Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

My First Ever Micechat Trip Report

Hi Folks!

Don't know if there's any particular etiquette people use here at Micechat to tell about their trips so I'll just play it by ear!

My family and I left for DL on Decmber 31st at 8 am. We live in Santa Cruz so it took us about 7 hours to get there by car. We pulled into the check in area of the DL Hotel around 3 pm and I went inside to register. The first person I ran into was Goofy who blew me a kiss! Loved that!

I had called the night before to make sure that we had a view room of DTD in the Sierra Tower and the CM had confirmed it , but for some reason the CM said we were on the 9th floor of the Bonita Tower. I asked if there was any way we could have the view room we had requested and he said it was no longer available , but gave us a 4th floor room with a DTD view at a discounted rate so I was happy! I love the DLH!

So we went up to our room and debated whether we would go into the park that night or not as it was pouring rain outside. We looked around the DLH gift shops and bought some NYE Mickey ears then went a little ways into DTD to check out all the new holiday pins. They had a lot of really good ones.

Then we went back up to the room and had some champagne and Martinellis'. We had some time to kill before our dinner reservation at Yamabuki's so we walked around the grounds of the DLH being silly and taking goofy pictures. Then we hung out in the lobby of the PPH and visited with some people from New Zealand. They were giving us a bad time because we were confusing the words "kiwis" and "kiwi fruit" and they couldn't believe that we were people who actually went to DL about once a month for the last year! It was really fun seeing their reactions!

At 7 pm , we said goodbye and went over to Yamabuki's. We had great service and the food was fantastic! My husband and one daughter love Sukiyaki so they ordered that and the rest of us ordered Sashimi and Tempura and California rolls.

We finished around 9 and the weather had calmed down a little so we deicded to venture into DL. Main Street was so packed that we were directed to walk down an alley to the right and behind Main Strret. I was joking with my hubby that "the magic was ruined for me" but really it was quite interesting to me. I always find it amazing that they do such a good job of disguising DL from the outside world when you're in the main sections of the park. We ended up going through a door in Tomorrowland where the old AP center was located. We headed straight to The Matterhorn line which was actually pretty short. But we had to wait a while because the fireworks started just then.

After we rode the Matterhorn, we headed toward Frontierland. We stopped at Big Thunder Ranch to pick uyp the hats and horns they were giving out and ran into one of our favorite CM.s. We wished him a Happy New Year and kept going , then arrived just in time to see Fantasmic. After watching most of that we got right on POTC! Then we went over to the HM. We missed some of the NBC things they did last year, but we liked a lot of the new things too!

After that we went over to Pooh Country and got one chocolate covered strawberry and one caramel apple which we all shared. Then we headed back toward Main Street. When we got there it was a total mob scene since it was almost midnight and even though we wanted to cross so we could go to the Buzz Lightyear Stage , we got sent down the alley behind Main Street leading to the town square. We came out behind the fire station right at midnight when they were starting the fireworks and all we could see was the smoke. As soon as the fireworks ended, we thought about trying to go to Club Buzz still. But when we saw the mob scene that was headed our way, we decided we'd better just head out the front gates which we did. Even walking through DTD was a mob scene , but it was a mellow crowd so it wasn't that bad.

We got back to our room around 1 am and went to sleep!

To be continued.....

• All you need is LOVE

Re: My First Ever Micechat Trip Report

Thanks for the Report

• See you there!

Sounds like you had a great time! You ate at my favorite DL resort restaurant (Yamabuki). Got me in the mood for some Sashimi and sushi (very good at Yamabuki BTW).

Keep the report coming. You've got a good start!

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

PB - you're doing great - I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for more!

• Circle of Ancients

Okay...I'm still awake so I'll write a little more...

On Sunday the 1st , we slept in as long as we could then checked out of the DLH since we had reservations at the GCH for that night. There was a huge line of guests coming and going so we decided we'd just store our luggage and come back later in the day.

We went into DCA and got some coffee, lattes, and steamed milk at the Brrrrrr-bank place and got fast passes for Soarin'. Just then, we ran into my sister and her husband and two kids who were also at DL for the weekend. We had fun just standing around Soarin for about a half hour while the kids played under the spray. Then we went with them over to the play area by the Grizzley (can't think of the name of it right now). I love that they have that area...I think it is perfect for wiggly toddlers. We were there for about a half hour then split up since they wanted to go on rides and we had a lunch reservation at The Storyteller's Cafe.

We met up with Matt Hamand (who we know from MP) and his family as well as Darkbeer and Deogge'smom who I think belong to a few Disney boards. We had a really relaxing lunch with a lot of fun conversations. If you've not eaten there, the pizza is great! You can pick whatever three toppings you want and it is so big that you can save half for a snack later in the day!

After lunch, everyone went over to the new Monster's Inc ride and Animation building and my hubby and I went to check in at the GCH. My hubby was in the line and I was sitting in the lobby just people watching while Goofy was running around charming everyone. Then he came over to me and sat down and pretended to eat my leftover pizza and drink my soda. That was pretty funny.

We were given a really nice room on the 5th floor above the lobby ande had our baggage brought up then headed right back over to DCA to find our kids. . We used our fast passes and walked right onto Soarin...love that ride! Then we went on the Grizzley , got toally soaked and then went on it again!!!

By this time we were all ready for a nap so we went back to our room. Then we got a call from our friend SCUBAbe so we arranged to meet her, her daughter and her daughter's friend at the Cove Bar at 6 pm. I have always wanted to meet her and it was well worth the wait! She is a totally sweet and hilarious person. I have no idea what we talked about but we were laughing the entire time. It was hard to say goodbye , but at 7 pm we did since we had a reservation at Ariel's with my sister and her family.

Special note: we don't usually go on this few rides and eat this much. This trip was an exception! We were really just trying to find a way to stay warm and dry while meeting padders and our family! Anyways....

Ariel's was a total blast! We thought we were going to see the "classic" characters, but it turned out to be a "princess" dinner. We saw Belle, Mulan, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine and they were all fantastic. They went to every tableand made every guest feel really special. My nephew can be a stinker at times , but they even got him to warm up and take his picture with them. And this is really funny....I was sitting with my sister and her family and my husband was sitting with our kids and Sleeping Beauty mistakenly thought one of my daughters was his wife! When she realized she wasn't his wife she quickly said "Oh um I really like your hair." My kids were cracking up! We stopped by City Hall at the end of our trip and gave her a compliment because we really liked her....she was sweet not only to them but also at our table too. And Ariel was awesome! My niece had drawn her a picture and she took it and gave my nice the biggest hug and said "I LOVE this." My niece was totally enthralled.

Okay....now I am falling asleep so I will continue tomorrow....

• Give Peace a Chance

What a wonderful first time trip report!
    If you keep doing this fine of a job we'll have to have you write a book featuring all of your past DLR trips! Thanks for sharing.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Hehe, you braved the GRR while it was raining? We did too, and I got lucky, it was mattjbhs and my little brother who got soaked, I just got my leg wet . But it was the invisible people sitting opposite us who got it the worst, if we had sat in their seats we would have drowned.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

YAY! More! More!

• Banned User

ok girl friend, I missed you !!! But at least I can live thru your reports tell me more!!! o, tapping my feet this is so good go on please........

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

sounds like you had a wonderful time. And how old is your daughter that was mistaken for ur hubby's wife?

• GO DBACKS!!

Lovin' it PB!!

NOW WAKE UP, GET IN HERE AND FINISH!!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's Return
    sounds like you had a wonderful time. And how old is your daughter that was mistaken for ur hubby's wife?
    She is 17 and the thing that made it extra funny is that her sister who is her identical twin was sitting right across from her! LOL

In Sleeping Beauty's defense, I don't think she was actually looking at her that closely when she mistook her as the mom. I think she just saw two girls on one side of the table then a man and a female on the other side of the table. But she never missed a beat or got flustered .....she just kept talking and smiling.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 01-08-2006 at 09:48 AM.

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

LOL. Well i would have laughed if I was there. Im glad you had a good time

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    Lovin' it PB!!

NOW WAKE UP, GET IN HERE AND FINISH!!!
    Aye aye!

Okay....so if you have ever eaten at Ariel's you know that they give you way too much food followed by sugar and more sugar. Plus I had eaten that big pizza earlier. So I ordered a dinner salad to start with and a cobb salad as the main course, but I put that right into a box to save for the next day. But I ate the brownie sundae and part of the cotton candy that they always gve you with the check. My niece and nephew were thrilled to get the buckets and shovels that came with their kids meals. And everyone got a button. Ariel's is always a great experience and really reasonably priced...$20.99 for adults and $14.99 for kids. Not bad!

We finshed around 9 pm and my niece was DYING to go on the Grizzley. No one else wanted to go so I took her. I have never been on that late at night and thought we were absolutely crazy! But it really wasn't that bad since we had warm jackets and rain ponchos. My niece was just barely big enough and she held on to my hand really tight the whole time but absolutely loved it.

After that. we all went over to the TOT. There was no wait at all so we all went twice. My niece was big enough to go but she had done it before and didn't like it so a few of us waited outside with her once. The CM was really nice and said to her "If you want to go inside just so you can see everything , but then just not go on the elevator, that's fine." She said "Okay." Then I walked inside with her and we were only about 4 feet into the lobby when she said "Okay, I've seen everything!" and turned around and walked out! LOL

We had just enough time before DCA closed to go over to the Animation Building. This is hands down my family's favorite thing to do at DCA. We love kicking back on the couches and watching all the videos from all the movies. They have changed what they play since the last time we were there.

They also changed the Mushu show so now it is a show where they teach you how to draw a Disney character. My kids had all drawn Goofy earlier and this session we went to was to learn how to draw Pooh. Now trust me....I am not an artist at all, but they give such good directions that anyone could draw him. Everyone's drawings came out really good and we were all instructed to sign them and take them with us. So fun!!

It was 10 pm and my hubby and two younger kids were pretty tired so they went back to the GCH. My twins and I were still wide awake so we headed over to DL with my sister and her family. We walked straight down Main Street and through the castle. My sister and I were looking in the "Once Upon a Time" store which we both love while everyone else went on the carousel. My nephew got to ride the golden horse and he was thrilled. Then they went on the Dumbo ride and he waited so he could get the golden elephant. My niece was thrilled to get a blue one!

After that we went over to IASW. I love the Chrsitmas overlay. My twins had never seen it and they thought it was really neat too. At first my nephew said he didn't want to go on it because "it was boring." But my sister and I could both tell that he loved it. Our favorite section was the Mexico section, but we also like the "Greg Brady surfer" and he had a little tiny Stitch on his surfboard . And we liked the little Hawaiiin dancers...my niece looks like them.

We had enough time to do one more ride and it was a toss up between Space Mountain or Star Wars so we chose the latter. Then we walked back down Main Street toward the gates. I always like to give at least one CM compliment on every trip so we stopped by City Hall and I filled out the form. Then we headed back to the hotel. I was really glad we had decided to stay at the GCH that night because we were beat so it was nice to not have to go far. And it worked out well for us that my sister was there with her family because the rooms only hold 5 people , but she had one extra bed and we needed one extra bed!

My husband and kids had never stayed there before and they all really liked it there too. My son was up playing computer games when we got back and he was hungry so he ordered a cheeseburger and fries from room service and it came really quickly. It was about 1am when we all finally went to sleep.

I gotta go get ready for church...I'll write more later.....
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 01-08-2006 at 09:47 AM.

• Happy 2007!

Love the trip report, PB. I'm getting ideas for our upcoming trip. I think I'll PM you with some questions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast