Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• former CM

HalloweenTime . . 1st look HMH, Carnival, Frankenweenie, misc. stuff

Thanks for all of the pictures, Ron!

We went today and were both happily surprised by how much we liked the short Frankenweenie preview in the Muppets 3D theater. How long was that, 10 minutes? Everyone in the Sunday crowd seemed nice (didn't hear any swearing, or hear any parents yelling at their kids) and many of the CMs seemed to be at the top of their game. We really liked breakfast (All-American kids meal & fruit plate) at Flo's sitting outdoors in the shade near the racing segment of Radiator Springs Racers--which was working perfectly, BTW. We entered DCA at about 8:40am and were impressed by how quickly and smoothly the CMs had the RSR Fastpass line flowing. Our FP was for 2:25pm, but (as you experts know) we could get our next FPs at about 10:40am, which we did for Space Mtn Ghost Galaxy. Both parks looked great!

Suggestion: I think the least expensive soft drinks in the two parks are in Ghirardelli's, AND we also got a delicious, free piece of pumpkin chocolate (one for each of us) to go with it, and no line!

• Minion

Re: 09/15/2012 - HalloweenTime - 1st look HMH, Carnival, Frankenweenie, misc. stuff

Back over at DCA, there was a failure during the neon lighting. It started out normally, but when they got to Flo's, the 1st few lights came on and then nothing. The music continued to play and then all the neon that was on turned off except for the one sign on the side of Luigi's. Then the DJ show started and in the middle all the neon came on at once.

I don't think I've seen the pink costumes before either, always the turquoise ones from Flo's and the ones from Luigi's.

IMG_2047 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2048 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2050 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2052 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2056 by socal_ron, on Flickr

some various night shots:

IMG_2061 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2064 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2065 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2066 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2067 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2071 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2072 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2074 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2075 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2076 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2077 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2079 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2080 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2081 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2084 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2085 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 09-16-2012 at 07:18 PM ----------

Meanwhile, at DL:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............

IMG_2088 by socal_ron, on Flickr

The Halloween Tree:

IMG_2089 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2090 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2091 by socal_ron, on Flickr

After a late dinner at RdZ, I managed to time it right to ride BTMRR during the fireworks as others have suggested, and it is quite an experience, especially in the second section when you are pretty much facing the fireworks directly.

I took the long way around on my way out and stopped by the Pixie Hollow fountain. The timing is off on the enchantment show. It started a little late and then the end was cut off, just stopping suddenly in the middle of the music.

IMG_2092 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_2095 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: 09/15/2012 - HalloweenTime - 1st look HMH, Carnival, Frankenweenie, misc. stuff

looks fun. Too bad Carsland doesn't have their own twist on Halloween in the decor. It'd be fun to see how the Cars from the film would handle Halloween.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

RSR after dark:

• Minion

Pixie Hollow Enchantment:

• Goofy

nice pics

• Under that tree again!

That was really weird with Mini WoC. You mentioned that it started late did it stop because something else was happening nearby?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That was really weird with Mini WoC. You mentioned that it started late did it stop because something else was happening nearby?

Nothing was happening, it was 10:00, after the fireworks were done and long after any parade. It just seemed like the control program was out of sync.

This was an awesome tip report!!! Thanks for posting I'm now feeli am officially in a DLR withdraw and I need to head to the parr ASAP.
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

Question: Is Muppetvision still running during Halloween-time, or is it only the Frankenweenie preview?

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Thanks---for sharing......I've yet to see the DJ Car show in Carsland myself. Halloween is definitely upon us

I loved the Frankweenie exhibit myself when I went on Sunday morning.....The 4-D sneak peak was a great way to get out of the heat and the rain effect felt good.

Here are some pics I got from the exhibit as well

Brad's Disneyland blog: Frankenweenie the Exhibit: At DCA

and also Muppetvision is not running right now

Really disappointing Muppetvision will not be running when I'm there in October.

Great trip report. I really enjoyed all of the pictures. Thanks for shaing with all of us.

• Fun times

Thanks for a great Trip Report! Cannot wait to see it in person.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Nothing was happening, it was 10:00, after the fireworks were done and long after any parade. It just seemed like the control program was out of sync.
    Ron, I saw your video last night. This evening I was in the park and watched the show. It did the exact same thing as in your video. It's certainly a bit odd.

Thanks as always for the wonderful photos and videos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast