Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My Trip to SoCal (Sept 8th-14th)

Quote Originally Posted by radiatorsprings View Post
    Thank you for the trip report. Can't wait to see more. You have a lovely and pretty smile by the way.
    Thank you!!

• Future Imagineer!!

I look forward to more! This is such a great TR! Glad you had a great time!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

We decided to use our Magic Morning on our 4th and final day to make it our longest day in the parks.

The first thing we did was head straight for Peter Pan...

Then hung around and did most of the other rides in Fantasyland!

All that took a little less than an hour, so we rushed over to star tours before general opening...

Then it was time for a delicious breakfast at Carnation Cafe! I ordered Oscar's Choice

Esmerelda

Next I stopped by Aladdin's Oasis...

We were going to ride big thunder but the wait was 20+ min long already and we didn't want to wait for it, so we went over to Buzz instead.

Clearly I suck horribly at this game!

Next Stop: GIBSON GIRL for ice cream!!

I got rainbow sherbet! yuummmmy!

After that refreshing treat, we headed to DCA in hopes to get our FP situation for RSR the previous night straightened out...We felt it was only right for them to accommodate us with a new pass since the ride never opened in the time we could've used it.

We spoke with Joseph in guest relations and he eventually collected our original 4 FP's and gave us one that was good for 4 people and could be used at 2pm.

So, in the meantime we started heading for Grizzly but stopped to watch a few minutes of Minnie's Fly Girls!

Grizzly was broken down when we got over there and they said probly at least an hour before it's running again So we headed for Cars Land (around 1:30) to hang out while waiting for our 2:00 FP time. But get this!! The ride was down when we got over there!

On the bright side, we finally got to see MATER!!!

Watched a little bit of DJ's Dance n Drive to kill some time...

RSR was still not running by our 2:00 FP time, but they said they would take those passes later. So we decided to go take one last ride on Soarin...As you can probly tell, we really like that ride, but they NEEEED to do something about those screens! One seemed to be worse than the other.

At that point, my parents had to go back to the hotel to do the web-check-in for our flight the next day, so I went over to Disneyland solo to get some more pictures and my Bengal skewer and frozen lemonade I had been craving!

I couldn't believe how little the skewer was!!! I remember they used to be so much bigger! It was still good though! :P

I missed Indy so much this trip!

Maybe I can work here after I graduate next year?

I headed back to DCA to meet the fam so we could see about using our FP.. The ride was finally back up and running and when we got up to the cast member taking the passes-her name was HEATHER-she immediately turned us away saying that pass was no good, it's for handicapped guests only. We were FURIOUS! Despite the fact that it was from guest relations, Joseph had signed his name on it, she had the worst attitude, was rude, refused to call up there, and just brushed us off. So-extremely unconveniently- back to guest relations we went. This time we spoke to Sharon of all the hassel we've been through to get this pass only to be treated like crap by HEATHER...Sharon was extrememly nice, probly the nicest CM we came across in DCA, and did her job right. Turns out Heather really should've taken that pass coming from guest relations, but Sharon gave us a different one that they would have to accept, and also gave us an additional pass for another ride in the park of our choice (we chose Grizzly which had a 45 min wait all day after re-opening) for all the hassel we went through. So thanks to her, we FINALLY got our second and final FULL ride on RSR.

Then went over to Grizzly to cool off!

By that time we were pretty burnt out on DCA, so we went back over to Disneyland. I honestly think that Disneyland has an overall better feel to it. With as much as I loved Cars Land, DCA in general will NEVER measure up to the beloved Disneyland.

One last ride on Splash...

We missed the HM opening by one day!

Last Churro!

One last ride on Thunder...

Star Tours one more time...

And finally.....our very last ride was on Pirates.

My family then headed to Rainforest Cafe, where I would meet them a little later after I got some nighttime pics at Cars Land.

The dragon looks so cool at night!

I love those bar stools!

That's the end of our trip! It's always so hard to leave. Especially this time since I have no idea when I'll get to go back It was fun as always, and I miss it already!

Thanks for reading my TR!

Awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for all of us!

• Future Imagineer!!

I said it earlier and I'll say it again! Great pictures and storytelling! You got me even more excited for my trip this friday!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• I'm from Canada eh!

I really like your night time photo's of Carsland. Also the twilight pic of the Mark Twain is pretty spectacular too! It is too bad that Indy was down and that you missed HM. I guess all the more reason to take another trip right? This is the time of year that we normal head down to California and we probably will not make so these pics are the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!

How busy was it when you were there? Wondering if it was light since it's off season.

Awesome report! Always nice to see fun TR'S!!!

Awesome trip report it looks like you had an amazing time, thanks for posting!

• Capt without a ship...

Love the report, did you guys get to see Luigi's or Ramone's on your full ride of RSR?

And I heartily agree with you on the WOC viewing, actually it should be for parades too, if everyone sat, yes you would fit less people, but everyone, including little kids could see without blocking anyone.

• waitin' to board

Nice TR.......thanks for posting it.....

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Great TR! You took some awesome shots! You look so sad in that last picture..
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

• formerly very helpful

Wonderful trip report! It helps us stuck in Realityland to revisit the parks, too! Thanks.

This is really a good trip report, one of the best. Thank you! What a nice looking family.
    It must be very frustrating to go to CARacers and finally get on only to have to walk off. I pray this doesn't happen on my trip.
    I agree that kids on shoulders is a problem. Why can't everyone be coniderate.

Quote Originally Posted by produceguy View Post
    Awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for all of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
    I said it earlier and I'll say it again! Great pictures and storytelling! You got me even more excited for my trip this friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I really like your night time photo's of Carsland. Also the twilight pic of the Mark Twain is pretty spectacular too! It is too bad that Indy was down and that you missed HM. I guess all the more reason to take another trip right? This is the time of year that we normal head down to California and we probably will not make so these pics are the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
    Awesome report! Always nice to see fun TR'S!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smit-Dog View Post
    Awesome trip report it looks like you had an amazing time, thanks for posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    Nice TR.......thanks for posting it.....
    You are all so kind!! You're welcome, and THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by cpuJesse View Post
    Great TR! You took some awesome shots! You look so sad in that last picture..
    OMG I was reeaaaaalllly sad! I still am!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Wonderful trip report! It helps us stuck in Realityland to revisit the parks, too! Thanks.
    I know, I always love trip reports too! there's never enough! It was fun doing my own so that I got to re-live my trip a bit since I too am stuck back in "realityland" now!

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaskitten View Post
    This is really a good trip report, one of the best. Thank you! What a nice looking family.
    It must be very frustrating to go to CARacers and finally get on only to have to walk off. I pray this doesn't happen on my trip.
    I agree that kids on shoulders is a problem. Why can't everyone be coniderate.
    Well thank you! I hope that doesn't happen to you, it was very annoying after waiting for quite a while. The wait coulda been worse, but it's still wasted time...It'd be one thing it you only waited for 5 min or less...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast