Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Pirate Girl

Thumbs up Columbia Remade Into The Black Pearl & Pirates Event

Ahoy all,

I was at Pin Trading Night at DL last night. We were talking about the upcoming Pirates event. Yes, we were told that there will be a Pirates event in July this year! Yea!! I am SO there! Anyway someone mentioned how cool it would be if they remade the Columbia into The Black Pearl! I think that is a fabulous idea! I am not too keen on them adding Capt. Jack Sparrow into my beloved Pirates Of The Caribbean attraction. But I think it would be awesome to do the ship thing. What do you think?

Thanks. See you at DL tomorrow,

Aprille :-)

• Small Projects Team

Re: Columbia Remade Into The Black Pearl & Pirates Event

That sounds like a cool idea, but wouldn't it be better if they built the black pearl seperately and then battled the two ships. Assuming Disney wants to spend some money that is...

• What have I done?

I think that would be a sweet idea. Dont know why Disney didnt think of it for the premiere of the first film! However I think they wouldnt do it because of Fantasmic.

"This guy!"

• What have I done?

I think that would be a sweet idea. Dont know why Disney didnt think of it for the premiere of the first film! However I think they wouldnt do it because of Fantasmic.

"This guy!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Considering the trip that Columbia takes, I don't think it would really fit. Maybe if it was temporary or something, but I wouldn't like it if it was permanent...not with the additions that are going into the ride at the same time, considering that the Black Pearl will technically be in the Pirates of the Caribbean show building.

The visuals that you see while onboard the Columbia are what really need tending >_<

• Still wants to be a cat!

The Premiere for the Pirates of the Carribean is being held at DL, Johnny included....who knows what surprise that might bring. Private invitation only I would imagine. Ships battleing in the Rivers of America would be GREAT, but they have the screen set up right in front of that are for the Premiere.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    The Premiere for the Pirates of the Carribean is being held at DL, Johnny included....who knows what surprise that might bring. Private invitation only I would imagine. Ships battleing in the Rivers of America would be GREAT, but they have the screen set up right in front of that are for the Premiere.
    The merchandise event is set to coincide with the premiere of the movie and the opening of the updated attraction. Plan for the highest dollar package to have limited access to the premiere. As with any event, especially anything planned by Martha, realize it can change on a whim and a moments notice.

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

i think that maybe another ship made as the Black Pearl either everyday with props inside or something like that

Ok, which ship are we talking about? The Sailing Ship Columbia that travels along the Rivers of America, or the ship in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. I think if they do it to the Sailing Ship Columbia, then that's a bad idea. It wouldn't really fit with Fantasmic! at all. Captain Hook and his crew were not on a cursed ship and it wasn't black.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for the ship on the attraction, though.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I think if they dressed up the Columbia as the Black Pearl for the debut of "Dead Man's Chest" and maybe for a month after the new movie and the updated attraction are out would be really cool.

I wonder how much the merchandise event will be for the "Dead Man's Chest" will cost and how many price levels there will be. I'd better start saving up!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I think if they dressed up the Columbia as the Black Pearl for the debut of "Dead Man's Chest" and maybe for a month after the new movie and the updated attraction are out would be really cool.
    This would be fine for me. A good month for promotions.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• No marbles to begin with!

Anyone remember the free show in front of Treasure Island in Las Vegas before they changed it to something else? The pirate ship was docked and the english ship moved over and they began fighting. then eventually the english ship began to sink. I thought something like that would be intereting. I don't think it will work in the Rivers of America but i thought it was great.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Former Disney Imagineers made the sinking ship. I enjoyed that pirate show. Now they turned Treasure Island to just "TI" to make it more adult. And the show replacement is lame compared to what was there before. Are people even waiting to his this show??

Oh, I highly doubt a sinking ship could go in Rivers of America. It would be cool, though!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    That sounds like a cool idea, but wouldn't it be better if they built the black pearl seperately and then battled the two ships. Assuming Disney wants to spend some money that is...
    Where would they park a third ship when it's not in use. As it is, the Columbia takes up the only space in Fowlers Harbor, and the only time it can approach the dock is when the Mark Twain is out on the river.

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

^There is storage they could use for it when its not being used. That or make it a regular attraction like the Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast