• Disneyman

Davey Crockett Canoes Question

I'll be at the resort from September 25-28. I noticed that the canoes will be down for refurb for a couple of days next week. My sister called me today (her family is coming with us) and she said that last year when they went at the end of September, they wanted to ride the canoes but a cast member told her that during the off-season they only operate on weekends. Is that true, or can we expect them to be open during that week? The refurb thing kind of threw me off (if what she said is true) because it makes it sound as if they are always open, even on weekdays. Otherwise, why bother putting it on the schedule at all, rather than just refurbishing it during the week? I have the feeling that they'll be open, but I wanted to confirm it. Anyone know?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Re: Davey Crockett Canoes Question

That is true they only operate on high capacity days. So while they show closed, they wouldn't be running anyway.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That is true they only operate on high capacity days. So while they show closed, they wouldn't be running anyway.
    That's unfortunate. My sister's family has always wanted to try them. Oh well.

• Disneyman

Wait, so does that mean the canoes will be open on Friday, the 28th, before the Halloween party?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Wait, so does that mean the canoes will be open on Friday, the 28th, before the Halloween party?
    It very possible but not a sure thing. Fridays aren't a truely busy day, usually a slow morning, ok, afternoon and busy evening. Of course in the evening even though the park is busy RoA attractions close for Fantasmic!, and in the 28th's case Mickey's Halloween Party.

Many attractions don't operate or operate slower during slow days. For example Aladdin doesn't run on some Wednesday's and Thursdays to give the Cast and Crew a weekend. S.S. Columbia doesn't run. Screaming and Big Thunder will have less trains running. Boats can be pulled out of some flume rides. They can not run every screen on Star Tours or rarely Soaring over California. Doing this allows a lot of maintenance to go on without closing attractions. It does have an adverse effect of lowering capacity and creating bigger lines.

I'm not sure how Soarin' of California works. Aren't all 3 sets of seats using the same screen? Why wouldn't they fill the ride as much as possible?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    I'm not sure how Soarin' of California works. Aren't all 3 sets of seats using the same screen? Why wouldn't they fill the ride as much as possible?
    Soarin has two rides in the same building. Next time you ride it, note if you go left or right when going down the ramp in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Doing this allows a lot of maintenance to go on without closing attractions.

I use to be a trainer on that attraction and it use to be open year around but only on weekends. The past resort president stated she wanted it to be open at a minum of two days a week. And if high volume then the whole week. Like holiday weeks; they have to be running.

---------- Post added 10-22-2012 at 05:22 PM ----------

sorry about the typo! Hard to type from a phone.