Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My Trip to SoCal (Sept 8th-14th)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures and your trip with us. What camera did you use for taking those pictures? We were at DL/DCA about the same time as you (we arrived at DL on the afternoon of the 8th and returned home to the Seattle area on the evening of the 12th). We were bothered by the extreme humidity and heat -- but it was great that the crowds weren't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by radiatorsprings View Post
    How busy was it when you were there? Wondering if it was light since it's off season.
    Well, it wasn't really all that bad as far as lines/wait times, but as far as overall amount of people just walking around, it still seemed kinda heavy for our taste. Disneyland wasn't quite as bad as DCA, but that's to be expected with Cars Land I guess. But it seemed every day we were there got gradually busier each day in both parks (Mon-Thurs). I'm sure it was like 10X better than weekend and summer crowds, but I think from now on we'd like to try maybe November, or April or May when there'd be hopefully even less people. Not sure if that helps or not...

Quote Originally Posted by RSZero1 View Post
    Love the report, did you guys get to see Luigi's or Ramone's on your full ride of RSR?

And I heartily agree with you on the WOC viewing, actually it should be for parades too, if everyone sat, yes you would fit less people, but everyone, including little kids could see without blocking anyone.
    We got to ride it a total of 2.5 times... haha and every time we got Luigi's! We were really hoping to see Ramone's too but it didn't happen. The ".5" time is when we broke down in Luigi's in front of the mirror, so technically we saw up to that point of the ride 3 times.

and I totally agree with you about the parades too! when we attempted to watch soundsational it was a problem there also, but since it ended up breaking down anyway, it ended up not even mattering. But yea people make my blood boil sometimes!

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures and your trip with us. What camera did you use for taking those pictures? We were at DL/DCA about the same time as you (we arrived at DL on the afternoon of the 8th and returned home to the Seattle area on the evening of the 12th). We were bothered by the extreme humidity and heat -- but it was great that the crowds weren't bad at all.
    I just used point n shoot cameras... I started with my camera which is a Canon Powershot SD790 IS, but it completely stopped working on the third day of my trip. It was a good camera for a while but I've had it for almost 4 years and have used it A LOT so it's just shot I think. Nothing but problems lately. Then my step mom was kind enough to let me use hers for the rest of the trip, which I think takes better pictures anyway so that was a plus. But that one is a Canon Powershot ELPH300HS.

Yes this is probly the hottest and most humidity we've ever experienced in Disneyland! It was miserable at times!
    Last edited by CritterCountryGirl; 09-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Wow, thanks for all of the pictures. Friends & I were in Disneyland the 12th thru the 14th. DCA on the 12th. We lined up for Fastpasses for RSR 1st thing and got on @ 2:00 p.m. No problems with the ride. (Sorry for the breakdowns-we were concerned about that happening to us.) Did the whole park that day. (I was the tour guide for my friends because they had never been to DCA) Disappointed that Muppet vision 3-D was closed and replaced with the Frankenweenie movie trailer. They stayed for World of Color (yellow section-had the same complaint as you-people in the way) Because I had seen it before, one of my friends joined me & we watched it from the Paradise Pier Hotel where I stayed. (Park view)
    Did Disneyland the whole day on the 13th. (I also was very disappointed about Indy!)
    On the 14th, Haunted Mansion & Ghost Galaxy opened and so got to see those rides. And the Fireworks! Park-hopped in the middle of the day to catch Aladdin. (Did I mentioned I was VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT INDY!- I booked the trip 1 week before Disney sprung that refurb on me!!!) There should be a Law...
    I looked at your pictures, we're not in any of them Anyway, on the 15th, it was off to Universal Studios to see the Simpsons & the Transformers (and the rest), so I sort of did your trip in reverse.
    Oh yes: It was HOT, HOT, HOT... Some of the drink places ran out of drinks and ice.

One last note: Out of all of the new rides in Cars land, Luigi's Flying tires was the biggest disappointment. (I had high expectations for that one.)
    Bye...
    To "Hell" and back

Quote Originally Posted by fasspasser1 View Post
    Wow, thanks for all of the pictures. Friends & I were in Disneyland the 12th thru the 14th. DCA on the 12th. We lined up for Fastpasses for RSR 1st thing and got on @ 2:00 p.m. No problems with the ride. (Sorry for the breakdowns-we were concerned about that happening to us.) Did the whole park that day. (I was the tour guide for my friends because they had never been to DCA) Disappointed that Muppet vision 3-D was closed and replaced with the Frankenweenie movie trailer. They stayed for World of Color (yellow section-had the same complaint as you-people in the way) Because I had seen it before, one of my friends joined me & we watched it from the Paradise Pier Hotel where I stayed. (Park view)
    Did Disneyland the whole day on the 13th. (I also was very disappointed about Indy!)
    On the 14th, Haunted Mansion & Ghost Galaxy opened and so got to see those rides. And the Fireworks! Park-hopped in the middle of the day to catch Aladdin. (Did I mentioned I was VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT INDY!- I booked the trip 1 week before Disney sprung that refurb on me!!!) There should be a Law...
    I looked at your pictures, we're not in any of them Anyway, on the 15th, it was off to Universal Studios to see the Simpsons & the Transformers (and the rest), so I sort of did your trip in reverse.
    Oh yes: It was HOT, HOT, HOT... Some of the drink places ran out of drinks and ice.

One last note: Out of all of the new rides in Cars land, Luigi's Flying tires was the biggest disappointment. (I had high expectations for that one.)
    Bye...
    First of all, I'm very jealous you got to see HM and ghost galaxy.. I've seen HMH a loooong time ago, but never ghost galaxy and I missed it by a day! And I agree there should be a law!! haha

Second, I'm sorry you didn't like Luigi's... We decided just by looking at it that it wasn't worth the wait.. it was always pretty long so we never did go on it..

Glad you got to experience Universal too

Awesome trip report, I love seeing the resort through another person's perspective. Great photos!

Quote Originally Posted by CritterCountryGirl View Post
    First of all, I'm very jealous you got to see HM and ghost galaxy.. I've seen HMH a loooong time ago, but never ghost galaxy and I missed it by a day! And I agree there should be a law!! haha
    Yes HMH is so awesome! Space mountain Ghost galaxy really isn't all that great. I prefer the regular one any day. ( Just my opinion tho.

• Selfie Expert

Loved this!! Now i have to add Trader Sam's to my list next time I'm there. I love you Yoda backpack, by the way, those things always crack me up. I'm jealous of all the characters you got to meet!! So fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    Awesome trip report, I love seeing the resort through another person's perspective. Great photos!
    Thank you! I always love it too!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Loved this!! Now i have to add Trader Sam's to my list next time I'm there. I love you Yoda backpack, by the way, those things always crack me up. I'm jealous of all the characters you got to meet!! So fun!!
    Yea trader sam's was awesome! I loved my piranha pool! Wish I could have one right now! haha and thanks! I love Yoda! If you ever buy one make sure to get it through amazon it's like $30 or less compared to $60 + tax at disneyland!

• Disney "FREAK" since 1981

Thank you for the wonderful trip report.

I have lived here in So-Cal all my life and have been to Disneyland many times....but I have never done a multi-day trip and it seems like you have gotten to let the "Disneyfication" if you will, sink in and enjoy it all that much more.

I think you and many of the other trip report posters have inspired me to do so and I will now plan on taking a multi-disney park trip myself. Thank you for the wonderful pictures and comments and can't wait for your next trip report from wherever that may be!

Wishing you lots of disney magic back in realityland! lol

Quote Originally Posted by brunolvr View Post
    Can't wait to read your trip report.

Quote Originally Posted by addiction41999 View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful trip report.

I have lived here in So-Cal all my life and have been to Disneyland many times....but I have never done a multi-day trip and it seems like you have gotten to let the "Disneyfication" if you will, sink in and enjoy it all that much more.

I think you and many of the other trip report posters have inspired me to do so and I will now plan on taking a multi-disney park trip myself. Thank you for the wonderful pictures and comments and can't wait for your next trip report from wherever that may be!

Wishing you lots of disney magic back in realityland! lol
    I just now saw this comment.. sorry for the delayed response. The multi-day passes are nice, I only wish I could do it more often! I can't wait to do another trip report, but unfortunately it probly won't be anytime soon I'm finishing my last year of school and then hopefully start working soon after and who knows when I'll ever get vacation time/money. I'm going to rely on all the pictures that I took this last trip when I'm having Disneyland withdrawals! Along with all the ones that come through on MC! I already miss it sooooo much.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Fantastic report! Awesome pictures and great commentary!! I miss all the trip reports we use to have, and its wonderful to see a few of them making a come back this week!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I thank you very much for this great report. Thanks for taking the time to put all the great photos. I love food photos

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Wifey View Post
    Cool! I live not too far from Rancho and that is the Cheesecake Factory we always go to... I recognize that parking lot
    I also live in Rancho Cucamonga and go to the Victoria Gardens all the time. I get chocolates from the See's Candy just next to that Cheesecake Factory.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123