Hello all! Im mostly a lurker when it comes to this site but I was wondering if you had any advice for me, my trip details:
Oct 19th: Arrive late from (actually will not touch down at LAX until the 20th)
Oct 20-24th: Disneyland Resort with a ticket to the MHP on the 22nd
Oct 25th: Knotts Scary Farm (and a ticket to the Haunt)
Oct 26th: Fly to Oklahoma City from SNA
Oct 27th: Notre Dame vs Oklahoma (my alma matter vs my brothers )
Oct 28th: Go home
Hotel: Hilton Anaheim (cashing in some HHonors points and using my brand new HHonors Gold card)
I have a few questions for all you regulars back here:
1. I get a Magic Morning with my 5 day Hopper (yes I spending the extra money to have a ticket to the parks on my MHP day, I doubt I will be back to CA anytime soon and dont want to waste a moment) when should I use it Saturday or Tuesday?
2. During this time of the year should I expect to get soaked on Grizzly River Rapids? I know at WDW Kali River Rapids drop causes a tidal wave to spill onto the boat but I heard your version can dial back to wetness.
3. If I purchase my park pass as an "E-ticket" will I have to cart around a piece of paper the entire week or will they convert it to a real ticket at the gate. Earlier this year I went to Universal Orlando and they would not give me a real ticket, that is until my E-ticket got destroyed on Popeye's (despite being in a plastic bag) and even then that took a half an hour to sort out. Im willing to pay the $5 processing fee for a real ticket if I can avoid this.
4. Is the ART bus still running to Knotts in October and if so does it run late enough that I can catch a ride back to Disneyland at the end of the Haunt?
5. Do I need a WOC meal to get a good seat to World of Color (I plan on watching Fantasmic and Remember Sat and Sun and plan on seeing WOC Mon and Wed)
6. How should I plan my MHP day, should I try to get pictures/candy early and do rides later (in between the shows) or visa versa. I have a great costume planned and want to get some pictures with some villains and fab 5 in their costumes. Obviously seeing Halloween Screams and the Parade once will also be a big priority.
7. I want to have a Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans one night for sure, any other table dining that is not to be missed? Also will I be able to get a reservation the day of, or should I make one soon?
8. Im going solo this trip, how long is the RSR single line these days. Should I skip going to the fastpass line at opening and just jump in the single rider line?
9. I plan on buying a pre Haunt meal to get the hour of ERT at Knotts, and obviously I plan on going on the Evil Dead Log Ride first, but after that should I just make a loop through the mazes or is there some other mazes I should hit ASAP before the line grows too long.
10. Speaking of plans, at true park opening the am, what roller coasters should I ride first thing at Knotts?
11. Any other general advise is welcome.
Look for pictures in this thread once I get back.
Lastly Im getting myself ready for the DLR by going through my Disney catalog. One movie a night, with a focus on watching movies that have shows/rides at the DLR (with the most important ones last.)
Sept 16th: Opening double header: Tangled and Princess and the Frog
Sept 17th: Up
Sept 19th: Enchanted (not home the 18th)
Sept 20th: 101 Dalmatians
Sept 21st: Toy Story
Sept 23nd: POTC: CotBP (not home the 22nd)
Sept 24rd: Monsters Inc.
Sept 26th: Toy Story 2 (not home the 25th)
Sept 27th: The Lion King
Sept 28th: Beauty and the Beast
Sept 29th: Mary Poppins
Sept 30th: POTC: DMC
Oct 1st: Aladdin
Oct 2nd: The Little Mermaid
Oct 3rd: Toy Story 3
Oct 4th: Tarzan
Oct 5th: Fantasia 2000
Oct 6th: Peter Pan
Oct 7th: POTC: AWE
Oct 8th: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Oct 9th: Pinocchio
Oct 10th: Finding Nemo
Oct 11th: Alice in Wonderland
Oct 12th: Fantasia
Oct 13th: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Oct 14th: POTC: OST
Oct 15th: Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?
Oct 16th: Sleeping Beauty
Oct 17th: Cars
Oct 18th: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Cant wait until 10/19!