confirm that Picnic fastpasses get early entry over regular WOC fastpasses. That wasn`t the case the last time I did WOC. Also, when they tried to give me a yellow section with my picnic , I asked for blue because I wanted the bridge.
    There have been posts on another board's superthread that a separate line for picnic FPs was in place starting around April/May. Other posts on that thread have confirmed that throughout the summer. I did ask a WOC CM who confirmed the picnic entrance (but we all know to take WOC CMs' info with a grain of salt!). The several posters on that superthread said that they were unable to get a blue FP with a picnic over the summer. Don't know if that is policy now or if they just ran out of blue FPs that day.

Can you name the other board. I`d like to read it. If that`s not allowed here then please send a personal message. Thanks

Here is the link: World of Color Superthread - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
    In case that doesn't work, you can also find it by googling World of Color Superthread. The first post about the separate picnic line is somewhere around page 40 or 41.

• -

For the best viewing, get a meal on the dining plan. The preferred viewing area can't be beat.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Thank you

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    For the best viewing, get a meal on the dining plan. The preferred viewing area can't be beat.
    That may be your opinion.

You can of course get viewing next to and in front of those sections with the free FPs. Some can argue thier opinion that that is much better viewing.

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

The several posters on that superthread said that they were unable to get a blue FP with a picnic over the summer. Don't know if that is policy now or if they just ran out of blue FPs that day.
    Disney added a seperate lunch package at Wine country Trattoria. When they did this that lunch package came with Blue Zone FPs. At that time the Picnics changed to Yellow Zone FPs only. This is how it currenly operates.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

You can of course get viewing next to and in front of those sections with the free FPs. Some can argue thier opinion that that is much better viewing.

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

Disney added a seperate lunch package at Wine country Trattoria. When they did this that lunch package came with Blue Zone FPs. At that time the Picnics changed to Yellow Zone FPs only. This is how it currenly operates.
    Thanks for clarifying that. And totally agree about the Preferred Dining option not being best for everyone.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post

Would you be in the water? The last time I did this, the preferred dining section was dead center and went all the way to the railing. There was no seating in front of it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Preferred seating with the WOC dinners puts you up front in the "wet zone" not exactly what everyone wants especially during the fall/winter months when it's a bit more chilly in the evenings. If you do a dinner early enough you can then head to WOC early and get seating away from the wet zone but then you are on the borders of the FP area..so early either way would get you pretty much the same viewing area..although I thought that WOC was now just split into two areas instead of 3 as it had been previously.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Preferred seating with the WOC dinners puts you up front in the "wet zone" not exactly what everyone wants especially during the fall/winter months when it's a bit more chilly in the evenings. If you do a dinner early enough you can then head to WOC early and get seating away from the wet zone but then you are on the borders of the FP area..so early either way would get you pretty much the same viewing area..although I thought that WOC was now just split into two areas instead of 3 as it had been previously.
    It is still 3 sections: Blue, Yellow, and Preferred Dining.