Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

I went on it last Halloween and wasn't too impressed, but it's a nice change from the normal Space Mountain. It just needs some effects in the queue.

• Minion

I find the sound effects outside the mountain quite eerie.....along the roof of the mountain...are they still the same?

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    Ugh... so still you can see the "monster" effects from a mile away,, or have they at least replaced the projectors with some that can do a true blackout? I never found the effects to be well done.

Personally I think it would work better in complete darkness, just to have a light effect at the end.
    that is something that would be great in darkness.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    People line up for it because they're good rides, not because they don't feel there's room for improvement. People eat at Pizza Port too, don't they?
    They are....just why not add more? Or change it up? Would not ruin the rides to make them different now and then...HMH has been running for over ten years could us something new besides the Ginger bread house and Ghost Galaxy while I great ride...Q need some work and they need to make it so the projections lines don't show seems like some fair comments on both rides

• Down Pluto!

If it is the same as previous years - meh. It was not great, but more importantly - it was not bad. It was not oppressive and did not divert greatly from the ride experience.

It was subtle enough to not kill Space Mountain for those who do not enjoy being smothered in Halloween.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• some assembly required

Random strobe lights for each rocket in the first lift would help fix the projection issue... maybe.

This stobe effect is used to make darkness "more dark" on a few other rides (to make other lighting effects work better following the strobe and/or hide certain aspects), why not SMGG? I say "maybe" b/c the effect on your eyes may go away by the time you are part-way thru the ride. I am just not sure how long the average person reacts to this effect.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Haven't been on it for awhile with the overlay... to be honest I was paying more attention to the effects on the outside of the mountain... but I always wear my sunglasses ON the ride to make it darker. Would this help the interior effects you are all discussing? (Mental note to self to pay more attention when I go next month).
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

•   
    • Minion

I really love the effects on the outside of the mountain. The overlay itself? Honestly, I detest it. Detest it. As much as I love Halloween Time I really wish they would have left Space Mountain alone.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by tensixmom View Post
    Haven't been on it for awhile with the overlay... to be honest I was paying more attention to the effects on the outside of the mountain... but I always wear my sunglasses ON the ride to make it darker. Would this help the interior effects you are all discussing? (Mental note to self to pay more attention when I go next month).
    Several ppl said yes in another thread. I have yet to do this. I will try it next week!!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Silent Lucidity

We went on it for the first time last Friday; twice. We enjoyed the change, but I was wondering why the attraction needed to be down for so long. Seems like the only change was the soundtrack and some projections; am I missing something?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^it went down for less then a week....so I would not say that was long....4 years ago when they added the new system it went down for a month but since then it's only been going down for a week every year (I think they also do some maintenance since it's down anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    I find the sound effects outside the mountain quite eerie.....along the roof of the mountain...are they still the same?
    I was there thursday night , just in case it soft opened, and they were testing the exterior sound effects throughout the night. It was very creepy.

My wife calls it the "Shrieking Shack" version of the ride... I love it. Great crossover/HP reference. XD

I wasn't impressed with 'Ghost Galaxy'. I honestly expected more then just a few cheesy projections and 120 db music blaring in your ears. I guess I thought the entire queue would be decorated.

I'm still impressed with 'Space Mountain' but 'Ghost Galaxy' was lame.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I rode it last year but haven't this year yet and probably won't this year because I only go with my 8 year old who hasn't even rode regular SM yet. But last year, it was a bit scary for me. The mixture of the creepy music with that big red blob devil thing coming at you while you are riding was creepy.
    But I am a certified wimp when it comes to scary things. I don't do scary movies or even scary video games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast